• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pachimari

How old is Lahm? Is he retiring? So sad seeing such a great football player hanging up the boots. The same can be said about Xabi Alonso. Top class players.

Gambit

We need to rebuild. No Lahm, aging players (Ribery, Robben, Alonso, Rafinha) and a lack of depth (as was evident).

Neuer
- Boateng - Hummels -
Thiago- Vidal
- - -
Lewandowski

I hope Alaba will rebound, but we certainly need some new blood. At least Pep found a way to make Müller & Lewa work well.

spidye

We need to rebuild. No Lahm, aging players (Ribery, Robben, Alonso, Rafinha) and a lack of depth (as was evident).
I fear for our future with people like rummenigge and ancelotti making decisions. It was clear that we needed a greater depth after our problems in 2014 and 2015 but instead we deliberately wanted a smaller squad
Our age average for today was above 30 again. This is unbelievable and infuriating

TimmmV

At least Leicester are out, and the prospect of finishing 4th and getting no CL has been avoided. United taking that space by winning the EL would be more than I could take

Will be supporting the winner of the Monaco - Dortmund game now, and if not them then Atletico, sod the big teams winning it again and again

There's was this cool game and then there was a game the ref shaped. They were not the same. No reason for any "big" club to whine (including bayern) though cause they all take advantage of the system. The video-system can't come soon enough.

So much this.

The amount of money under the table has to be unimaginable, otherwise there's no explanation for not having more technology involved to avoid disgraces like the one in this game.

Syder

I don't want to see Real in the Final unless they can go through Juve tbh, Bayern were really disappointing albeit with some unlucky refereeing and it feels like we've missed out on a really good match up.
Really that ref ruined the game for both teams' fans and everyone else watching wanting entertaining matches.

Atléti need to step up their game now.

LNBL

Let's not go there. Vidal should have been sent out long before. Bayern got a bullshit penalty in the first game and nobody said the ref was bribed. Real get an offside goal and the ref is bribed or intimidated?! It's really 2 big decision for Real (offside+casemiro red) against one for Bayern (penalty). This happens all the time in football.

I'm almost sure 3rd goal for Real wasn't an offside.

It certainly was offside, there can be no doubt about it

LNBL

C9uWCuaXsAEeIzh

C9uVLKXXUAEfFMY

C9uXyPHWAAAEv8w

Mr.NiceGuy

Bein sports referee expert says the red card is deserved, Vidal touched Asensio's feet before clearing the ball, he also says Bayern's second goal is offside.

On the other way, Real's second and third goals were clear as the sun offside goals.

Razgreez

I fear for our future with people like rummenigge and ancelotti making decisions. It was clear that we needed a greater depth after our problems in 2014 and 2015 but instead we deliberately wanted a smaller squad
Our age average for today was above 30 again. This is unbelievable and infuriating

I "feared for our future" with Pep making squad decisions... No I'm lying I just never wanted him as Bayern's manager and knew he was a terrible fit for our post 2013 Squad. The changes he made left the team with massive deficiencies and no clear vision. I would have enjoyed nothing more than to be proven wrong by him but he never failed to meet my (personal) poor expectations. But it is what it is and we can only improve from here.

la_briola

You have to build up players though. Can't just field them every ten matches and expect them to be at a great level.

It really is

Did you saw kimmich last year and this year? He was one of the bet players
Or coman
Or costa

They don't have any match fitness. How can they perform when the coach doesn't trust them.
Everyone of our talents degraded in the last 12 months.

maybe they are shit in training, I don't watch them for obvious reasons.

Wanna post the Lewa offside play right before Ramos own goal too? I'd like to see people's own opinion on that.

For me, even tho Lewa is offside, and Ronaldo is too, it's just two of those decisions (more so in Ronaldo's goal) where it's so close I can't even say anything about it. It's just like 5cm (or 10, 15, you get the idea) or around that, I honestly believe that for example, in Ronaldo's case, there's nothing that changes the fact Ronaldo was there all alone. It's not the 5cm that made the goal possible. Obviously things don't work this way, but if it was like a sizeable gap between the ball and his position... But for 5-10cm, I just honestly think it's fair the goal went up. These "you gotta be behind the ball" offsides when they're a clear cut chance and no one is around the player, if the player is like some 15cm ahead of the ball I don't really mind, in all honesty.

As for the Lewa offside and Ramos own goal, it seems it's being generally accepted it's also offside, but then again, seeing the replay I have to just kinda shrug it off. It's such a small margin.... In this case, it's a bit different then Ronaldo, there are more players around him from Madrid, so him being ahead of the ball might have influenced something, but it's so close I really can't say it bothers me.

For me -

Madrid help:
- Offside Ronaldo 2nd goal
- Casemiro should have been sent off

Bayern Help:
- Penalty in 1st leg did not exist
- Vidal should've been sent off earlier (that does not excuse the fact the ref made a mistake again when he sent him off for a clear tackle).

I personally have no qualm with:
- Ronaldo microscopic offside in 3rd goal
- Lewa microscopic offside in Ramos' own goal.

All in all, seems to me refs just fucked up as much for either side. Difference is Ronaldo knew how to take advantage of the offside, while Vidal decided to miss the penalty.

Bein sports referee expert says the red card is deserved, Vidal touched Asensio's feet before clearing the ball, he also says Bayern's second goal is offside.

On the other way, Real's second and third goals were clear as the sun offside goals.

That was what I thought too, Vidal hits Madrid player's foot before hitting the ball. But then I don't see the Madrid player having a "I just got hit" reaction, so......

RocknRola

While neither team can complain too much (this could have been all over in the first 30 minutes of the 1st leg with that penalty), we definitely need the damn video refere to be a thing. Glad plenty of FA's are testing and using it already, that should speed up things nicely.

---

On a (somewhat) related note: HOLY HELL, 100 GOALS! I can't believe someone actually reached that mark in the Champions League! And soon enough Messi will join him there too. When you look at the 3rd (and beyond) top scorer(s) in the CL, you instantly realize how utterly insane these numbers are.

Bad refereeing yes. Hardly paying under the table.

Ah I got it, you assumed I'm talking about Real Madrid bribing the referee. I don't know if that was the case, but you (I mean you as in general) have to be super naive to not realize there is a huge corruption when it comes to referee's performances and that obviously involves money, a lot of it.

It's not because this game. This is the last example of a hard to believe referee being biased as hell. It also happens in each league, where the biggest teams get all the benefits.

What's the excuse for not having a video-system already implemented? FIFA would start in all these big tournaments and once it's refined, make it mandatory for each league. But it's pretty clear to me they are happy with the status quo, for obvious reasons.

Regards.

Ah I got it, you assumed I'm talking about Real Madrid bribing the referee. I don't know if that was the case, but you (I mean you as in general) have to be super naive to not realize there is a huge corruption when it comes to referee's performances and that obviously involves money, a lot of it.

It's not because this game. This is the last example of a hard to believe referee being biased as hell. It also happens in each league, where the biggest teams get all the benefits.

What's the excuse for not having a video-system already implemented? FIFA would start in all these big tournaments and once it's refined, make it mandatory for each league. But it's pretty clear to me they are happy with the status quo, for obvious reasons.

Regards.

Yep, completely true

Razgreez

The commentary team from the channel I'm watching includes John Barnes and Sammy Kuffour (an amusing and rather animated bunch especially Sammy) who were discussing where and when video reviews should be allowed regarding offsides since a running offside Vs a goal offside is not the same in that play has already been unnecessarily stopped and cannot continue from where it stopped in the former.

Something i find really strange since they can simply leave all such offsides up to the video reviewers i.e. stop play only once the offside is confirmed not at the very moment it is presumed to have occurred especially if it ultimately leads to a goal. They do it in rugby and have done so for many years. The cost would at most be a few seconds.

There really is not a single case to be presented where video reviews will unnecessarily affect the spectacle/flow of a match.

cebri.one

Madrid has robbed the Spanish Liga too. With several referees that helped them in a gross way while Barcelona, hard to believe it, got robbed many matches.

I mean this goal wasn't given, that would have allowed Barcelona to win at Seville.

Devil

No team was intentionally prefered by the ref, period.

The ref was just fucking shit and the mlst decisive man on the pitch which is a shame for an otherwise incredible tie.

There is also no such thing as one ref mistake making good on another mistake he did earlier for the other side. You cannot just count them together, do the math and say "well then it's ok". It isn't. Both matches were heavily influenced by ref mistakes and could have went completely different if we had video refs. Just imagine Vidal scoring on that fake penalty. Or Ronaldos decisive goal not counting. Both would have therefore been compmetely different matches, neither of those mistakes would have negated the other.

It doesn't work this way. We need a video ref asap.

Fdkn

Vidal played 30 more minutes than he deserved so he should stfu

Also 1-2 was offside

No team was intentionally prefered by the ref, period.

The ref was just fucking shit and the mlst decisive man on the pitch which is a shame for an otherwise incredible tie.

There is also no such thing as one ref mistake making good on another mistake he did earlier for the other side. You cannot just count them together, do the math and say "well then it's ok". It isn't. Both matches were heavily influenced by ref mistakes and could have went completely different if we had video refs. Just imagine Vidal scoring on that fake penalty. Or Ronaldos decisive goal not counting. Both would have therefore been compmetely different matches, neither of those mistakes would have negated the other.

It doesn't work this way. We need a video ref asap.

This.

bud23

Madrid has robbed the Spanish Liga too. With several referees that helped them in a gross way while Barcelona, hard to believe it, got robbed many matches.

I mean this goal wasn't given, that would have allowed Barcelona to win at Seville.

Delicious salty tears

I can´t get enough

GIVE ME MORE

Syder

Butwhy?.Gif cause he isn't Pep?
I think Ancelotti thought he could walk the Bundesliga (they have) and depend on Bayern's old dudes to nab a Champions League without developing the younger players.

How far have Coman, Kimmich, Sanches, etc. improved in the last 9 months? What are Bayern going to do without Lahm and Alonso? What the fuck has happened to Müller?

casiopao

Considering Serie A had already uses VAR and we still see those controversies complain, i can't see VAR being any better lol.O_O For the hardcore fans as long as the decision does not help them, it would not be pleasing for them.

Also, i am afraid for Juve today lol.O_O Hope we won't flop badly here.T_T

Pachimari

Regards.

Yep, completely true

I'm laughing my fucking ass off here. This is comedy gold for the week.

Top Bottom