• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

GHG

Gold Member
haha... yeah, if you have a wheel, it would be interested to hear your impressions with it. Im thinking on buying one once I have the X.

I do but it's hooked up to my gaming PC and the one I have now isn't compatible with Xbox. So until I get round to "upgrading" my gaming PC to windows 10 I will just treat this as a game to fool around in with random cars.

xrnzaaas

I think that’s what they are about.

And yeah, Career looks smaller. But I’m gonna take my time and have Long Laps so it’ll keep me until Forza 2018.

Yeah I'm definitely going to for long races on most tracks, a lot of them were too short for me in Forza 6. :)

N21

It would be unfair to make PC players wait for the arrival of a new console when their hardware is also capable of playing the game at the highest quality settings.

Really? It's not like the PC crowd have done their best to support even with the crappy storefront.

DarkestHour

Banned
I feel like a fool for buying this. Game keeps crashing when picking cars. I should have known after that terrible demo experience.

Really? It's not like the PC crowd have done their best to support even with the crappy storefront.

You're right, PC owners aren't worthy enough because they didn't go out of their way to buy copies of a broken and poor-performing Forza Horizon 3 by the truckload to demonstrate their loyalty to Microsoft. Next time we should be forced to eat glass to atone for our sins before we are allowed to buy another Forza game on PC.

Really?

GHG

Gold Member

Maybe the PC crowd haven't done their best to support these games because of the crappy storefront?

Spasm

I stayed up til 2 this morning playing. That could've easily turned into an all-nighter. Just one more race... Just one more race. Pretty addicting so far.

Work is gonna suck today.

DarkestHour

Banned
Would you be able to email us at forzafb@microsoft.com with details about this issue and we can try to assist. This is for the PC version correct?

I figured it out. Framerate was unlocked. Set it to target 60 FPS. Silly for a game in 2017 but I understand you are working on it.

I really wish the wheel settings would be fixed after the debacle with Horizon and Apex. The wheel comes nowhere close to following my actual wheel movements and there is a crazy large dead zone. I am using a G27.

I have helped some of the deadzone by setting the inner setting to "0" from a "1" but now I need to figure out why the wheel is so out of sync and why my wheel completely stops working after modifying the steering settings while in the middle of a race.

The amount of cars is incredible (despite the power numbers being completely wrong?) and having Road Atlanta in this guaranteed a purchase from me. If these little issues can be ironed out quickly I will be very happy with the $107 I just threw down.

willbsn13

Definitely have a few nit picks about FM7.

But man does it put a big smile on my face when you get that right car/track combo. Long Beach at sunset in a ND Miata was amazing. Then Suzuka with looming thunderclouds in a widebody Datsun 510. So goooooood

Stevey

I might be dumb, but where is time attack mode?
I just want to select a car and a circuit and race against my ghost.
Cant find it anywhere.

Fredrik

My scratched up Volvo, upgraded to S749 (maxed out I think), so much fun to drive :)
HfCoTwm.jpg

Spasm

how do VIP rewards work in this one? Do i get double rewards each level? Doesnt seem to be happening.
I think they're Mods now. And limited-use ones, at that...? I slotted 3 of the 5 that I started out with (got an achievement for that), and they get a little notch on them for every race. I'm guessing when the notches are full, they disappear?

willbsn13

I might be dumb, but where is time attack mode?
I just want to select a car and a circuit and race against my ghost.
Cant find it anywhere.

You've just brought up one of my nitpicks! There are no longer class based leaderboards in rivals. So while in free-play you can just set the drivatars to 0 and hotlap till your hearts content, there is none of the rivals features in that.

I think they'll add them back though, (well I hope so, Helios pls) based on the fact that there's a lot of complaining about the lack of these leaderboards on the FM.net forums, Reddit etc. and so they should complain IMO. It was perfectly fine in FM6, why get rid of it?

danowat

Banned
Theres just premade challenges in there unless I'm missing them.

Hope not, the per car / per track rivals was one of the funnest things they introduced into the FM series

You've just brought up one of my nitpicks! There are no longer class based leaderboards in rivals. So while in free-play you can just set the drivatars to 0 and hotlap till your hearts content, there is none of the rivals features in that.

BOOOOOOOO

Edit : Yeah, it's going off on the FM.net forums about it LOL

DarkestHour

Banned
Steering Axis Deadzone outside is bugged. The higher the number the MORE you have to turn the wheel. The lower the number the LESS. The description is backwards or this setting is bugged.

Setting it to 100 helped get the car to match my inputs.

N21

You're right, PC owners aren't worthy enough because they didn't go out of their way to buy copies of a broken and poor-performing Forza Horizon 3 by the truckload to demonstrate their loyalty to Microsoft. Next time we should be forced to eat glass to atone for our sins before we are allowed to buy another Forza game on PC.

Really?

Maybe the PC crowd haven't done their best to support these games because of the crappy storefront?

Anyway, if these games bomb, MS will just stop porting and you guys/girls won't have nothing to worried about. I think receiving no game rather than a crappy port is the best option.

Cake Boss

Banned
Tempted to trade in Horizon 3 for this, barely put 20 hours into this compared to past Horizon games.

I enjoyed Forza 6 more than I am of Horizon 3, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I think they'll add them back though, (well I hope so, Helios pls) based on the fact that there's a lot of complaining about the lack of these leaderboards on the FM.net forums, Reddit etc. and so they should complain IMO. It was perfectly fine in FM6, why get rid of it?
So times set in races are not uploaded to rivals...?
But there is a Rivals mode still, only with a lot less leaderboard times set on it now because of the above?
If the leaderboards aren't class based, what are they based on then? Per car / per track? Then the "tuned to the max" cars will always be on number 1 - there's something I don't get here, I think. Can you filter it for stock setups (that's what I always wanted in Forza)?

danowat

Banned
But there is a Rivals mode still, only with a lot less leaderboard times set on it now because of the above?
If the leaderboards aren't class based, what are they based on then? Per car / per track? Then the "tuned to the max" cars will always be on number 1 - there's something I don't get here, I think. Can you filter it for stock setups (that's what I always wanted in Forza)?

There is a lot of surmising going on at the moment, but it seems like they will end up being homologation boards, rather than by class boards, from a couple of tweets it appears that the homologation stuff is their focus, which isn't a bad thing (IMO).

At the moment it's just spec challenges and the like.

GHG

Gold Member
Anyway, if these games bomb, MS will just stop porting and you guys/girls won't have nothing to worried about. I think receiving no game rather than a crappy port is the best option.

What a strange attitude to have.

If Microsoft had a decent storefront for these games and the PC versions were solid then the games would sell well, everybody is happy and they would make a lot of money from it. But yet, here you are blaming PC gamers for the games not selling well?

There are no ports either by the way, the games are UWP.

There is a lot of surmising going on at the moment, but it seems like they will end up being homologation boards, rather than by class boards, from a couple of tweets it appears that the homologation stuff is their focus, which isn't a bad thing (IMO).

At the moment it's just spec challenges and the like.
That sounds great actually, if someone clever designed the homologation rules (if done bad it's like GTS Gr.4, where you only see GT-Rs because it's faster and easier to drive than all the other cars on every track in the beta).

But that the times set in career races are not uploaded to rivals (most of them are invalid anyway unless you play on a too low difficulty) sounds like a bad idea. That would show people how bad they actually suck at time trial ;D

danowat

Banned
That sounds great actually, if someone clever designed the homologation rules (if done bad it's like GTS Gr.4, where you only see GT-Rs because it's faster and easier to drive than all the other cars on every track in the beta).

But that the times set in career races are not uploaded to rivals (most of them are invalid anyway unless you play on a too low difficulty) sounds like a bad idea. That would show people how bad they actually suck at time trial ;D

I think they are uploaded to leaderboards, but I don't think those tie in with rivals, I've not played it yet, just going by what people are saying (shouting) over at FM.net

willbsn13

Times set in races are uploaded to rivals, there's just no way to access those times (I think)

There is still a rivals mode, but there are only these categories;

VIP
Featured Events
Spec Challenge
Track Days
Autocross
Drift

The lbs are now done by car division. So no "tuned to max" cars since all the divisions are homologated. You cant filter by stock setup afaik.

Gestault

Considering how awful online racing experiences can normally be when you just want to drive a specific car, but it's a waste of energy to do so competatively, homologation sounds like something I want.

Mad1723

Welp, the FFB on the release version is still as annoying as ever. :\

No feel in the middle and then garbled feedback on the outside. Back to PCars 2.

DarkestHour

Banned
I just want good wheel support. Why don't I get the full 900 degrees? Why is FFB so bad? Turning my wheel 90 degrees shouldn't result in full lock. C'mon!

Makikou

Couldn't resist how cheap the Russian version of the game was so here I am.. 2017.. Internet Download Manager.

Just wow MS.

Qassim

The most frustrating thing about this game as a PC player is the regressions in functionality from the series. It feels like improvements aren't merged back upstream and then those improvements aren't in new releases.

Stuff like an in-game framerate counter, not being able to turn in the audio down (or off) in game, and (maybe?) the better multicore support. But I'm getting very good and consistent performance when I bring my refresh rate down to 60Hz and disable G-Sync.

FWIW, G-Sync worked in the demo but I can't seem to get it to work in the full release, so that can be considered a regression too.

During the early days of Forza on PC talk, we heard a lot about the team getting the tech ready for PC and how they were preparing for it, and whilst it does seem fundamentally strong, the recurring issues that had been fixed in previous releases indicate an odd issue in the development processes.

(FWIW, I am *really* enjoying the game - Turn10 are overall doing a fantastic job, just a few frustrating points).

how is performance on PC? is it any better than the demo? because that ran like shit for me and I'm well above recommended specs. i really need a racing game but F1 sucks and I'm not interested in PC2 or GTS.

i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 1070, installed on SSD here...runs at a flawless 1440p60. Pretty much all graphics options set to Ultra with 4x MSAA.

The only problems I've had is the stuttering menus (the same problem happened with the demo) and my game crashed right after finishing the Seeker Cup. It crashed right on the achievement pop-up.

Makikou

link?

It would work on the X1 too since its a play anywhere title?

I bought Xbox Live RU cards on seagm.com (1x 2500rub and 2x 500rub), then navigated to the russian microsoft store site (replace eg en-US or w/e country code in url with ru-ru). Added moscow hotel hilton address onto my acct when it asked for it when i added the first card. Added the 2 other cards.

Done.

Here you go, it's also the same car so you can compare its exterior, interior and how it sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQoL4rSmCo

Imo the track looks better in 4, but the one is 7 doesn't look that bad in the video and it's the untouched track layout that really matters to me.

I think I'll be getting the game on Tuesday, especially since Project CARS 2 has dropped from my wishlist for the foreseeable future (maybe even until GotY edition).

Forza 4 showing it's age but I still prefer it, I loved 4 it's a good game that I pretty much played over it's single player twice because of a save delete bug.

Taking a break. Been playing most of the day. Absolutely loving it.

I reckon one more championship and I'll have tier 3 unlocked.

I was terrible at the Formula E cars, I finished tenth in that series.

xrnzaaas

Forza 4 showing it's age but I still prefer it, I loved 4 it's a good game that I pretty much played over it's single player twice because of a save delete bug.

I finished it once (except for a few annoying autocross events) and I would do it again if it was made a backwards compatible title. :)

Skyr

Got my ultimate diditon pre-loaded on PC and will try out later how it runs.
It bums me out to read about the full version still having stuttering problems like the demo.
I definitely had this issue and hope they find a solution for this ASAP.
What is so weird about it that some people with supposedly weaker systems don't have any issues.
It seems to be completly inconsistent and random.

BTW why is there no PC Performance thread yet?
I think the console players are not reall interested in our issues and would like to discuss more of the game itself.

I finished it once (except for a few annoying autocross events) and I would do it again if it was made a backwards compatible title. :)

For it's time it looked great, played great, nice selection of courses and cars, visually pleasing, great music, a true classic to me.

GHG

Gold Member
Even the tracks without dynamic weather and nighttime still have dynamic daylight conditions with varying skies.

Oh nice, that's better than nothing then. So can you set a sunrise to sunset race on those tracks or is it completely random?

Gestault

i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 1070, installed on SSD here...runs at a flawless 1440p60. Pretty much all graphics options set to Ultra with 4x MSAA.

The only problems I've had is the stuttering menus (the same problem happened with the demo) and my game crashed right after finishing the Seeker Cup. It crashed right on the achievement pop-up.

I'm on basically your build, just with an i7 instead of the i5, and I've also had ideal performance in-game. Menus do jitter some while it's loading content in the background, but on-track performance is exactly what it needs to be.

Top Bottom