• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

And there goes another pleb from my Facebook friend list.

"Wats wiv all the Olympic status's get a fukin a life is shit. I wudnt watch it an im doin fuk all. All ur taxs been spent on it. Pick! More wages or watch this shit. I know what id choose"

Spelling reflected accurately.
What's up with this guys grammar skills? Swag? :p

Do you guys remember the crowd today at HT in the City/Chelsea game? I felt so embarrassed. What has our national sport become?

The exposure to the Olympics, and the nature it has been done with by both the competitors and the crowds, who have supported all the nations, has left me with a sour taste about football and its players with their antics; it is too hostile too cynical.

Cant say I'm looking forward to the season all that much after having a taste of London 2012

Yen

Do you guys remember the crowd today at HT in the City/Chelsea game? I felt so embarrassed. What has our national sport become?

The exposure to the Olympics, and the nature it has been done with by both the competitors and the crowds, who have supported all the nations, has left me with a sour taste about football and its players with their antics; it is too hostile too cynical.

Cant say I'm looking forward to the season all that much after having a taste of London 2012

"WANKER WANKER WANKER..." ad infinitum.

dc89

A0IjD7hCMAErelG.jpg:large

:lol you're too serious. Lighten up! :p

Arnie

You should read this.

Yen

Stop putting me in muppet mode. He says a medical is due at 11am tomorrow, with an interview at 6pm. So we'll establish how much credibility he has rather soon.

When has any player had a live interview with sky at 6pm on the day they signed?

spidye

That's what I was referring to, spidye; Here's all of it:

i40oY614c5TkF.gif

:lol
thanks. mandzukic and shaqiri seem pretty happy at bayern
Really? according to Marca and AS, they don't want to sell Llorente but they aren't talking about Javi.

The german press is pretty sure about Javi Martínez joining Bayern, and Rummenigge gave a hint about it during an interview.

Thanks. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
hopefully. gustavo's passing was awful.

can looked like class, tho. he can totally be the new schweinsteiger and a leader too.

Tc91

Football Agent ‏@agent_153
Sorry but i just got a phonecall. #Owen is an #EFC player. He will release it on twitter tomorrow and will be present at training ground

This guy is having a laugh.

So tomorrow M'vila to Spurs, Ramirez to Liverpool, RVP to United, Owen to Everton!

kharma45

This guy is having a laugh.

So tomorrow M'vila to spurs, Ramirez to Liverpool, RVP to United, Owen to Everton!

If they all come off he'll be a hero.

If he doesn't he'll hopefully one bullshitter on Twitter.

Ah.. yeah. So when City sign a young English player its OMFGWTF.

Thought as much.

If you'd signed Rodwell 3 or 4 years ago it would've been heralded as a great swoop but he's been off the boil of late, whereas Jones was being touted for big things at Blackburn.

Jensen

I agree, the atmosphere surrounding the Olympics was so welcoming and seeing a crowd just cheering the athlete from their country and still giving warm receptions to the other competitors was a welcome change.

Football is a great sport but the way fans treat each other and players from other clubs are starting to put me off it.

More than 50p? :p
Around £131 per person with most of the cost on Londoners.

Arnie

Ah.. yeah. So when City sign a young English player its OMFGWTF.

Thought as much.
Completely different. Jones looked a fantastic talent at Blackburn, Rodwell's been nothing but underwhelming for years. He's played a lot of games but hasn't shown the raw talent that Jones ever did. A few years ago that fee might've been accurate for his initial promise, but he never capitalised on it, and after a couple of average, injury stricken seasons it looks hilarious.

Kyoufu

Debuchy is 100% Newcastle's fault. Don't blame them if you won't pay an extra £2m.

Not 100%. More like 70%. Player has been with the club for like 20 years, wants to finally leave for bigger prospects. They tell him NOPE, we just sold Hazard for 34 million but we're not letting you go because Newcastle won't give us another 2 million. Instead you will remain here even though you have given us your all for so long.

I agree it's mostly our fault, but they've shown him no respect at all.

Debuchy lol.

I love stuff to do with the Toon, 1 of my mates is a Newcastle fan and I remember the day you guys signed Obertan.

Lesson learned that youtube scouting doesn't work.

Wes

venison crêpe
Simon Poulsen to Villa appears to be back on. Wasn't too keen on him during the Euros but anything to get Warnock out.

elseanio

Not like we have much time to decide:

Football Thread |OT2| The Beautiful Game
Football Thread |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season is about to start
Football Thread |OT2| Let the real games begin
Football Thread |OT2| And so it begins
Football Thread |OT2| Thread of OT3 title suggestions

Any other suggestions welcome

Kyoufu

Football Thread |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season is about to start

Hahahah do it!

K1LLER7

I like this.

^ Nice choice Kyoufu :)

elseanio

I'm going with "@agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started" since a) its wrong information, and b) it wont be out of date in a week :p

edit* posting. Please let met grab the first post for FF info

Salvadora

Make it so.

ShogunX

Completely different. Jones looked a fantastic talent at Blackburn, Rodwell's been nothing but underwhelming for years. He's played a lot of games but hasn't shown the raw talent that Jones ever did. A few years ago that fee might've been accurate for his initial promise, but he never capitalised on it, and after a couple of average, injury stricken seasons it looks hilarious.

Think your being a bit unfair on the lad to be honest. Not many people look good in a David Moyes side and it's common knowledge that youth players don't enjoy their time working with him due to his lack of trust and how heavily he expects players to carry out his game plan. Rodwell has struggled with injuries like you say but whenever he's managed to put a run of games together he has looked decent.

City have the money to take risks but it's one that could see them pick up a utility player that could play for the club for the next decade.

Phil Jones is a strange one for me - Not sure if he has enhanced his reputation during his Man Utd career or damaged it. He went to UTD a promising player who could play in a variety of roles yet now nobody wants to see him in midfield and he's a bit suspect at the back. Personally think Smalling is the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom