• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Food combos that just work.

Dural

Movie theater popcorn and Raisinets or M&Ms.

Fresh cheese curds and an ice cold pop (I prefer Dr Pepper).

XXL

Crab and Butter
Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

wondermega

When I was a kid, my mom would make me macaroni and cheese and serve it with applesauce. I always thought it was just a normal thing.. then I had some as a young adult and my friend incessantly made fun of me. But, it was delicious, would totally eat it now.

I don't drink sodas anymore, but for several years I was certainly addicted to Coke, especially with burgers etc. Never would drink Pepsi (just tasted too sweet, and kind of "off," guess I just never acclimated to it). But there was a special little hot dog train car restaurant a town over, and they exclusively served Pepsi, so that's what I'd drink every time I visited. It wasn't long before the two flavors became associated in my palate, and I'd crave that Pepsi every time I had that delicious steamed hot dog! I still visit that place when I return home every year or so, but as I'm sworn off soda, I just have a bottle of water with the dog. But a significant part of my brain screams at me each time "This is delicious, but it would be SO MUCH BETTER WITH PEPSI!" It's the only time I really miss soda.

Lastly, this will likely sound pretty disgusting, but when I'm home for the holidays my Mom always serves chopped liver, I eat it on a Ritz cracker with a little dab of ketchup on it. It's fucking so delicious. I could just eat that all day.. if I'd never had it and someone suggested, I'm sure I'd think it sounded gross as hell and believe them to be crazy, but here we are.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

When I was in the 1st grade there was this kid in my class who sometimes had peanut butter & pickle sandwiches in his brown bag lunch. The first time I thought it was a joke, but he kept bringing them and eating them. I seriously thought it was some kind of meta prank performance art. I mentioned it to my mom and she said "Oh no, peanut butter & pickle sandwiches have been around forever, some people love them." I've never had the nerve to try it myself.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Had a conversation with a allround supermarket woman who I believe has a thing for me. So we chit chat sometimes. Today I told her I was making Tosti's Hawaii (grilled cheese sandwiches) and she was like nuh uh. So we chit chatted some more and left her moist.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Oh right. 2 pieces of sourdough bread. Cheese slices on it. On top some nice ham. Semi dryed pineapple slices with some salt, pepper and Frank's red hot and more cheese as a final layer.

In the grill..

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
One time I shoved a bunch of a KFC bowl into a Taco Bell Cheesy Gordita crunch, and I thought I found a real life Easter egg. It tasted so good.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
When I was in the 1st grade there was this kid in my class who sometimes had peanut butter & pickle sandwiches in his brown bag lunch. The first time I thought it was a joke, but he kept bringing them and eating them. I seriously thought it was some kind of meta prank performance art. I mentioned it to my mom and she said "Oh no, peanut butter & pickle sandwiches have been around forever, some people love them." I've never had the nerve to try it myself.
I think I tried it once. I didn’t like it

Top Bottom