• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pachimari

Some very interesting reports are coming up, and I expect them the media to talk alot about Dani Ceballos. There's already been rumors of Arsenal and Atletico wanting to sign him, but Real Betis president has already denied it.

But if we look back to 2015, we already tried signing him back then, but he wanted to stay put in Betis. So it comes as no surprise that we're interested in him. Especially now that we all know James Rodriguez is on his way out.

Dani Ceballos would be the perfect signing, as he is a two-way midfielder, he has a good dribble, holds the ball well, and has a better stat in winning back the ball compared to Casemiro. In fact, he's very versatile and can play in the midfield, as an attacking midfielder and on the left.

Not only that, he already have chemistry with our young talents in Jesus Vallejo, Carvajal, Morata, Asensio and Nacho, as they played together on the U-17 Spanish team a few years back. It can be argued, that there won't be much room if we also bring back Marcos Llorente this Summer but if not, this is the guy we should replace James with.

m4RIQo8.png

I would like all of Theo Hernandez, Dani Ceballos, Jesus Vallejo, maybe Marcos Llorente and a goalkeeper to join this summer. We don't need any big names particularly. We need to add to our young core of talents in the team and build upon it.

RocknRola

Some very interesting reports are coming up, and I expect them the media to talk alot about Dani Ceballos. There's already been rumors of Arsenal and Atletico wanting to sign him, but Real Betis president has already denied it.

But if we look back to 2015, we already tried signing him back then, but he wanted to stay put in Betis. So it comes as no surprise that we're interested in him. Especially now that we all know James Rodriguez is on his way out.

Dani Ceballos would be the perfect signing, as he is a two-way midfielder, he has a good dribble, holds the ball well, and has a better stat in winning back the ball compared to Casemiro. In fact, he's very versatile and can play in the midfield, as an attacking midfielder and on the left.

Not only that, he already have chemistry with our young talents in Jesus Vallejo, Carvajal, Morata, Asensio and Nacho, as they played together on the U-17 Spanish team a few years back. It can be argued, that there won't be much room if we also bring back Marcos Llorente this Summer but if not, this is the guy we should replace James with.

I would like all of Theo Hernandez, Dani Ceballos, Jesus Vallejo, maybe Marcos Llorente and a goalkeeper to join this summer. We don't need any big names particularly. We need to add to our young core of talents in the team and build upon it.

Damn, how many A teams does RM need? XD Do they intended to send an extra team to compete here in the Portuguese League as well? :p

Pachimari

Damn, how many A teams does RM need? XD Do they intended to send an extra team to compete here in the Portuguese League as well? :p

What do you mean with how many A teams we need to have? We got one A team like any other team. I could understand you would say that, if I was talking about us getting a star player, but that's exactly what we're not doing. We are looking at young Spanish talents instead, and I love that.

Five players will leave: Keylor Navas, Pepe, James, Coentrao and Mariano; and I hope Mariano goes to Malaga and continues developing himself.

RocknRola

What do you mean with how many A teams we need to have? We got one A team like any other team. I could understand you would say that, if I was talking about us getting a star player, but that's exactly what we're not doing. We are looking at young Spanish talents instead, and I love that.

I mean, but RM right now can basically form two top quality 11's with their current squad :p If they keep on getting more players you'll soon be able to form 3 hehe

Pachimari

I mean, but RM right now can basically form two top quality 11's with their current squad :p If they keep on getting more players you'll soon be able to form 3 hehe

Well, we don't have any more than any other team really. We have some good talents in the squad, but that's how the whole thing is built up. Combining some high quality stars like Cristiano, Bale and Benzema and mixing in young Spanish talents. We have good depth which we hadn't had for a while and it's good to see. That said, we have 25 players, like any other team. We have young talents, so does United, Atletico, Milan etc.

What we need to do this Summer, is to keep this depth, and not lose or gain too much. What I love is, that we aren't going after established stars like Hazard, and instead look at talents across Spain.

But I know what you're talking about. There's huge talent invested in our squad at the moment. :)

RocknRola

Well, we don't have any more than any other team really. We have some good talents in the squad, but that's how the whole thing is built up. Combining some high quality stars like Cristiano, Bale and Benzema and mixing in young Spanish talents. We have good depth which we hadn't had for a while and it's good to see. That said, we have 25 players, like any other team. We have young talents, so does United, Atletico, Milan etc.

What we need to do this Summer, is to keep this depth, and not lose or gain too much. What I love is, that we aren't going after established stars like Hazard, and instead look at talents across Spain.

It was more of joke on how RM seems to keep on getting quality players these days and to good effect :p I mean their bench is as strong as it gets (and won quite some important matches in the league!). Their bench can easily be considered an "A" team of it's own right, despite their age they are all quality players.

Pachimari

It was more of joke on how RM seems to keep on getting quality players these days and to good effect :p I mean their bench is as strong as it gets (and won quite some important matches in the league!).

Yup. I do hope that these talents gets the minutes they need as well. If they don't get it here in Real Madrid, I want them to find another club. If Morata doesn't get more minutes next season, then I hope Manchester United, Chelsea or another club comes knocking on our door. :)

Jarnet87

I don't buy it.

Zizou wants Morata to stay. I only see him leave if we bring in another striker.

Benzema is forever, you're stuck with him.

Bernardo Silva in Manchester looks likely to Join City.

If United had the first option clause (as rumored) I'm guessing Mou passed on him (or he passed on us), he probably fits Pep's style better. Maybe United will get Fabinho since everyone was reporting Silva to United and Fabinho to City lol.

RocknRola

Benzema is here to stay yes. But if we bring in another striker like Mbappe (I hope not), then Morata will have to leave.

I think even if RM buy Mbappe this Summer, it's for the best for him to stay at Monaco at least 1 more season. Much like Morata, right now he'd get benched most of the season but at Monaco he'll likely always be on the starting 11 which is essential for his development!

Portuguese newspapers are reporting Jorge Jesus (former Benfica coach, current Sporting coach) is negotiating with PSG!

http://www.jn.pt/desporto/interior/jorge-jesus-negoceia-saida-para-o-psg-8509053.html (In Portuguese)

In short that says that PSG is willing to pay the 15€ million clause he has and apparently he is actively considering the move. So who knows, maybe PSG will get a new coach this season too!
this is hilarious

PSG thinks that the Jesus can do for them what Jardim did for Monaco...

Morgan Freeman "goodluck" gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bernardo Silva in City apparently, for either 50 or 60mill

edit: and im late

DBT85

Since United were rumoured to get B. Silva, and now he's going to a rival, let me be the first to say, he's shit anyway, overrated, overpriced, his dad is a poo didn't want him anyway etc etc.

Boo this

casiopao

Watching all other team like RM focusing on getting Striker or MF makes me laugh myself where Juventus is till looking for moar CB lol.O_O

Watching all other team like RM focusing on getting Striker or MF makes me laugh myself where Juventus is till looking for moar CB lol.O_O

Your going to need to because City, Chelsea and RM want Bonucci he isn't going to be easy to replace of he does leave. I'm more interested in the CL final being over just to see what happens with him than I am watching the game.

casiopao

Your going to need to because City, Chelsea and RM want Bonucci he isn't going to be easy to replace of he does leave. I'm more interested in the CL final being over just to see what happens with him than I am watching the game.

I never heard RM chasing Bonucci actually lol. But recently, Bon Bon is coming out more with his Matteo son and it seems he is going to stay in Juventus for quite long there as both of his sons seems to wanted to stay in Turin for the current time.^^

T-Rex.

Banned
I'm not sure how you can say that with a straight face tbh.
Don't think it's that outrageous a statement. Obviously we'll have a clearer picture once the summer window closes, but from all the leaks/reports etc it looks like all of the clubs are after some top class players that are going to massively improve the quality of the teams.

Pachimari

Real Madrid is not going for Bonucci. Such reports are bullshit.

We are packed in defense with Nacho stepping up. Varane being ready for the next step. And Jesus Vallejo ready in the shadow.

There's absolutely no need or interest in Bonucci in Madrid. And we are not looking for a central defender.

Pachimari

I'm really curious as to what we are gonna do with the goalkeeper position this summer. Yeah, Keylor have done very well the last few months but has he done enough to convince the board and management team yet again. I'm not sure. It also seems like we are cooling off on De Gea, and then there's not a whole lot of goalkeepers who can improve on Keylor. If Keylor can stay consistent that is.

We were talking about first choice keepers being dropped before the Europa League final, and I brought up Ospina and Arsenal. Well it seems that tomorrow, despite having a nonexistent defence, Wenger will be starting Ospina ahead of Cech.

Is he just trolling at this point?

Tosyn_88

I'm really curious as to what we are gonna do with the goalkeeper position this summer. Yeah, Keylor have done very well the last few months but has he done enough to convince the board and management team yet again. I'm not sure. It also seems like we are cooling off on De Gea, and then there's not a whole lot of goalkeepers who can improve on Keylor. If Keylor can stay consistent that is.

Already told you before. Madrid will have to break a leg to sign De Gea. He isn't all that fussed so he's not kicking up a stink. His position will be, meet Manchester Uniteds demands and I'm all yours. Manchester will say, we don't need money, we need players, give up two or jog on

We were talking about first choice keepers being dropped before the Europa League final, and I brought up Ospina and Arsenal. Well it seems that tomorrow, despite having a nonexistent defence, Wenger will be starting Ospina ahead of Cech.

Is he just trolling at this point?

Wenger's damned whatever decisions he makes at this point with a certain subsection of fans. Last time he played Chelsea and they got smashed all the gob shite fans were calling Cech a double agent and Wenger a fool for playing him.

Already told you before. Madrid will have to break a leg to sign De Gea. He isn't all that fussed so he's not kicking up a stink. His position will be, meet Manchester Uniteds demands and I'm all yours. Manchester will say, we don't need money, we need players, give up two or jog on

Mou has a bit of a reputation for getting rid of players that don't want to be there. He isn't the sort of manager that will plead with a player to stay and going by recent press conference might be planning ahead. De Gea might be one of the best in the world but the way Mou builds his squads doesn't necessarily require one of the best in the world especially if they are going to be a diva (or their girlfriend is), certainly not with the task he has ahead of him at the moment.

DBT85

Mou has a bit of a reputation for getting rid of players that don't want to be there. He isn't the sort of manager that will plead with a player to stay and going by recent press conference might be planning ahead. De Gea might be one of the best in the world but the way Mou builds his squads doesn't necessarily require one of the best in the world especially if they are going to be a diva (or their girlfriend is), certainly not with the task he has ahead of him at the moment.

Most reports are that De Gea isn't kicking up a fuss at all though unlike so many others when Madrid come knocking. I don't think De Gea has ever actually done anything publicly (or reportedly privately) that you would usually associate with someone angling for a move to Madrid.

Mou seems happy to let players go if they want to go, or stay if they want to stay. He just sets out to them what their part in the team will be and then they choose whether they want to go or not.

Needless to say I hope he stays, he's easily the best in the PL and without doubt top 3 in the world. Not so long ago people were talking about Loris being at that level and just in the last few games he's had some weird brainfart moments.

Needless to say I hope he stays, he's easily the best in the PL and without doubt top 3 in the world. Not so long ago people were talking about Loris being at that level and just in the last few games he's had some weird brainfart moments.

Loris has had a pretty bad season considering how well Spurs have done. But yeah its clear to see why any United fan would want De Gea to stay and seeing as he is 26 is only going to get better.

Pachimari

Quique Setién new Betis coach. Betis should be fun to watch now. Bad news for Las Palmas.
Oh this is bad for Las Palmas welp. Hope they find a competent replacement. I hope to see a fun Las Palmas tea, next season too.

And what's up with Fabinho hitting it big. It's so weird to see. Since he went on loan from our youth system years ago and since then he's been developing well under Monaco. Kudos to him. Will City use him as a midfielder or right back?

A strange silence in here, about yesterday Danish cup finale. What's up bois? What a day it was

10CFKtL.gif

3I7862J.gif

uh6r2O5.gif

YJSueIo.gif

Ocx2eGq.gif

YlUpMr1.jpg

Don't want to discriminate and make it all about Copenhagen, so here's a photo of a Brøndby supporter, one of those being proud of rat throwing, having a good time. Pre match of course, as they rarely have a good time after.

C5k2DEw.png

Top Bottom