• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I see that we have retained Brad Friedel, according to the PL list. Good for him, he'll be a good player coach.

Gomes could go to Leeds apparently.

Zabojnik

I can safely say every death was the result of either a glitch or my coop partners (emphasis on more than one) not doing their jobs.

Well, don't feel too bad about it. The majority of the bosses are piss-easy even on solo.

So The Order is just a prettier Gears of War after all. Disappoint. It does look great though.

Yen

The mark schemes/marking for my economics exam seems really odd. The lecturers model answer for a 50 mark question (15% of the exam) is 8 lines long.
*does uni just not care for the bloat/BS that we had to prepare in A-Level?

bjaelke

It was, but I was hoping there'd be something more to it, somehow. Doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well. Will buy from Blablurn at half price.

could still be although it was quite similar to the last tease from them

looks remarkable. cant wait to see it without twitch tearing and fps drops

L1NETT

edgar wright not directing Ant Man anymore???

fuck Disney

a6e80252b738d261d130e5398e86af28.jpg

THE FUCK

Eeeshhhhh that blows so bad

Guess he didn't want to produce another cookie cutter Marvel Studios movie.

Last few Marvel studios movies have been right boring....but GOTG looks great. Thought they were onto a winner here

LTWheels

Gears of War was exciting at the time as there was nothing else like it. The PS2 Gen wasn't exactly known for third person cover shooters. Even then it was vastly different from RE4.

It was graphically impressive at the time and the gameplay was new and fresh with impressive multipler.

Yet nothing shown for the new consoles has shown any new kind of gameplay.

Carbonox

Shame, I was interested in his vision for the film. Especially given that I have no interest in the Ant-Man character.

I'm sure they'll get a decent replacement though. Not as interesting though.

Gears of War was exciting at the time as there was nothing else like it. The PS2 Gen wasn't exactly known for third person cover shooters. Even then it was vastly different from RE4.

It was graphically impressive at the time and the gameplay was new and fresh with impressive multipler.

Yet nothing shown for the new consoles has shown any new kind of gameplay.

Gears of War controlled beautifully as well.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How do Chelsea get such obscene amounts for their players :eek:

Especially their players who dont play

Carbonox

I only had a 360 for a brief time but Gears of War was my most played title on it. So fucking good.

The Order looks decent, can't really say otherwise based off of a short gameplay segment.

Zabojnik

what more could you wish for? Gears of War was amazing

Only played the first one (and a bit of the 3rd one, I think) for a couple of hours, was bored to tears 'cause of the repetitive and shallow cover-combat, never touched it again. (I'm sure it's fun in multiplayer though.) The Order bores me just by looking at it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Only played the first one (and a bit of the 3rd one, I think) for a couple of hours, was bored to tears or the repetitive and shallow cover-combat, never touched it again. (I'm sure it's fun in multiplayer though.) The Order bores me just by looking at it.

Felt the same way.

We're getting old Zabo

Linius

The first Gears of War will always hold a special spot for me. It was the game that persuaded me to get a 360 and also the first shooter I extensively played with friends online. That game was so much fun.

And then came GoW 2 and they fucked up the shotgun and came with smoke grenades that stun and it never was the same again.

I played GoW1 and GoW2 and have no desire to play any of them again. I think both have been superseded shooter mechanics wise by even the likes of RDR and Mass Effect 3.

GoW games have nice graphics for console games but as games they're really basic and haven't moved forwards much since the first game.

That's part of the game though. You have to know when to ADS and when not to. Bit like RE4 in that respect.

Or if it's gears 1 you just stick tape on the screen and roll all over the place with the shotgun.

You can't fire your gun without ADS in RE4....

GQman2121

Banned
Just setup the new PS4. I created a fake FB page back in November when I last had the system for uploading media. But you can save full resolution screenshots and video to a USB drive now, right? Is that what people are doing? I've been out of the current gen loop for a few months.

Hixx

I played GoW1 and GoW2 and have no desire to play any of them again. I think both have been superseded shooter mechanics wise by even the likes of RDR and Mass Effect 3.

GoW games have nice graphics for console games but as games they're really basic and haven't moved forwards much since the first game.

You can't fire your gun without ADS in RE4....

ibiwJhJ3EBVtBJ.gif

I love both of those games but WAT

Linius

No horse, no way that RDR had better shooting mechanics than Gears. I mean RDR was great, but as a shooter Gears is the better game.

ibiwJhJ3EBVtBJ.gif

I love both of those games but WAT

No horse, no way that RDR had better shooting mechanics than Gears. I mean RDR was great, but as a shooter Gears is the better game.

More dynamic firefight scenarios, player has more varied skills to encounter those scenarios, more varied enemies (in ME3's case), considerably better hit mechanics for both games especially RDR, less hit spongy enemies/less feeling like your gun is a fucking pea-shooter.

And that's without going into detail.

LTWheels

Gears was always the best feeling Third person game to me. The only one that controlled just as good was Tomb Raider.

I felt that ME3 combat felt clunkier.

Hixx

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED ZABO HATES GEARS

Zabo I hate you so much

so much

you make me want to cry

i have never felt hate like this before

not even for osama bin laden or alan shearer

i cant handle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom