• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 6 demo is available NOW. 13gb download.

dragn

wheel ffb isnt so weak anymore at the start of turning the wheel, way better

but serioursly t10, why do we have to drive with all assists like automatic braking and racing line at the start -.-

Asharakk

I can't seem to download it.
When i press "Get it for FREE" it asks me about my Credit Card information..... do I really need to provide that info to download a damned demo?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I love it. Done one race so far.

I chose the sexy Toyota and turned all assists off as soon as possible and yes, the feeling is good.

After the super weak rumble triggers from Horizon 2 I'm so happy to have proper rumble feedback in the triggers again.

I don't know if it was just the car that I chose but the grip levels felt low, but in a good way. Like keeping you on the edge of your seat through corners because you need good throttle control to stay fast while on the limit. If that's what it's like in the dry, puddles are going to destroy people....

Need to go and play F5 again to compare controls but they feel nice and responsive on a pad. Not plugged my wheel in yet.

Either way, my heart was pumping. I like it.

Also noticed I was being chased down the whole time by another car coming through the field with me.

edit: loading screen said quali, but then there was no quali o_o

hwy_61

Banned
Huh. That's weird. I grabbed it off the smart glass app, but a couple hours later, I turn on the Xbox and it shows as queued. Is this because I have the external hard drive to turn off when the Xbox is off? I have the console set to instant on.

a couple hours later, I turn on the Xbox and it shows as queued. Is this because I have the external hard drive to turn off when the Xbox is off?

I believe so. You'll need to leave that external drive on if you want to download to it while the system is in standby.

Kei-

When i press "Get it for FREE" it asks me about my Credit Card information..... do I really need to provide that info to download a damned demo?

Why does it ask me for a CC for a free demo? I dont have a CC so i cant download it now.
This is bs.

Yea, why do I need my credit card on file to try a demo? Pretty dumb.

USF

Yea, why do I need my credit card on file to try a demo?

https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/638730917276741632
"We're hearing reports of some users being asked to provide cc details to download the #Forza6 demo. We aim to have this resolved later today"

Really? Will leaving the external on damage it in the long run at all?

It won't damage it, but it won't last as long, probably. Hard drives are rated in MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) so time will catch up to it eventually. The thing is, hard drives are fickle creatures. Some die after a year, and others seem to last forever. It's a crapshoot anyway. If it were the internal drive it would be "on" if your system was in Instant-On mode anyway, so in that respect it will be no worse off than the internal drive, I think.

Gowans

What's the score with the demo?
Is there's hot lap leaderboard for a nice little GAF lap time challenge thread?

Lego Boss

Is this available in the UK? It's not showing on the home screen, although Forza Hub has it, there's no option to download.

Is it necessary to have a pre-order in place (I don't).

Westraid

Oh nice! I never played a Forza game aside from a race at a demo console at the store.
I love racing games but I'm really bad at them, so I'll probably not get the full game because I won't be able to clear the story/championship mode.

On a side note, is 13 GB the usual demo size now? I haven't been keeping up with 'modern' gaming until I got my XBO a few months ago, so to me it seems like it's huge for just a demo.

Oh nice! I never played a Forza game aside from a race at a demo console at the store.
I love racing games but I'm really bad at them, so I'll probably not get the full game because I won't be able to clear the story/championship mode.

On a side note, is 13 GB the usual demo size now? I haven't been keeping up with 'modern' gaming until I got my XBO a few months ago, so to me it seems like it's huge for just a demo.

In fairness, it's a sizeable demo.

T.O.P

Banned
Game looks fantastic!

screenshot-original6x5uj8.png

btags

God damn it, now I am looking into wheels for my xbox one. Any suggestions on the cheapest way to get a thrustmaster tx that is in good condition?

Cool I will download this on my X1 while I play MGSV on my PS4! So my first racing game was DriveClub, from what has been shown before how will this match up with content and fun--do most people enjoy Forza over other brands of racing games? I don't really care about consoles I just like games so I'm excited for a free beta.

ElNino

I believe so. You'll need to leave that external drive on if you want to download to it while the system is in standby.
No, you shouldn't need to do that. My external drive is powered down in stand by and the Xbox turns it on when it needs it.

I queue up the Forza Demo from my office and went down a few minutes ago to give it a try; it was all downloaded while in stand by.

Cool I will download this on my X1 while I play MGSV on my PS4! So my first racing game was DriveClub, from what has been shown before how will this match up with content and fun--do most people enjoy Forza over other brands of racing games? I don't really care about consoles I just like games so I'm excited for a free beta.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean but come and Jump In with ForzaGAF, the racing is fine.

Kssio_Aug

If you're interested in racing games but think youre bad at them, I highly recommend you Forza anyway.

Try Horizon 2 demo aswell, and see wich one calls your attention the most (I prefer Horizon over Motorport).

In Forza you have the option, while playing offline, to customize almost any assists and turn on/off a "rewind" option. Using rewind and playing with the assist settings you will get much better, and soon enough you will see yourself turning off most of these assistis, including the rewind, as you learn the tricks and get pratice.

In other words, Forza is a very didact game, and still very challengening and full of content!

5% in 15 minutes, slow as fuck xbox live today.

Sorry for your luck. I downloaded the demo 100% in 20 minutes around 12pm Eastern today. I would expect other people to have your experience later this afternoon & evening...with everyone & their mother downloading it.

Humidex

First impressions...24 cars in the first qualifying race! The GT86 I selected is very much on the skittery side, and I love it!

Graphically, a step up from FM5, with a lot more incidental detail while racing, such as the odd leaf or two fluttering on the track while racing.

What's not so good - in game menu and pre race music can't be entirely switched off..but that's about it so far.

Pre-order stays!

btags

First impressions...24 cars in the first qualifying race! The GT86 I selected is very much on the skittery side, and I love it!

Graphically, a step up from FM5, with a lot more incidental detail while racing, such as the odd leaf or two fluttering on the track while racing.

What's not so good - in game menu and pre race music can't be entirely switched off..but that's about it so far.

Pre-order stays!

You can turn both off in the audio portion of the menu.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's the score with the demo?
Is there's hot lap leaderboard for a nice little GAF lap time challenge thread?

Yes there is - four I think, one on each of the demo tracks.
- Lime Rock in an Audi S3
- yas marina at night in a Ferrari f430
- Sebring in the wet in a corvette
- Brazil in a ford GT

I think you have to finish the forced demo races first, until the demo ends at a 'which versions would you like to buy' screen, and then press X to restart the demo. After that there is a rivals option on the menu.

After finishing the hotlap, you can look at the leaderboard and filter by world, continent, near me, friends. Also shows what assists the person was using

I want to download this but I still have the CC issue. Hopefully it gets resolved sooner than later. I know it's getting fixed today at some point but I'm impatient

Driving in the rain for the first time and using no assists, the first puddle down the straight sucked me in while I was trying to overtake and well yeah, it's a lot harder then it looks lol.

EktorOni

Just played it. I'm still amazed at how much better Forza Horizon 2 (an open world, "go wherever you want" experience) looks compared to this track-based simulation racer. Cars don't look as polished, visually, as their Horizon 2 counterparts, and neither does the environment. Everything here looks sharper, though... But at the expense of jaggies and weird model deformation everywhere.

I know this is running at 60FPS, but I can't overlook it.

Westraid

If you're interested in racing games but think youre bad at them, I highly recommend you Forza anyway.

Try Horizon 2 demo aswell, and see wich one calls your attention the most (I prefer Horizon over Motorport).

In Forza you have the option, while playing offline, to customize almost any assists and turn on/off a "rewind" option. Using rewind and playing with the assist settings you will get much better, and soon enough you will see yourself turning off most of these assistis, including the rewind, as you learn the tricks and get pratice.

In other words, Forza is a very didact game, and still very challengening and full of content!
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!
The only racing game I could properly play to the end was Dirt 2 because of the rewind feature. I played some others without but I just couldn't complete the story modes at the end.
I always thought Forza looked amazing and wanted to play it so badly, but I figured it would be pointless to buy a game I couldn't complete anyway.. The realistic look about it, I figured there was no way it would have such a feature.
Your post just made my day, I'll check out Horizon 2 too, thanks again! :D

Game looks fantastic!

screenshot-original6x5uj8.png

Looks a tad rough in that screenshot, but I think you could have taken a more flattering screenshot - and the game is 60fps too - but the game can look gorgeous, like the screenshot below; rain always makes games look better lol.

But as I said, you can't really fault it since it is 60fps and you have to take comprises somewhere.

Lego Boss

Just played it. I'm still amazed at how much better Forza Horizon 2 (an open world, "go wherever you want" experience) looks compared to this track-based simulation racer. Cars don't look as polished, visually, as their Horizon 2 counterparts, and neither does the environment. Everything here looks sharper, though... But at the expense of jaggies and weird model deformation everywhere.

I know this is running at 60FPS, but I can't overlook it.

Haven't played FM6 yet, but I'm with you on FH2, it's probably one of the most beautiful videogames ever made. The framerate really doesn't bother me, but for me FH2 is king o f racers right now.

FM6 might change my mind, but I doubt it, I just love that arcade blue skies in FH2.

Top Bottom