• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Tried updating my drivers, texture glitch still remains.

And as a plus now the performance is garbage (385.69). It was fine beforehand.

danowat

Banned
People were saying this was very cheap on the Russian XBO store?, where were they getting their Russian XBO credit from?

The Windows Store app sure is fantastic. It's taking infinitely longer to download the "Forza Motorsport 7 VIP" component of the FM7 Ultimate package, than the ~95GB base game. It's been stuck at 90% for a couple of hours now at 300Kb/s.

People were saying this was very cheap on the Russian XBO store?, where were they getting their Russian XBO credit from?
This is interesting to me too, in the past i have bought from Singapore buying credit from the Singapore Microsoft store and then buying the game from Xbox Singapore. Is it the same process buying from Russia. Really want the game but can't afford the full price at the moment

sam777

This is interesting to me too, in the past i have bought from Singapore buying credit from the Singapore Microsoft store and then buying the game from Xbox Singapore. Is it the same process buying from Russia. Really want the game but can't afford the full price at the moment

Yes, I'd like to know this too.

https://www.seagm.com/

This site sells Russian credit.

If I remember correctly, to buy from the Russian store you have to go use the MS store Russian website, find Forza and when you are checking out the payment method will have a little present box select that and enter your 25 digit code. Then confirm your purchase.

moerser

fucking windows store download still borked after three days for me. good thing i have the slowest possible internet connection...

Snubbers

It's out of stock on their website, hopefully you get it soon.

Just chucked in a support request, something tells me it won't be arriving..

I've never pre-ordered anything digitally from CD Keys that wasn't immediately delivered via email, as with all other orders, I hope this one isn't going to end in disappointment!

Azzawon

Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition from the MS store and had to jump through hoops to get UPS to deliver it somewhere where it can be signed for today (I'm at work). Fingers crossed everything works out and I'll be playing later today!

Daffy Duck

From here....

https://plati.ru/itm/xbox-live-payment-card-2500-rubles-discounts/1649267

and here....

https://plati.ru/itm/xbox-live-payment-card-1000-rubles-gift/2203102

Then go here....

https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/sto...71db401e01e8)(266696)(1018132)(04009g3vmrnk)()

Ask Uncle Putin for some help translating the site, or use Google Translate, it's upto you. Use Hilton Moscow address and Robert's your fathers brother.

saladine1

Just chucked in a support request, something tells me it won't be arriving..

I've never pre-ordered anything digitally from CD Keys that wasn't immediately delivered via email, as with all other orders, I hope this one isn't going to end in disappointment!
They offered a refund and I took it as they don't know when they will deliver the keys.
Bought from the MS store instead.

Well what a fabulous game this is. Have put about three hours in now, 2/3 on Xbox and an hour on PC.

So many great features. Having the menus available all the time, even when loading events, is superb.

My favourite new thing is the zoomed dashboard, which is especially good in racing models with restricted views.

The dynamic skies are great too. Just done a hot hatch night race at Sebring and the sun began to rise towards the end. It looked beautiful.

Forza has always had good sound, but crikey they've really gone beyond this time. So many noises within the car and the collision sounds are terrific too.

gossi

I was playing this with a GT920 wheel with Force feedback on a 60 inch TV last night. Zoomed dashboard view. Feels and looks amazing.

danowat

Banned

Went for the Plati.ru site, it was a bit of a ball ache navigating the russian store, chrome translate kept messing it up, and I kept getting a load of currency mismatch errors, but got there in the end, had to use Edge browser and google translate....make sure you add the cards from the purchase screen, and don't try to add them to your account first, it won't work, and the Hilton address is what I used

But the ultimate edition for £44 isn't bad

untitledr1um0.jpg

KdotIX

Had a quick blast on the PC version this morning. Here are my specs for those wondering:

i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 1070 (8GB VRAM)

I left every graphical setting on dynamic and default. The intro had stutters, the intros to the 3 races had stutters and when loading tracks, the game stutters, but I just put it down to the game loading assets.

When racing, the game performs fine a lovely smooth 60 all the way. Graphically it could be better, but I'll put that down to the dynamic graphical options and my specs. Haven't experienced any microstutters or stuttering menus - stuff like that could grate on me over time, but it's not the end of the world, especially in menus, I'd rather have that and smooth racing at a set 60fps than have a shitty racing experience. Love the fact you can now change assists and other settings on the fly too.

Went with the McLaren F1 for my free car because why the hell not, its free! Thing is a beast, sounds raw, performs like a monster. I've just left all race settings as default for now, but I will be looking to up the laps to 7 to see if that affects the credits payout. Assists wise, TCS off, ABS off, Manual gears (for the first time - and that feels great), Braking line only but I'm hoping to break that reliance soon.

I've got to applaud T10 on the sound design front, it sounds fantastic. Can hear the little nuances in each vehicle, the pops and crackles, the gravel spreading over the track, the rumble strips, the tire squeal, the clunks of the gear box in race cars, the glorious engine notes, the turbos whining and so much more.

Racing in the rain is also so much better in this instalment. There's no big puddles to look out for in the same area anymore, its all spread evenly across the track and it glistens beautifully - can hear the sound of the spray being chucked off the tires as they start to break traction. It makes for a more believable experience compared to Forza 6.

I just hope T10 can pull it together with the FFB, because the work they put in on the wheel support on PC, it would be a real game changer for Forza as a whole. It's probably the missing piece of the puzzle (and tire / pit strategies - I hear you GHG!).

As of right now, it's a very nice game with great attention to detail and high polish. I can't wait for work to be over so I can get back to it! Oh, also tried out Forza Vista in the pit lane, that's very nice too.

Snubbers

Went for the Plati.ru site, it was a bit of a ball ache navigating the russian store, chrome translate kept messing it up, and I kept getting a load of currency mismatch errors, but got there in the end, had to use Edge browser and google translate....make sure you add the cards from the purchase screen, and don't try to add them to your account first, it won't work, and the Hilton address is what I used

untitledr1um0.jpg

Simple question, does this work with your normal XBL account or do you have to create a second account etc?

danowat

Banned
Simple question, does this work with your normal XBL account or do you have to create a second account etc?

Works with your normal account (the one you are logged in with when you purchase the product), you don't need a second account, you just need to enter an address for the payment option when you buy it

Yeah, tried four sets of drivers, dynamic everything, game still has streaming / texture / 3d asset problems. I can easily replicate the problem by using rewind again and again.

What a shame.

Strange thing is that it did not happen in Suzuka, but it did in Monza and the airplane test track or whatever that's called (not the Top Gear one, the other).

HeliosT10

Yeah, tried four sets of drivers, dynamic everything, game still has streaming / texture / 3d asset problems. I can easily replicate the problem by using rewind again and again.

What a shame.

Strange thing is that it did not happen in Suzuka, but it did in Monza and the airplane test track or whatever that's called (not the Top Gear one, the other).

Could you send an email about this issue with as much detail as possible to forzafb@microsoft.com and we will investigate. This isn't a problem I've come across so far.

GHG

untitledr1um0.jpg

*Sees the day one car pack is a bunch of fast and the furious cars*

Yeh, I'm good with the basic bitch version for ~£25 quid. I doubt it will ever get lower than that on a sale anyway.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

What a shame.

It's in the list of the known issues : https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst104213_Forza-Motorsport-7-Known-Issues--PC-Xbox.aspx

PC SPECIFIC KNOWN ISSUES
• All players on a given PC will be able to play the game but only players who purchased the DLC will be able to access the DLC.
• Player's mouse pointer will stay in the forefront while actively racing
• Race track and audio features may not load properly in a race if the player has tabbed out of the game in the pre-race lobby until the race starts.
• Random Gamertags may appear in the host's lobby when backing out of Public or Private multiplayer sessions and not allow them to join a new hopper lobby.
• Some players may be unable to create or join voice chat sessions. We suggest restarting your computer and trying again.
• We are aware that the ['] key may be difficult to see in various menus.
• Game may become unresponsive when a player is browsing Driver Info in a large public multiplayer lobby during the transition to the next track.
• Players’ HDR settings may reset to max brightness and gamma upon relaunching the game.
• Players who exit Car Select during Launch Countdown without selecting a car will be left behind in the lobby with no car selected.
• Players who redeemed DLC on their Xbox One console may not see their DLC available when they play on PC. Players who experience this should make sure the DLC is downloaded to the PC they're playing on.
• When selecting a car, pressing the toggle option may not toggle the car stats.
• Driver Tier icon may not display properly on the Event Results or Leaderboard in the Post Race screen.
• Players will not receive credit bonus rewards for using VIP Forza Edition cars in Rivals events.
• Wheel rotation for navigating outside of racing may not be supported in menus like Livery Editor, Forzavista, Photo Mode, and the Decal Editor.
• Players may lose game audio if they unplug their headset and plug it back in while in the game.
• Unlocked framerate is currently not supported in the Forza Motorsport 7 but will be available with a future update.
• Currently, players cannot change video options during a race. We will be releasing an update in the future that will allow players to change video options mid-race.
• Benchmark mode may experience long load times or crashes after running the benchmark test.
• Players may experience the track not loading after using consecutive rewinds. If you experience this, please quit the race and start it again.
• Players may experience graphics not rendering properly when racing. If you experience this, we recommend turning down your in-game video settings.
• Changing the Camera Motion Effects will not apply after saving. The setting change should be applied to your second race but if it doesn’t, please quit the demo and launch it again.
• Players won't be able to use G-sync if they have the Nvidia 385.69 drivers installed. Players will want to install the 385.41 drivers to use G-sync.
• If players are experiencing hitching/stuttering, we suggest disabling Game Mode in Windows and close any overclocking, hardware monitoring, streaming, recording and any nonessential apps while we investigate this.

XBOX SPECIFIC KNOWN ISSUES
• Game may be unresponsive for players who launch that game after their console turned off due to inactivity.
• Race track and audio features may not load properly in a race if the player has the Xbox Guide open in the pre-race lobby until the race starts.
• In multiplayer, players may experience their menu to disappear until the next race starts if they are idle on the Driver Level Milestone Reward section.
• Players will be unable to access their VIP cars and Driver Gear if they are offline.
• Player ghosts may not appear while participating in Rivals events.
• While playing split-screen, Player B will be unable to use their purchased DLC if player A has not also purchased it.
• Some players may not see their VIP crates when first launching the game. Those experiencing this will need to fully close the game and launch it again to claim their VIP crates
• Cars may be misplaced or appear outside of the environment when loading Replays through Rivals Leaderboard.
• Player's car may appear outside of the track while in the Post Race screen in Rivals events.
• Players may only have the option to choose “Rent Car” in Rival events even though they own a car for that Rival event.
• While viewing a Rivals replay through Leaderboards, DLC cars that are not owned by the player will show as NULL.
• When signing into another profile, the game will freeze and user will get controller disconnect message. User will need to close game completely and relaunch the demo

GENERAL KNOWN ISSUES
• If the Controller Disconnect message appears while in a public or private multiplayer pre-race lobby at the “Loading Track” screen, the background will turn white and the OK button will flicker red and blue
• Players may notice performance hitches when loading into a multiplayer lobby for the first time.
• Player's may not be able to make a selection in the Post-Race menu if they open the Vote for Track window and dismiss it.
• Game may become unresponsive when changing game types in Free Play.
• Game may become unresponsive if a player is disconnected and tries to join a public hopper after reconnecting.
• In a private multiplayer lobby, players who are removed from the lobby by the host may see a "Voted Out" message instead of "Kicked by Host".
• Arabic text is reversed in both the Forza Motorsport 7 demo and in full version of the game. We are aware of this issue and will be issuing a fix in the near future.

emjot

How much is the standard version on the RU store? Is it possible to buy it on a discount without some balance left?

danowat

Banned
*Sees the day one car pack is a bunch of fast and the furious cars*

Yeh, I'm good with the basic bitch version for ~£25 quid. I doubt it will ever get lower than that on a sale anyway.

Wife is working this weekend, and I am thouroughly pissed off with PC2, so being able to play this weekend was worth £20 to me!

How much is the standard version on the RU store? Is it possible to buy it on a discount without some balance left?

1 999,00 ₽

MouldyK

Can someone with a good PC tell me if the Rear View Mirror displays Rain Spray?

It’s still a jarring thing on Xbox to look and see everything calm in the Rear-View Mirror whether in the car or on the screen...then when I look back...Spray Everywhere!!!

EDIT: Ah, the good old Rewind Fades To Black After 10+ Minutes of Racing. Not a huge issue, but can be jarring.

sTiTcH AU

Put about 2hrs into xbox and was great. Put about an hour into the pc version now and it runs so well (dynamic high 1080p with 200% resolution scale) and the game looks so good.

I have one issue though, I honestly feel like the AI has no awareness of you at all. I have gone down the inside for so many legitimate passes and the AI takes the line into the corner as if they have no idea you are there, its really frustrating.

Played a few races and I'm pretty impressed with it. Having a proper Forza game on PC is a real treat. Will buy it again when it hits Steam (I know, but seeing Killer Instinct on Steam makes me hope all Xbox games will one day be available there). :)

Grassy

Played ~5 races or so and it feels pretty good so far. I've only used one car(F40) and it doesn't feel like a massive leap from Forza 6 as far as the physics/handling goes, but at least it feels great with a controller. The performance and IQ is amazing too, even though the overall look is still very Forza and feels kind of flat I guess? Only performance issue so far are night races which drop into the low-40's at the start of the race @ 4K/Ultra settings on a 6700K @ 4.8ghz and 980 Ti.

The sound is really good too, lots of crackles and backfires on the F40 which sounds great.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I have one issue though, I honestly feel like the AI has no awareness of you at all. I have gone down the inside for so many legitimate passes and the AI takes the line into the corner as if they have no idea you are there, its really frustrating.

What AI settings are you using ?
I'm using "Expert" in French, I think it's the one before the hardest, and I turned off the low aggressiveness, and I've had some nice battles, AI was totally aware of my position and won't cut me in corners. And when I was too wide some even try to pass me on the inside, sometimes they even try to pass on the outside.

I think the AI is pretty great when you raise their level, but sometimes you'll have to chose longer races to be able to catch the first place.

MouldyK

Also, a minor nitpick...

...but I hate how it tracks the Total Series Points you can get in a Championship.

It’s like “You don’t have to win every race in a Championship...unless you want to have the game showing this!”

We complained when you had to win every race...or had to Podium every race. Now it’s the same thing, just hidden away in a Championship Fold.

It’s the reason I don’t Up the AI...because I want full points because it shows me the max points I could have obtained...so I want to win every race.

MaLDo

Could you send an email about this issue with as much detail as possible to forzafb@microsoft.com and we will investigate. This isn't a problem I've come across so far.

PC SPECIFIC KNOWN ISSUES
• Players may experience graphics not rendering properly when racing. If you experience this, we recommend turning down your in-game video settings.
• Players may experience the track not loading after using consecutive rewinds. If you experience this, please quit the race and start it again.

giphy.webp

danowat

Banned
Also, a minor nitpick...

...but I hate how it tracks the Total Series Points you can get in a Championship.

It’s like “You don’t have to win every race in a Championship...unless you want to have the game showing this!”

We complained when you had to win every race...or had to Podium every race. Now it’s the same thing, just hidden away in a Championship Fold.

It’s the reason I don’t Up the AI...because I want full points because it shows me the max points I could have obtained...so I want to win every race.

So your problem is that it shows the points you've got vs the points you could have gotten if you'd come first?

I mean, it's not a big issue is it?

Lego Boss

Just bought the UE from Game (they have stock, not a preorder).

Can't wait to check it.

Between this and the SNES Mini I'm not coming out this weekend.

Minor thing I noticed that I really like - at least in the cars I've driven so far - dashboard lights on as default.

I like that. Makes all the dials much more visible.

sTiTcH AU

What AI settings are you using ?
I'm using "Expert" in French, I think it's the one before the hardest, and I turned off the low aggressiveness, and I've had some nice battles, AI was totally aware of my position and won't cut me in corners. And when I was too wide some even try to pass me on the inside, sometimes they even try to pass on the outside.

I think the AI is pretty great when you raise their level, but sometimes you'll have to chose longer races to be able to catch the first place.

I think highly skilled, or the one above that i cant remember. I am half way through the spa endurance race and it seems like the AI either dont know im there or just dont give a shit lol.

Fredrik

Haha omg I love this game! Just upgraded an old Volvo Amazon/123GT to S749 and competed against Ferraris etc and finished at 2nd place in Prague! Not realistic but fun fun fun!! =D

MouldyK

So your problem is that it shows the points you've got vs the points you could have gotten if you'd come first?

I mean, it's not a big issue is it?

Like I said...not a big issue.

Just wonder why they decided to do that. Like it’s an improvement, but even in Forza Horizon 3 I knew I could place below 1st and the game never told me “You know in this Championship...you didn’t get all the points as you didn’t win every race! Go do it all again!”

Reminds me of Forza 3’s “Career” which gave you a Gold Medal for every race in the Series, so you had to go back into Event Selector and choose that certain race to drive to win.

For once I’d like effort in my Career Mode. They are improving though...slowly.

The dynamic skies are great too. Just done a hot hatch night race at Sebring and the sun began to rise towards the end. It looked beautiful.

Was that the 3rd Race in the Series? Because mine was the exact same!

Hopefully it’s not the same every time or I’ll call into question their “No Series will be the same for everyone!”...was your 2nd race raining at Brands Hatch?

danowat

Banned
Like I said...not a big issue.

Just wonder why they decided to do that. Like it’s an improvement, but even in Forza Horizon 3 I knew I could place below 1st and the game never told me “You know in this Championship...you didn’t get all the points as you didn’t win every race! Go do it all again!”

Reminds me of Forza 3’s “Career” which gave you a Gold Medal for every race in the Series, so you had to go back into Event Selector and choose that certain race to drive to win.

But you can still progress the career without winning every race though?

LostDonkey

I put the in game resolution to 2560x1440 on my 4k tv and it didn't drop to 30hz!!! Hallelujah Turn 10!

Praise the racing gods.

MouldyK

But you can still progress the career without winning every race though?

Actually, with the first race giving 100 max points, 2nd 200, 3rd 300 and 4th 400...you could win the first 3 races...finish 3rd on the 4th Race and finish 2nd overall in the Series...

If I finished 2nd in this race, I’d still win...but only by 5 Points.

Yeah, why don’t each race give 250pts max?

Top Bottom