• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 - Brazilian Grand Prix 2016 |OT| We've Got A Message For You...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbis

I really really hope it's a standing start..

They've been really conservative in the past few years.. I'd rather have a delayed start than a rolling start
I'm sure I've read somewhere that they are looking at the possibility of standing starts after a safety car started race. Obviously not today but in the future.

What bugs me more than SC starts is how long the race takes to get started after them. Surely the relative danger is mostly negated once the standing start is out of the way? Bar the more severe conditions they should be able to get racing after a couple of laps, but we often hear drivers begging to get racing after endless laps in clearly suitable conditions.

Moozo

I'm sure I've read somewhere that they are looking at the possibility of standing starts after a safety car started race. Obviously not today but in the future.

What bugs me more than SC starts is how long the race takes to get started after them. Surely the relative danger is mostly negated once the standing start is out of the way? Bar the more severe conditions they should be able to get racing after a couple of laps, but we often hear drivers begging to get racing after endless laps in clearly suitable conditions.
Think that's in from 2017.

Mastah

54 laps behind Safety Car and then red flag, which would get them over 75% of race distance and guarantee full points. Make it happen, Charlie!

Zeknurn

6apUglg.jpg

Yeah, this race is going to run in the background, while I'm playing Uncharted 3 instead.

This game feels like Nico's career if he wins the championship this year: promising but then kind of disappointing and then at some point when it's looking like it will be shit it redeems itself and turns out to be awesome and then wins everything including our hearts.

Mastah

Will Buxton ‏@thebuxtonblog 3m3 minutes ago Sao Paulo, Brazil

Just spoke to Charlie Whiting. If weather stays as it is, normal race start. Good grip. No standing water. No need for Safety Car.

I hate the Sky coverage. It just feels so smug.
That's because none of the three presenters are likeable.

And while I absolutely understand their bias for British drivers, sometimes it's just full of it and it gets as bad as RTL in Germany.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Damit, Grosjean, now they are going to start behind the SC after all...

Zaru

Oh fucking hell Grosjean.That has to be devastating.

And lol at Hamilton saying "It's very wet out there"
Someone doesn't want a proper start.

I think it was really a case of over enthusiastic grosjean but also believe that there will be a SC start for laps and laps on end

Jezbollah

Please not a safety car start. Shit is boring :/

Doesnt matter if it's boring or not. Nor does it matter if they have a grippy start line with ample drainage. If there's standing water and people are barely able to drive in a straight line then it'll be a safety car start.

The fact the Haas went off going uphill shows how much water is draining down there. Be realistic.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Allan McNish ‏@allanmcnish 2m2 minutes ago

track surface in #interlagos will be very tricky in the wet, does not drain well, lots of rivers & easy to aquaplane #tippytoe #F1 #bbcf1

There is not much water on start-finish straight, because it is inclined a bit

Guys can't fucking drive straight and yet it's going to start normally on time? Goddamn FIA is really trying to fuck up this year championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom