• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3: First official glimpse

Zhuk

Banned
This is going to be a great year for 360 owners, Forza 3 is going to blow us away I am so excited for E3!!!!

Meier

I went back and finished off all the Arcade races this past weekend so now I've beat Career and Arcade in Forza 2. I will never, ever finish off the Japanese and German cars though I'm afraid. There is nothing worse on earth than the way they set up auctions in Forza 2. They better COMPLETELY overhaul it in 3.

SimpleDesign said:
I'm at 970/1,000 since I hate playing racing games online. :D

I'm starting to get hyped, I hope they shoot for a fall release. (Again, which will likely get pushed back to May 2010. :lol )
Want to gift me a bunch of cars? :D

any word on a new wheel or other wheel support? I'm about to order the Driving Force GT for PS3/PC, but I still would like to play Forza 3 with a wheel without buying a whole new one. IF they are coming out with a new wheel that lets me use it on everything, I might as well wait for that, assuming it's not shit like the first MS wheel.

Zhuk

Banned
Linkzg said:
any word on a new wheel or other wheel support? I'm about to order the Driving Force GT for PS3/PC, but I still would like to play Forza 3 with a wheel without buying a whole new one. IF they are coming out with a new wheel that lets me use it on everything, I might as well wait for that, assuming it's not shit like the first MS wheel.

There are some rumours, but honestly the best we can do is pray and hope.

1-D_FTW

When I first saw those pictures of that wheel, I thought it was just a cheapo piece of junk. But then I did a little research. It seems like a great wheel. In some ways better than the G25. And what people are saying about using the motion camera for head tracking. That could be a pretty spectacular combination if true.

clashfan

1-D_FTW said:
... And what people are saying about using the motion camera for head tracking. That could be a pretty spectacular combination if true.

Head tracking sounds like an interesting idea but I'm wondering how useful that would be.

ravien56

i could never finish the stupid career, got to the middlle, it was just fucking grinding at that point, i was very interested in the livery part, but i couldnt do the paint stuff right and im not paying for live anymore, so i cant even access the painted cars that are put up for auctions.

1-D_FTW

clashfan said:
Head tracking sounds like an interesting idea but I'm wondering how useful that would be.

It depends how claustrophobic they make a cockpit view. If it's like GRID, it'd be very useful. What I wouldn't have given for something like that in GRID.

1-D_FTW said:
When I first saw those pictures of that wheel, I thought it was just a cheapo piece of junk. But then I did a little research. It seems like a great wheel. In some ways better than the G25.
One important thing I noticed...

Multiplatform: Xbox 360 – PC – PlayStation® 3

\o/

Cheeto

PjotrStroganov said:
So MS and Logitech could come up with a USB wheel that is compatible with all platforms?

Get to it!
Couldn't they make an inline adapter for the G25 to include the necessary authentication chip or whatever it is it needs.

Cheeto said:
Says it uses that for the PC and PS3 though. And wtf at the price!?
Yeah, it seems to start off as a 360 wheel and then has a dongle for the PS3 / PC. Doing it the other way may be considerably more difficult.

...and yes, it's ludicrously expensive. :)

1-D_FTW

Jeez. When I looked a couple of days ago I must have been looking at a standard edition. I thought it was 350 dollars and I was almost close to talking myself into it for the wireless features (assuming it was gonna support all 3 platforms.) But at that price? No way. Looks like they're almost sold out anyway. So I guess some people don't object to the price.

Kafel

Banned
image.jpg

?

LiquidMetal14 said:
Who made that, Igor in his basement?
It looks like a press invite to see the game sent by some PR: they make up this kind of invites. It could be for somewhere outside of the US, to show the game to the journalists that couldn't see it at E3.

If that's real, then it's clear MS fired everyone in their art / marketing department and they had to get the office gopher to do it. :lol

Psychotext said:
If that's real, then it's clear MS fired everyone in their art / marketing department and they had to get the office gopher to do it. :lol
They send this kind of things all the time, it isn't something intended for the public to see: simply some PR/marketing guy toying with photoshop or simpler image editing tool, to send press invite e-mails.

DuckRacer said:
Why can't MS just release a patch that enables DFP compatibility? I don't want to buy another $200+ wheel.

Because the wheels still won't work with a firmware upgrade; Logitech say they would have to modify the hardware to get their PS3/PC wheels to work on Xbox.

They've been working on a G25 replacement for a while now (for PS3 and PC only according to their product guy) - I can't wait to see what they've come up with :D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Anyone from GAF going to be at E3 this year?

PM me if you're interested in what Turn 10 is working on. :D

Thanks.

chespace said:

Thanks.
Fly me over from the UK and sure :)

On a forza note I found my lost copy of 2 and working on buying all those cars again for the 2nd time (2nd profile) before 3 hits, after not playing the game since november or so, I think it still holds up as a great looking 360 game even after playing grid all month. forza 3 should be a sight to behold.

chespace said:

Thanks.

You really know how to turn the knife don't ya =P

On a forza note I found my lost copy of 2 and working on buying all those cars again for the 2nd time (2nd profile) before 3 hits, after not playing the game since november or so, I think it still holds up as a great looking 360 game even after playing grid all month. forza 3 should be a sight to behold.
Never understood the graphics hate either. I think the game looks fantastic. Unique, but great nonetheless.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Diablohead said:
Fly me over from the UK and sure :)

Umm... I think you'll like what you see. No promises though. :D

You into extreme watersports?

Zhuk

Banned
chespace said:
Umm... I think you'll like what you see. No promises though. :D

You into extreme watersports?

I'm going to love whatever you guys show, Turn10 is one of the most talented studios out there! i'm a big fan of your work :D Forza 2 rekindled my love for racing games like no other.

Zhuk

Banned
Diablohead said:
If you mean that F1 race in the rain seven weeks ago, yeah.

apocalypse1-lg.jpg

On a sidenote I can't wait for another F1 game, haven't gotten into one properly since Geoff Crammond's F1 Grand Prix on DOS.

Flavius

chespace said:

Thanks.

So you don't like going on GAF, but it's cool so long as you can shill for your game and not worry about getting troubling questions, right? :lol

Can't wait to see what you guys have cooked up for E3.

saladine1

You guys are going to have your socks knocked off come E3!
All I can say is .....there is a new driving view coming....

Ask me how I know:D

Ranger X

saladine1 said:
You guys are going to have your socks knocked off come E3!
All I can say is .....there is a new driving view coming....

Ask me how I know:D

Motor view! and you can see the oil boiling on the pistons right?

Top Bottom