• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Beefy

Andreas Christensen would be pissed if Chelsea don't make use of him next season. He said he would only go back to Chelsea if they were going to use him. Poor lad if he gets shipped out.
He would be a instant starter with us though and have a chance of challenging for a Europa place. That and we aren't afraid to sell players on to bigger clubs when their price is high.

Pachimari

He would be a instant starter with us though and have a chance of challenging for a Europa place. That and we aren't afraid to sell players on to bigger clubs when their price is high.
What club are you with?

I would imagine he would look for that next step to something of the quality of a title challenging squad, not that he gets to pick and choose though heh.

Audioboxer

I don't think it is only United lol. Most Premier League team love getting squeeze out of every muney us can lol.^^

Unless Bernardo Silva had a release clause I could see us having paid £60m for him.

Sure, every club in England is getting fleeced. I mean the papers say Everton want £50m for... Barkley. LOL.

United often find a way. I think some of it comes down to Woodward handling transfers. He's just not as good at it as Gill.

Personally, I don't think we should be spending £89m+ on another player a year later, but United gonna United and Griezmann is the target. He's a great player but there's probably other striker talent out there for less. Then again once the Woodward tax gets added I wouldn't want to see us pay £70m for Lukaku if Griezmann could be purchased for £89m.

Still, City paid £50m for John Stones and we paid £30m for Eric Bailly. Stones is a marginally better Smalling/Jones.

How I hope Griezmann stays in Atletico. But it doesn't look likely.

There's still a probability he is angling for a new contract at Atletico. Using Man Utd as a bargaining chip for your own interests is a wise move in recent years. Although, how much have Atletico actually won since Griezmann signed? Given Mourinho, there might be a better chance for Griezmann to pick up some trophies at United. As well as a stupid salary if Atletico cannot match.

Beefy

Great signing. Bags of potential and clearly not a Guardiola player.
Yep! You just need better players around him now. But you have at last got a good striker ha.

---------

Utd have bid €45m for Perisic according to the Italian press.

casiopao

Unless Bernardo Silva had a release clause I could see us having paid £60m for him.

Sure, every club in England is getting fleeced. I mean the papers say Everton want £50m for... Barkley. LOL.

United often find a way. I think some of it comes down to Woodward handling transfers. He's just not as good at it as Gill.

Personally, I don't think we should be spending £89m+ on another player a year later, but United gonna United and Griezmann is the target. He's a great player but there's probably other striker talent out there for less. Then again once the Woodward tax gets added I wouldn't want to see us pay £70m for Lukaku if Griezmann could be purchased for £89m.

Still, City paid £50m for John Stones and we paid £30m for Eric Bailly. Stones is a marginally better Smalling/Jones.

I mean, u guys right now are getting so much money from the TV deal that i feel thats the reason why most of premier clubs don't give a crap on splurging tons of money lol especially MU.

Also, it is probably ur guys hyping madness media lol. John Stones for 50 Mil when he is not even on the level of Rugani is pure madness for me.O_O I am shocked on that transfer actually till now.

Audioboxer

I mean, u guys right now are getting so much money from the TV deal that i feel thats the reason why most of premier clubs don't give a crap on splurging tons of money lol especially MU.

Also, it is probably ur guys hyping madness media lol. John Stones for 50 Mil when he is not even on the level of Rugani is pure madness for me.O_O I am shocked on that transfer actually till now.

Rugani is one of my go-to guys in Football Manager. Romagnoli too (although far harder to sign).

You're right, but I still like a decent deal.

Audioboxer

Is €45m for Perisic decent?

I have to hold my hands up and say I really do not know much about Perišić.

I used to follow Italian football a lot more when I was a bit younger. There was some weekly highlights show broadcasted in the UK at the weekend that was great. Can't remember what it was called now. In recent times I've lost all track of what goes on in Italy, domestically.

Jarnet87

Yep! You just need better players around him now. But you have at last got a good striker ha.

---------

Utd have bid €45m for Perisic according to the Italian press.

Won't be a sexy signing for most United supporters especially at the rumored price but United need a winger. I have only seen him play for Croatia and thought he played well in recent tournaments. In Mou we trust.

Beefy

I have to hold my hands up and say I really do not know much about Perišić.
Italian press saying it is all but done.

Won't be a sexy signing for most United supporters especially at the rumored price but United need a winger. I have only seen him play for Croatia and thought he played well in recent tournaments. In Mou we trust.

He is inconsistent as hell is the problem. We played against Inter in the Europa last season. He was brilliant in one game , but couldn't be assed in the other match.

TimmmV

My issue with City and a Chelsea splashing cash wasn't the amounts they were splashing. Just where it came from. We got lumbered with a parasitic leprechaun while they both got bought by stupidly rich oil folk. I wish we could have gotten someone like that lol.

Meh, fans of the historically 'big' clubs can only really have themselves to blame for Chelsea and City existing, they were spending way more money then the rest and basically created the environment where a sugar daddy was necessary to break that apart

Its annoying to have more competition for sure - Liverpool have probably missed out most from City and Chelsea getting good (and from getting shit owners), but we were basically doing the same before those other teams came along.

casiopao

Rugani is one of my go-to guys in Football Manager. Romagnoli too (although far harder to sign).

You're right, but I still like a decent deal.

I think it is the biggest problem of Premier League being so offensive/ physical and being defender is not really rated highly there.

In Juventus, Defender is our backbone. We build from Back to the front. Thats is what Juventus is and why we always love to see our BBC playing.^^

Us recently just took Orsolini and wanted to also get De Sciglio which is also more defensive oriented so our future is bright.^^

Edit: We also just signed Mattia Caldara a few months early which is one of the hottest defender prospect in Italy for 15 mil. So our backline is always being prepared the moment we need BBC replacement.^^

Jarnet87

So the question we must ask now is, how many goals will Arsenal concede today? 4? 5? 6?

Arsene will have told the boys that this will be last game and they will give everything they have. They will win and Arsene will give that silly smirk and say boys you've given me the energy for another 2 seasons.

At least 2 goals conceded, more like 3.

Audioboxer

I think it is the biggest problem of Premier League being so offensive/ physical and being defender is not really rated highly there.

In Juventus, Defender is our backbone. We build from Back to the front. Thats is what Juventus is and why we always love to see our BBC playing.^^

Us recently just took Orsolini and wanted to also get De Sciglio which is also more defensive oriented so our future is bright.^^

It can be, Ferdinand and Vidic were brick walls. It's just a position that is hard to fill as a lot of real defensive talent comes from Europe and many are already at big clubs. English defensive talent is such a mixed bag. Soo many overrated defenders and others who just aren't up to the task.

Also, it seems like Perišić is a left winger so Martial in trouble. He's 28 so it's not like Mourinho is signing young talent. Then again, Mourinho likes to go with experience. Still, we desperately need pace in attack when we only play with one striker.

edit: Celtic win the Scottish Cup Final and remain unbeaten for the whole season. The "quality" of opposition in the SPL everyone.

casiopao

It can be, Ferdinand and Vidic were brick walls. It's just a position that is hard to fill as a lot of real defensive talent comes from Europe and many are already at big clubs. English defensive talent is such a mixed bag. Soo many overrated defenders and others who just aren't up to the task.

Also, it seems like Perišić is a left winger so Martial in trouble. He's 28 so it's not like Mourinho is signing young talent. Then again, Mourinho likes to go with experience. Still, we desperately need pace in attack when we only play with one striker.

edit: Celtic win the Scottish Cup Final and remain unbeaten for the whole season. The "quality" of opposition in the SPL everyone.

I think it also comes from the fact that every pundit if not most that i heard talking about PL rarely if ever talked about defensive contribution except during blunder moment.

That alone will surely scare away many young players in England into wanting to become a proper defender as there are no glory behind that position in PL.

While in Italy which heavily focus on tactical factors, defenders is highly regarded.(Even though nowadays it is not as loved as before anymore as we see how Napoli and Roma simply focus on offensive football and lacking on behind.T_T)

Well, at least MU had tons of muney there so i don't see any problemo on u guys using muney to get more players into ur team.^^

Syder

If Arsenal make it out of this without getting smashed to pieces I think they can count themselves lucky. I know they've had an uptick in form recently but lacking Koscielny and the general average quality compared to Chelsea, who have shown they couldn't be further away from the beach, and I'm just expecting Wenger's boys to get obliterated by Conte's men.

Wenger_Knows_Best.png

Mertesacker in his first start of the season and no defenders on the bench? Look for him to pull up lame in the first 15 minutes.

I'm an Arsenal supporter but I have a feeling this could be ugly.

I've always disliked the aspect of the offside rule that means that a player who's obviously offside and influencing the decision-making of the defense/keeper isn't considered offside.

But I'll take it.

Top Bottom