• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why not just get Fellaini? Or are Utd fans assuming that it'll be both Fellaini and Herrara?

Herrera is a totally different type of player.

I don't know if we are trying to get both, it seems we bid for both last night.

Moyes said he wanted two midfielders, whether these are the two we are going to fork out £50m+ for...I'd be surprised.

I don't get that. Shouldn't you guys have easily as much money as Bayern to throw around (right now)? Herrera is a great talent, could grow into an extraordinary player at United.
As in, the club HAS the money, but isn't willing to spend it, owenership issues etc, so we don't actually have that big a budget.

This is my opinion, I don't know it for a fact.

I don't get that. Shouldn't you guys have easily as much money as Bayern to throw around (right now)? Herrera is a great talent, could grow into an extraordinary player at United.

jxpP1VqbNCqiM.png
and the Glazers.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't even give a shit at this point, can we just pay it? It's not my money. I don't give a fuck. I'd sanction a 30m bid for Karl Henry at this point.

Tough draws for Wigan and Swansea

I don't even give a shit at this point, can we just pay it? It's not my money. I don't give a fuck. I'd sanction a 30m bid for Karl Henry at this point.

Tough draws for Wigan and Swansea

I know it's not our money but like, say we do spend a combined £55m on Fellaini and Herrera...that is going to be the core of our midfield for the next year/two years quite possibly longer. I don't believe we will have another £60m to spend next year and the year after and the year after.

I know it's not our money but like, say we do spend a combined £55m on Fellaini and Herrera...that is going to be the core of our midfield for the next year/two years quite possibly longer. I don't believe we will have another £60m to spend next year and the year after and the year after.

I think we do.

Jack cw

No, but the right man at the right position can make a lot of difference to the way a team plays. 36m is a lot for a player, but if he's specifically chosen to fit into the play style it could easily pay off.

There is a difference when a club wants one player from the begining because they know its the right player and a panic transfer 3 days before the market closes to calm down fans and shareholder expectations after so many missed transfer targets...

Martinez was a fantastic buy but we had a fucking ton of luck that it turned out that way...

It's possible, the commercial deals are kicking in over the next short while so the cashflow is going to go up quite a bit.

Anyway, we aren't competent enough to pull this up or willing to pay an extra £5m and I bet Herrera loves Spain or some shit.

He never wanted to leave anyway. Loves the club. Fellaini likewise.

But why not just get Fellaini? Or are Utd fans assuming that it'll be both Fellaini and Herrara?

Herrera is a more complete midfielder than Fellaini. 36m euros is worth it in this market. First piece of sense I've seen from Woodward and co. this summer, even if it doesn't come off.

Jack cw

Im not really interested in the result tonight, just hope chelsea dont get humiliated like last season.
Dont worry... its going to be worse...
We will have like 80% possession and miss one chance after another and we will concede 2 goals after a corner and Dante passing the ball to Torres.

Suen

lol at the super cup today. Who fucking cares about that shitty game when you have Nocerina - Perugia today. You fools.

Suen

Arse-GAF, I forgot we had Chuba Akpom in our team. We don't need any new signings....Giroud, Sanogo and Akpom.....omg so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom