• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 6 demo is available NOW. 13gb download.

Caayn

Help. I can't play the demo, each time I boot it up the game refuses to respond to my input. The only button that works is the guide button, and every other button works fine in the dashboard and all my other games but they refuse to work in the FM6 demo.

I've tried 2 controllers, 2 different languages/locale settings on the console, full reboot, redownloaded the demo, but nothing works. Everytime I boot the demo it simply gets stuck at, what I guess is, the main menu.

Help. I can't play the demo, each time I boot it up the game refuses to respond to my input. The only button that works is the guide button, and every other button works fine in the dashboard and all my other games but they refuse to work in the FM6 demo.

I've tried 2 controllers, 2 different languages/locale settings on the console, full reboot, redownloaded the demo, but nothing works. Everytime I boot the demo it simply gets stuck at, what I guess is, the main menu.

I'm seeing this too in all my forza games, I think the forza servers are just overwhelmed and the game seems to force an online check when it starts and won't go past it. Even http://forzamotorsport.net/ isn't coming up for me and I have been checking it every day to track my rewards progress.

Kssio_Aug

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!
The only racing game I could properly play to the end was Dirt 2 because of the rewind feature. I played some others without but I just couldn't complete the story modes at the end.
I always thought Forza looked amazing and wanted to play it so badly, but I figured it would be pointless to buy a game I couldn't complete anyway.. The realistic look about it, I figured there was no way it would have such a feature.
Your post just made my day, I'll check out Horizon 2 too, thanks again! :D

I'm glad I helped! And enjoy, cause Forza is awesome!

Caayn

I'm seeing this too in all my forza games, I think the forza servers are just overwhelmed and the game seems to force an online check when it starts and won't go past it. Even http://forzamotorsport.net/ isn't coming up for me and I have been checking it every day to track my rewards progress.
Whoaaa, just unplugged the ethernet cable, rebooted the demo and it worked instantly.

Forced online check-in is massive bullshit for a game that is playable offline. Thanks for the heads-up :)

Just played it. I'm still amazed at how much better Forza Horizon 2 (an open world, "go wherever you want" experience) looks compared to this track-based simulation racer. Cars don't look as polished, visually, as their Horizon 2 counterparts, and neither does the environment. Everything here looks sharper, though... But at the expense of jaggies and weird model deformation everywhere.

I know this is running at 60FPS, but I can't overlook it.

It would be interesting if Forza 6 had an option to run at 30fps or lower resolution with higher AA or other effects. Imagine running this sucker at 4K or at 1080p with perfect image quality? it would be glorious. I can't wait for this game though, I've been waiting get back into Forza and I think this year is it, downloading the demo now.

Edit: Just booted the demo up. Once you get past the lack of anti-aliasing, this game is gorgeous. There were some very nice open vistas at almost every other corner, and the tracks seem to be packed with detail.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I don't play lot of demos, but out of all the once I have played this demo has lot more content. Loving it so far.

T.O.P

Banned
Looks a tad rough in that screenshot, but I think you could have taken a more flattering screenshot - and the game is 60fps too - but the game can look gorgeous, like the screenshot below; rain always makes games look better lol.

But as I said, you can't really fault it since it is 60fps and you have to take comprises somewhere.

It really looks fantastic to me in game, especially when you approach a scenary wich so many brilliant colours ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AA is still rough, but other than that, gg wp T10

Whoaaa, just unplugged the ethernet cable, rebooted the demo and it worked instantly.

Forced online check-in is massive bullshit for a game that is playable offline. Thanks for the heads-up :)

Except drivatars require the game to be online.

Also, not really a forced online check when the demo boots offline.

It really looks fantastic to me in game, especially when you approach a scenary wich so many brilliant colours ¯_(ツ)_/¯

AA is still rough, but other than that, gg wp T10

I'll take your word for it then :) I know games always look better in real life than on in screenshots. I mean I remember playing Forza 5 round my buddies and it looked much better than on some screenshots I saw on GAF, so I guess you do have a point and you know better than me as you have the game!

Lingitiz

Finally got a chance to play the demo. Everything about it felt awesome. Racing in the rain was the first time I felt weather was really a threat while driving in a game and not just a cosmetic thing with a little slipperiness added on. Cool stuff.

I like the music better too. Less car dealership stuff and a little more intense.

Dubz

60 fps racing is so much better than 30 fps. This game is a looker, and I really like the sense of speed with the Indy cars.

The only downer I can see is that I'm pretty sure some kind of microtransaction will be shoehorned into the Mod system.

nemisis0

Anyone know if I need to keep the demo to get the cover car or can I delete it and will still get it when my forza copy arrives? I don't see a save file for the demo anywhere.

Ptaaty

Played at a friend - loved it. Seriously making me reconsider my no consoles this gen stance.

The environments are great, so much added detail, the rain and fog, leaves, etc. Driving felt really good.

Only thing I didn't like (really at all) was the Formula 1 car race. Actually I loved it for sense of speed....I actually really enjoyed myself laughing at the intensity and ultra speed sense...but quickly realized I could just keep trigger held and haul ass....something was broke in the physics (made it really arcade fun, but not good for forza)

Played at a friend - loved it. Seriously making me reconsider my no consoles this gen stance.

The environments are great, so much added detail, the rain and fog, leaves, etc. Driving felt really good.

Only thing I didn't like (really at all) was the Formula 1 car race. Actually I loved it for sense of speed....I actually really enjoyed myself laughing at the intensity and ultra speed sense...but quickly realized I could just keep trigger held and haul ass....something was broke in the physics (made it really arcade fun, but not good for forza)

Indy car not F1, and those cars have so much downforce, combined with the fact you were on an oval meant you can just hammer down on the gas.

Top Bottom