• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Post match interviews:

"Mr.Kroos, UEFA named you MotM and our commentator also agrees with this, what are your comments"

Kroos: "To be honest, I dont care. Last week the talk was about me beeing replacable, this week it's such. I don't waste a tought with outside comments, I just focus on doing the best for the team"

Neuer about the red: "I think the red card was too much, I understand the regulation but it's just not fair."

Lahm: "We won't do the same mistake as last year, we learnt from that and we will play 100% football in the home match."

Can't believe all the home teams lost so far. Even if you're shit you shouldn't allow that to happen. Zenit will show them how it's done.

Tc91

147 - Toni Kroos completed the same number of passes as the 12 Arsenal outfield players combined tonight (147). Master.

Damn. Dat Kroos.

Blablurn

Moyes plzsss.

David-Moyes-1878429.jpg

wedward

This red card/penalty thing is BS.

Robben has been denied a goalscoring opportunity, he gets a penalty. Why should Chesney not be punished for yet more terrible decision making?

Why should Demichellis not get sent off for taking down Messi yesterday?

When we played United last season under RDM, why should Branna not have been sent off for taking down Ashley Young?

The player has to be punished. If Chesney, and Demichellis are allowed to get away with it, and stay on the pitch then they will do it again.

Imagine if that was a Bayern penalty, no red for Chesney, he saves it. 10 minutes later, Robben bombs in again, Chesney thinks to himself, I can get away with this. He does the same thing again, because he knows he won't be sent off, or maybe he does get sent off. Thats incredibly unfair on Bayern too.

Why should he be allowed to make that error twice? He shouldnt, he should get sent off, he should miss 3 matches and he should lump it because no-one put a gun to his head and told him to go and take Robben out.

You cannot give professional footballers the chance to be repeat offenders on this sort of thing. Imagine how many players would get a JT knee up the backside like Sanchez or whoever it was did at the Nou Camp in 2012. He thought he would get away with it, he didn't, he got (rightly) sent off and it cost him the chance to play in the CL final.

Diving is no different. Players get away with it because the repercussions are that players get a bit of stick. Doesn't matter to WBA though that Rami earnt that penalty against them that he gets some stick. Steve Clarke is out of a job, imagine where he would be if the ref hadnt given it. Everyones only kicking off because its against the English teams. If Alaba or Dante had been sent off for a similar thing, no-one would be complaining. If Arsenal had gone to score 2 goals, it would be "clinical Arsenal knock down the defending champions" not "Bayern had a player sent off and Arsenal did what they should have done" (Nothing against Arsenal specially)

Banning players for their stupid decisions is the only way to get them to tow the line and keep them in order. Unfortunately even then it doesn't always work.

If it were a yellow, why would he do it again?

I worded it wrong, I know that we're not. The first sentence was hypothetical. A shame really, we're clearly above 30th in Europe. Ah well.

The way it works now is pretty fair I think.

On that point, if United got back to the CL even next year, think we'd slip down into pot 2, unless we get some good results this season. Moyes pls.

$16bn for whatsapp. Fuck.

Carbonox

Debuchy outright said he might not be at Newcastle next season. Don't blame him. :lol Obviously off to PSG to reunite with Cabaye.

Draconian

This red card/penalty thing is BS.

Robben has been denied a goalscoring opportunity, he gets a penalty. Why should Chesney not be punished for yet more terrible decision making?

Why should Demichellis not get sent off for taking down Messi yesterday?

When we played United last season under RDM, why should Branna not have been sent off for taking down Ashley Young?

The player has to be punished. If Chesney, and Demichellis are allowed to get away with it, and stay on the pitch then they will do it again.

Imagine if that was a Bayern penalty, no red for Chesney, he saves it. 10 minutes later, Robben bombs in again, Chesney thinks to himself, I can get away with this. He does the same thing again, because he knows he won't be sent off, or maybe he does get sent off. Thats incredibly unfair on Bayern too.

Why should he be allowed to make that error twice? He shouldnt, he should get sent off, he should miss 3 matches and he should lump it because no-one put a gun to his head and told him to go and take Robben out.

You cannot give professional footballers the chance to be repeat offenders on this sort of thing. Imagine how many players would get a JT knee up the backside like Sanchez or whoever it was did at the Nou Camp in 2012. He thought he would get away with it, he didn't, he got (rightly) sent off and it cost him the chance to play in the CL final.

Diving is no different. Players get away with it because the repercussions are that players get a bit of stick. Doesn't matter to WBA though that Rami earnt that penalty against them that he gets some stick. Steve Clarke is out of a job, imagine where he would be if the ref hadnt given it. Everyones only kicking off because its against the English teams. If Alaba or Dante had been sent off for a similar thing, no-one would be complaining. If Arsenal had gone to score 2 goals, it would be "clinical Arsenal knock down the defending champions" not "Bayern had a player sent off and Arsenal did what they should have done" (Nothing against Arsenal specially)

Banning players for their stupid decisions is the only way to get them to tow the line and keep them in order. Unfortunately even then it doesn't always work.

Spot on. Giving straight reds for these kind of challenges is harsh, but deservedly so. If you don't, you'll have players making these sorts of challenges all the time, ruining the game. They didn't make the rules to be cruel, they made them to protect the integrity of the game.

dc89

The way it works now is pretty fair I think.

On that point, if United got back to the CL even next year, think we'd slip down into pot 2, unless we get some good results this season. Moyes pls.

$16bn for whatsapp. Fuck.

Google bought Motorola for $4bn less!!! Mental money.

---

Alex Turner was an embarrassment at The Brits tonight. An actual embarrassment accepting that last reward. I wish I could un-see it. He tried to be cool like Liam or Noel, it just didn't work.

Elchele

At least we got the 2 goals and a clean sheet, but we played like shit today.
Hopefully we don't go back to these early in the season tactics ever again.

Spot on. Giving straight reds for these kind of challenges is harsh, but deservedly so. If you don't, you'll have players making these sorts of challenges all the time, ruining the game. They didn't make the rules to be cruel, they made them to protect the integrity of the game.

I'm for a straight red on an outfield player if he's the last man, but a goalkeeper should be down to discretion and individual circumstance.

arkon

Introduce sin bins.

Chesney gets chucked in it for 10 minutes. No subs allowed. Multi-ball an option. Let the mayhem ensue. That'll teach him.

wedward

but players get sent off for two yellows on weekly basis!

you know what's fucking stupid though? Yellow card accumulation.

Tackles are more common than the keeper running of his line and taking out his last man.

Id rather you just give the other team the goal, no penalty required. Red cards just ruin the game.

Yellow card accumulation is dumb also.

God works in mysterious ways

Why isn't Kroos one of Bayern's higher earners?

I guess because at the time of signing his last contract he wasn't such a key player.

But also it seems to me like homegrown players, in general, have to do a lot more to get the top wages which come with large transfer fees.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wenger: "Everything went against us. Özil's penalty? I prefer people run properly to hit the ball."

BgyurwSIgAATIv0.jpg

Suen

whats a dortmund
Pls the wound is still fresh. Remember that we could have gone to the final if Özil had passed the ball to Ronaldo.

Fuck, why do I have to suffer with him in Arsenal as well? Is this the real punishment for following more than one team? :(

GorillaJu

Alaba missing his pen seemed inevitable when he stepped up. He hesitated for a second and it looked like he just had no confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom