• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

RocknRola

A strange silence in here, about yesterday Danish cup finale. What's up bois? What a day it was

Don't want to discriminate and make it all about Copenhagen, so here's a photo of a Brøndby supporter, one of those being proud of rat throwing, having a good time. Pre match of course, as they rarely have a good time after.

Don't worry, Copenhagen always plays Brøndby's part in Europe :v

I kid, I kid :p

Or do I? >.>

Zasa

Silva to City done,£43m and a 5yr deal,they also want Mendy. Monaco are dead.
Man, this is pretty disappointing tbh as I was really looking forward to watching them in the CL again. Easily the most entertaining attack this season alongside Napoli. Team's getting completely ravaged. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to RB.

At least both teams have money & are capable of coming back from major sells.

Tosyn_88

Man, this is pretty disappointing tbh as I was really looking forward to watching them in the CL again. Easily the most entertaining attack this season alongside Napoli. Team's getting completely ravaged. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to RB.

At least both teams have money & are capable of coming back from major sells.

See all these hypocritical haters will keep quiet because it's city. Let United begin to spend and you will see salt begin to flow

DBT85

See all these hypocritical haters will keep quiet because it's city. Let United begin to spend and you will see salt begin to flow

Meh I don't mind. It's funny. A lot more people hate United than hate City, something that would be very different had City dominated like United did.

Elchele

RB Leipzig doesn't need to sell. That's the difference. They want success and exposure more than they want transfer money.
And this is the natural evolution of things in football. Players go to bigger clubs, and the original club gets money in exchange to keep investing in youth.

Zasa

RB Leipzig doesn't need to sell. That's the difference. They want success and exposure more than they want transfer money.
And this is the natural evolution of things in football. Players go to bigger clubs, and the original club gets money in exchange to keep investing in youth.

Of course it's natural, & the great thing about both Monaco & RB is that they fully embrace their youth players. I'm sure both teams already have young replacements lined up as well.

But the possibility of not seeing these specific crop of players together (assuming RB sell Keita & others as well) for CL football & another entertaining title winning/contending season would be a shame.

Elchele

Of course it's natural, & the great thing about both Monaco & RB is that they fully embrace their youth players. I'm sure both teams already have young replacements lined up as well.

But the possibility of not seeing these specific crop of players together (assuming RB sell Keita & others as well) for CL football & another entertaining title winning/contending season would be a shame.

RB won't sell. They are very well managed club in terms of administration. They have all their important players in long term contracts, and they are playing CL next season. No need to sell and players must be pretty happy at the club given their age and the huge amount of success and playing time they are getting.

Zasa

RB won't sell. They are very well managed club in terms of administration. They have all their important players in long term contracts, and they are playing CL next season. No need to sell and players must be pretty happy at the club given their age and the huge amount of success and playing time they are getting.
Hope you're right then, Keita's really the only one I'm worried about though more than anything considering how heavily he is being linked with Liverpool right now.

casiopao

Most reports are that De Gea isn't kicking up a fuss at all though unlike so many others when Madrid come knocking. I don't think De Gea has ever actually done anything publicly (or reportedly privately) that you would usually associate with someone angling for a move to Madrid.

Mou seems happy to let players go if they want to go, or stay if they want to stay. He just sets out to them what their part in the team will be and then they choose whether they want to go or not.

Needless to say I hope he stays, he's easily the best in the PL and without doubt top 3 in the world. Not so long ago people were talking about Loris being at that level and just in the last few games he's had some weird brainfart moments.

All keeper will had their brainfart moments though lol.

Even Buffon or Neuer there.>&#9633;<

OMG a casiopao post without ^^

I need to expand my emoji spam lol. •_•/

Syder

Slick new kit. Slick signing.

DAxpEZmXYAAMCRs.jpg

Oh this is bad for Las Palmas welp. Hope they find a competent replacement. I hope to see a fun Las Palmas tea, next season too.

Supposedly Helguera, the technical director, wants to hire Roberto De Zerbi whose only first division experience was managing Palermo for a few months. Seems like a big step down from Setien.

Sciel

Looks like Pep is well on course to building his dream team of 11 attacking midfielders!

Jokes aside, I think he'll be a really good signing for City. It does put up the question of balance, since City have so many players in attacking positions now. That said, I fully expect Pep to still go out and sign a few more attackers (I mean why the hell not lol)

They've got a terrible back-line and GK though which they'll probably address by spending very heavily in the summer.

Ah it truly is Transfer Muppet season now! That's inevitable isn't it? There are just that many more people who hate Man Utd than other clubs.

I mean you've got certain clubs spending upwards of 40 million euros on a 16 y/o who has played less than 20 minutes of professional football. Yet, you rarely see anyone batting an eyelid about it.

Anyways! As for my own club, I fully expect Mourinho to bring in five players this transfer window. My personal muppet list is as follows:

In:
Morata (Zlatan is done for half of next season if we keep him)
Griezmann (Why not?)
Fabinho (CM starter/RB cover. I honestly think Valencia is one of the best RBs in the league only by default since there is a lack of quality in this position. Valencia's main asset is his athleticism and he is average is almost everything else)
Keane (To replace Smalling and keep up the English/Homegrown quota)
Mendy (If only Shaw wasn't injured for 3/4s of every season..)

Out:
Rooney (Legend but has been awful for 3-4 seasons now)
Smalling (Yeah...)

I wish I could add Lingard to the Out list but that's not going to happen is it :/ ? As for De Gea, I think he's staying but won't be too fussed even if he leaves really as long as we get our asking price for him.

That's probably &#8364;250m or so and I fully expect the relevant parties to come out and question the spending of english teams if and when it happens (lol). You know.. "the spending is out of control, ruining the game, etc

Pachimari

A strange silence in here, about yesterday Danish cup finale. What's up bois? What a day it was.

Because the wrong team won...

Supposedly Helguera, the technical director, wants to hire Roberto De Zerbi whose only first division experience was managing Palermo for a few months. Seems like a big step down from Setien.

Who knows. It's gonna be interesting seeing how they'll fare come next!

DBT85

Looks like Pep is well on course to building his dream team of 11 attacking midfielders!

Jokes aside, I think he'll be a really good signing for City. It does put up the question of balance, since City have so many players in attacking positions now. That said, I fully expect Pep to still go out and sign a few more attackers (I mean why the hell not lol)

They've got a terrible back-line and GK though which they'll probably address by spending very heavily in the summer.

Ah it truly is Transfer Muppet season now! That's inevitable isn't it? There are just that many more people who hate Man Utd than other clubs.

I mean you've got certain clubs spending upwards of 40 million euros on a 16 y/o who has played less than 20 minutes of professional football. Yet, you rarely see anyone batting an eyelid about it.

Anyways! As for my own club, I fully expect Mourinho to bring in five players this transfer window. My personal muppet list is as follows:

In:
Morata (Zlatan is done for half of next season if we keep him)
Griezmann (Why not?)
Fabinho (CM starter/RB cover. I honestly think Valencia is one of the best RBs in the league only by default since there is a lack of quality in this position. Valencia's main asset is his athleticism and he is average is almost everything else)
Keane (To replace Smalling and keep up the English/Homegrown quota)
Mendy (If only Shaw wasn't injured for 3/4s of every season..)

Out:
Rooney (Legend but has been awful for 3-4 seasons now)
Smalling (Yeah...)

I wish I could add Lingard to the Out list but that's not going to happen is it :/ ? As for De Gea, I think he's staying but won't be too fussed even if he leaves really as long as we get our asking price for him.

That's probably €250m or so and I fully expect the relevant parties to come out and question the spending of english teams if and when it happens (lol). You know.. "the spending is out of control, ruining the game, etc

Rumours were floating around yesterday that City were going for both Mendy and Fabinho so hold on to your butts.

Also, check out Evras instagram video about him playing in Carricks testimonial lol. Man is bonkers and still in love with United.

Sciel

Rumours were floating around yesterday that City were going for both Mendy and Fabinho so hold on to your butts.

Also, check out Evras instagram video about him playing in Carricks testimonial lol. Man is bonkers and still in love with United.
I'm aware of the those links. I'm just a wee bit optimistic since I don't think the transfers are set in stone just yet, If they were then we would have seen them announced together with Silva yesterday

And Yes, Uncle Pat is a legend.

I really think Marco Silva is making an error going to Watford. Southampton - if an option, would be a much better choice and even Palace as well

Beefy

Everyone will talk about how improved City's back line may be until they see Pep throw out Mendy and Fabinho as a CB pairing.
They want Van Dijk sadly &#128532; or Laporte.

Their team is going to be dope, I can them spending £150m+ on defenders.

Beefy

SkyKaveh
Sky in Italy: Real Madrid forward Alvaro Morata has turned down Manchester United because he wants to join AC Milan. Will cost €60m

Sorry Utd fans

Pachimari

Milan can fuck right off my lawn too.

That said, I think every madridista knows that Morata's future is not with us sadly.

Hey Mbappe! You see your friends aborting ship? Jump to ours this summer and we'll guarantee nice weather, tremendous pay and awesome pals to play with!

Beefy

Milan can fuck right off my lawn too.

That said, I think every madridista knows that Morata's future is not with us sadly.

Hey Mbappe! You see your friends aborting ship? Jump to ours this summer and we'll guarantee nice weather, tremendous pay and awesome pals to play with!

Or just City where all your friends are &#128514;

Tosyn_88

SkyKaveh
Sky in Italy: Real Madrid forward Alvaro Morata has turned down Manchester United because he wants to join AC Milan. Will cost €60m

Sorry Utd fans

It jus means that the likelihood of us having any sort of deal diminishes which is actually good for us because I'd rather keep de gea than swap him for whomever they offer. It's very difficult to replace goalkeepers as we know from experience of replacing van den sar.

It's also understandable that Morata wants Italy because his lady is actually Italian. There was interview where he said how entwined their lives are and that she was the one that made him happy again after initially struggling to settle in Italy.

Tosyn_88

Milan spending a lot of money this summer trying to rebuild, hasn't worked for Inter though since new ownership

It depends on how the spending is organised. Look at Chelsea and City. In the first years of thier spending, it didn't work immediately but after a while, things began to work. It's all about the strategy within the spending. Chelsea had the benefit of Ranieri who already built something decent, so the spending just made additions which raised them up and also Jose Mourinho. City didn't have the same path because they struggled to build a spine until dejong and kompany.

Audioboxer

All United's eggs are pretty much in the Griezmann basket. If he uses us to get a new contract or ultimately tells us to bolt we'll be left flapping. I'd say we'd be buying him to be a striker. Money is no issue, United will easily meet that buyout clause. It's wages and if there is actually a desire to move to United that will cause this to no doubt go on for weeks/month(s).

All the young talent in Europe will be spread around Spain/Italy/Germany, and any that do come to England will probably go for Chelsea/Man City. Man Utd are ultimately chasing one player right now. I hope it gets settled soon either way and if it's a goose chase Mourinho should move on quickly.

When asked how likely it was that the Griezmann transfer would happen, Mourinho replied that it was now in Woodward's hands, having passed over his list of targets some months ago.

"I have no idea. You have to ask Ed Woodward," Mourinho told Sky Sports News HQ. "He knows since March, who I want, what I want, how much I want.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ited-in-ed-woodwards-hands-says-jose-mourinho

It's big Ed in charge again, so either an embarrassment for the club or us getting milked of every single £ possible.

It's like Noel Gallagher said a few years ago: "Slagging City for spending money for years and as soon as the big bad wolf(Fergie) is out the door it's raining tenners."

DBT85

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ited-in-ed-woodwards-hands-says-jose-mourinho

It's big Ed in charge again, so either an embarrassment for the club or us getting milked of every single £ possible.

Meh he did ok last year. Pogba was going to be expensive for anyone.

Doesn't help that the muppetry just goes on and on about things we know nothing about and latches on to every rumor in the press. We're supposed to have James, Griezmann, Silva and Fabinho by now lol.

It's like Noel Gallagher said a few years ago: "Slagging City for spending money for years and as soon as the big bad wolf(Fergie) is out the door it's raining tenners."

My issue with City and a Chelsea splashing cash wasn't the amounts they were splashing. Just where it came from. We got lumbered with a parasitic leprechaun while they both got bought by stupidly rich oil folk. I wish we could have gotten someone like that lol.

Tosyn_88

All United's eggs are pretty much in the Griezmann basket. If he uses us to get a new contract or ultimately tells us to bolt we'll be left flapping. I'd say we'd be buying him to be a striker. Money is no issue, United will easily meet that buyout clause. It's wages and if there is actually a desire to move to United that will cause this to no doubt go on for weeks/month(s).

All the young talent in Europe will be spread around Spain/Italy/Germany, and any that do come to England will probably go for Chelsea/Man City. Man Utd are ultimately chasing one player right now. I hope it gets settled soon either way and if it's a goose chase Mourinho should move on quickly.

I think it's already known since LVG that we operate this way. The manager specifies what he wants, ed Woodward goes out to get it. If it's necessary, Jose will call said player to convince him to join. It's why I won't be surprised if we approach Neymar. I know people will disbelief such happening but there's a combination of reasons why it can happen.

Neymar has been having issues with regards to financial fraud since his transfer. Barcelona are having issues sustaining MSN and with a whooping £170M buyout clause attached to his current deal, it would tick all the boxes to solve the issues.

casiopao

I'm aware of the those links. I'm just a wee bit optimistic since I don't think the transfers are set in stone just yet, If they were then we would have seen them announced together with Silva yesterday

And Yes, Uncle Pat is a legend.

Pat maybe a legend but he already pass his prime. His biggest blunder cost Juventus vs Bayern there.T_T

SkyKaveh
Sky in Italy: Real Madrid forward Alvaro Morata has turned down Manchester United because he wants to join AC Milan. Will cost &#8364;60m

Sorry Utd fans

Heh. Milan is going spend tons of money this summer and yet, the club is currently facing so much uncertainties with their financial owner lol. Milanista can only hope that they won't blunder as bad as their little blue brother there lol.

The fall from grace from both the Milan clubs is quite something.

Karma is such a bitch.^^

Audioboxer

Meh he did ok last year. Pogba was going to be expensive for anyone.

Doesn't help that the muppetry just goes on and on about things we know nothing about and latches on to every rumor in the press. We're supposed to have James, Griezmann, Silva and Fabinho by now lol.

My issue with City and a Chelsea splashing cash wasn't the amounts they were splashing. Just where it came from. We got lumbered with a parasitic leprechaun while they both got bought by stupidly rich oil folk. I wish we could have gotten someone like that lol.

The press do not help, but I'm just not in the mood for another transfer window circus. Mourinho did do quite well his first time around, but I'm always wary when I hear it's all in Woodward's court.

Even although they have the oil money, United always seem to find a way to get fleeced the most!

I think it's already known since LVG that we operate this way. The manager specifies what he wants, ed Woodward goes out to get it. If it's necessary, Jose will call said player to convince him to join. It's why I won't be surprised if we approach Neymar. I know people will disbelief such happening but there's a combination of reasons why it can happen.

Neymar has been having issues with regards to financial fraud since his transfer. Barcelona are having issues sustaining MSN and with a whooping £170M buyout clause attached to his current deal, it would tick all the boxes to solve the issues.

Dude, Neymar is NOT joining Man Utd. That's more of a transfer circus than Ramos joining United and that was BAD.

casiopao

The press do not help, but I'm just not in the mood for another transfer window circus. Mourinho did do quite well his first time around, but I'm always wary when I hear it's all in Woodward's court.

Even although they have the oil money, United always seem to find a way to get fleeced the most!

I don't think it is only United lol. Most Premier League team love getting squeeze out of every muney us can lol.^^

Pachimari

Okay.. you sir, is on a high horse right now.

Pachimari

Andreas Christensen would be pissed if Chelsea don't make use of him next season. He said he would only go back to Chelsea if they were going to use him. Poor lad if he gets shipped out.

Top Bottom