• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Brazilian Grand Prix 2016 |OT| We've Got A Message For You...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

I'm all confused over a season OT and a race thread but I'll take it to be out of the community black hole.

Go Ham.

Would love the end of the race to mean that they are both on the same points for the last race.

I'm sure it won't happen and I'm sure Nico will win it this year. At least it'll hopefully run to the last race either way.

If its wet I wouldn't be surprised to see the Red Bulls putting on a lot of pressure. The power unit difference gets largely thrown out with wet weather and we know the chassis is good and both drivers are willing to dangle the balls out to make a move, possibly past a Nico Rosberg who just wants to bring it home.

dubc35

Missed qualy but saw the results. Go Ham! (if only to extend the season)

Still wish interlagos was the season finale. /old man shakes fist at cloud

The start of the race will more than likely determine the winner. As weve seen two years in a row, the Mercs cant pass each other on this track unless there is a driver error.

I don't think Rosberg is going to risk it unless he has a clear shot to take 1st. He should really be more worried about Kimi snatching 2nd place at the start of the race

Anticipating the race tomorrow got me thinking about Nico starting alongside his closest and fiercest rival, 19 point lead with 2 races to go, possible rainy conditions, tight first turn... You just know what the GOAT would do.

If it rains then that's going to mean nothing.

Oh is there rain forecast? Damn, thats good for Lewis and bad for Nico.
Anticipating the race tomorrow got me thinking about Nico starting alongside his closest and fiercest rival, 19 point lead with 2 races to go, possible rainy conditions, tight first turn... You just know what the GOAT would do.

Those Ferraris consistently get off the line faster than Mercedes. Hopefully, Kimi can get the jump on Nico.

Those Ferraris consistently get off the line faster than Mercedes. Hopefully, Kimi can get the jump on Nico.

If Nico starts like he did in the last race even Vettel has a shot to pass him. I honestly don't know what to expect, but for whatever reason I don't expect the same results of HAM-ROS-whatever podium. I fully expect randomness.

If Nico starts like he did in the last race even Vettel has a shot to pass him. I honestly don't know what to expect, but for whatever reason I don't expect the same results of HAM-ROS-whatever podium. I fully expect randomness.

I hope so, but I think it's going to be business as usual

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It is quite a short run into turn one

And Jose Carlos Pace autodromo is the shortest track on the calendar.

GHG

Why? Would you not rather watch a fair battle. A 3rd place for Nico would be okay for him as I can't see the Mercs not getting a 1-2 at Abu Dhabi.

I'll be honest, I simply don't like him. Especially after his antics on the track this season.

Zeknurn

I hope it doesn't rain at the start of the race because a start behind the safety car would be gifting Hamilton the win.

I would prefer if both Mercedes getting kicked out in the next two races. Not because I want to see Rosberg winning the title but we would get interesting races this way.

RSP

I really can't wait for the start. My eyes are going to be glued on Verstappen.

I expect that Vettel is going to be faster off the line. It could be a repeat of the first corner at Spa, taking either VET, VES or both out of the race. People need a reason to write more articles about VES being an irresponsible driver.

Orbis

Not sure Rosberg would want to really try. He wouldn't be taking any risks.
Yeah he'll take a clear opportunity if he can but he won't risk anything. He's being pretty level headed in his title push. Outside of technical failure or being hit, he cannot lose the title without a major personal error at this point.

Jibbed

As much as you can argue Nico can't race, can't drive in changeable conditions or has benefited (hugely IMO) from Lewis' car failures this season, championships in the past have gone to drivers far less talented and as dedicated as he is.

I really don't like the guy. Like really, really. And although I'll be the first to admit I'd get a kick out of seeing him lose it all in the last 2 races, the simple fact is he's got a sizeable lead in the points over Lewis and he has stepped up his game this year.

If Nico coasts to the end of the season then whatever, he's world champion. Can't take that away from him.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
CxI1_HKXcAAfGjD.jpg

As much as you can argue Nico can't race, can't drive in changeable conditions or has benefited (hugely IMO) from Lewis' car failures this season, championships in the past have gone to drivers far less talented and as dedicated as he is.

I really don't like the guy. Like really, really. And although I'll be the first to admit I'd get a kick out of seeing him lose it all in the last 2 races, the simple fact is he's got a sizeable lead in the points over Lewis and he has stepped up his game this year.

If Nico coasts to the end of the season then whatever, he's world champion. Can't take that away from him.

Basically, yeah. I won't be sad for Lewis and I won't be happy for Nico. I have no horse in this race (because it doesn't participate in the race for P1) and I don't like Nico all that much. It's like another poster here said, he tries way too hard to be likable, which has the opposite effect.

But you don't get to be in the position he is right now without talent, even if it's not as big as other drivers on the grid.

We all know what that means :)

XPB_826137_HiRes.jpg

Mercedes 1-2-3

I don't know about you guys, but to me it sounds like the race is rigged.

Why? Would you not rather watch a fair battle. A 3rd place for Nico would be okay for him as I can't see the Mercs not getting a 1-2 at Abu Dhabi.

I would, but it wasnt fair that Lewis' engine blew up in Malaysia as he lead the race, nor were the multitude of other mechanical issues he experienced in the first half of the season.

Since its super difficult for cars from the same team to overttake on this track, I wonder if Hamilton tries to slow the pace of the race to put Nico under pressure.

spuckthew

In old money Rosberg would only be 8 points ahead. Never forget '07 when Kimi had 17 points to make up going into the last two races.

EDIT: 17 points back then is around 42 points with today's system.

People can dislike or like whatever driver for whatever reasons. But it would be nice not being forced to read tons of silly posts about it. We have the autosport forum for such nonsense.

I really really hope it's a standing start..

They've been really conservative in the past few years.. I'd rather have a delayed start than a rolling start

Zeknurn

I really really hope it's a standing start..

They've been really conservative in the past few years.. I'd rather have a delayed start than a rolling start

The F1 twitter just posted this

@F1
And here's the current scene out on the circuit at @InterlagosTrack

A fair bit of surface water out there and more rain forecast #BrazilGP

CxJSxBaWQAA1NrU.jpg:orig

Yeah... it's going to be a rolling start.

edit: Damn it. I'm as slow as Palmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom