• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Pete's sake, is COD : Ghosts coming to WiiU or not?

Goodlife

Off TV play for when you want to sit back and relax on the sofa just messing.

Wii-Mote IR pointer for when the shit gets serious.

Perfect

So, about these pointer controls (which I love), did anyone manage to make a good FPS with good controls? I stayed away from Wii FPS apart from Metroid Prime 3 because I assumed the controls would be half-assed if made by any other company than Nintendo. Was I right?

No.

Pretty much all the CoD games, the Conduit games, GoldenEye.

Raist

Banned
How well did Blops II sell on Wii U? I'm assuming it did okay since it's the biggest gaming franchise right now (or at least among the biggest), but did it do enough to warrant Ghosts? I see this question come up a lot, but I never see anyone actually talking about Blops II sales.

How was Blops II Wii U multi anyway? Ghost town? Okay?

It bombed very hard. No clear numbers, but it sold less than 150k LTD in the US for sure.
Consequently, there were a bunch of reports that the MP was a barren wasteland.

It bombed very hard. So clear numbers, but it sold less than 150k LTD in the US for sure.
Consequently, there were a bunch of reports that the MP was a barren wasteland.

so Ghost to Wii U is likely a waste of time. They have 5 other platforms to work on too.

Darmik

I think COD is in a weird situation with the WiiU. Most people are going to buy it on the platform their friends have, It's just that kind of game. I think this is going to have the same problem on the PS4 and Xbox One too, unless every single member of your friend group is buying the Xbox One or PS4 for release.

I think it's going to primarily be a current gen seller for the next couple of years at least.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'd like to see Ghosts hit the U. I have Blops 2 for PS3, but double dipped and grabbed the U version for $20 via the current Best Buy sale.

There seems to be a dedicated online community, but more importantly I'm finally discovering how awesome the Wiimote/nunchuk combo can be! Really having fun with it, not to mention I was able to play a few rounds of online TDM while making dinner yesterday thanks to off screen play.

I wouldn't expect the U version to outsell any other version, but if they're going to release it, it should be day and date with everyone else.

Exile20

This is the story of every COD released on Nintendo Consoles:

#1. No word of the game existing until day of release
#2. No screenshots until day of release
#3. Late ports
#4. No DLC

Why would people buy the Wii U version if from history this happens and so far #1 is happening.

Rashid

Banned
You can sell the Wii U version back to GameStop after you're inevitably done with it. Especially considering how annualized this franchise is, there's not much point in keeping it forever.

I still have MW2/3 and BO1, and still hop on them occasionally and they have still have a player base. Over a hundred thousand on MW3, tens of thousands on BO1, and thousands on MW2. That's going to be very different on Wii u.

EDarkness

Didn't Iwata say at some point recently that he couldn't understand why some companies weren't announcing Wii U versions of their games even though they have them in the works? I just never understand these guys.

prag16

Banned
I still have MW2/3 and BO1, and still hop on them occasionally and they have still have a player base. Over a hundred thousand on MW3, tens of thousands on BO1, and thousands on MW2. That's going to be very different on Wii u.

Eh, last time I looked Black Ops Wii had 8000 players online (a few weeks ago). I think the highest I saw closer to it's launch was maybe 20-25k though I could be wrong on that number.

Black Ops 2 for Wii U will still be playable for quite some time at least in TDM (especially of Ghosts skips the system).

Yes.

This has been another edition of Simple Answers to Complex Questions®.

(And, yes, I'm serious.)

Is this hinting at some inside knowledge, or is it speculation?

What Harker said sounds about right. Activision likely holding out on us while in talks to lock down some sort of sweetener from Nintendo..

Top Bottom