• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Fox Mulder

I'm not usually one to complain about the little things, but it seems dumb to not be able to customize your driver. Even a few presets would be preferred.

it should be in there for all the guys and gals playing the game. Test Drive Unlimited still beats this game in many areas.

p3tran

Banned
ok ladies and gentlemen,
for those of you that have reached the level where clubs are availble,
lets try searching for "GAF" on the club options

:)

njean777

I can't wait to play. I can go pick it up but I don't think I will till tomorrow. I have an exam today and tomorrow so I don't need to be distracted :(

I'm so happy my exams are essays instead of actual sit down and take a test exams.

I may pick this game up, just having trouble deciding because I got shadows of Morrodor also this week.

GetPhoto.ashx

Sordid

Everything is working fine for me so far on the preview dash thankfully, game unlocked normally and my VIP is working fine.

I've just gotten to Nice, when do I get the option to join the car club? :)

Everything is working fine for me so far on the preview dash thankfully, game unlocked normally and my VIP is working fine.

This is exactly where I am and I went through the online intro but now the only thing I cannot access is CLUBS.

jesu

How does the VIP work?, I've been thinking about getting it.

Is it all the money and XP you earn doubled or something else?

Laws00

Soooooo

I takei t if i want all the cars other stuff I need to get the season pass?

And also get the VIP for the extra cars?

Ughhhhh, I need the manually go through the Autoshow to find all my free DLC cars? That's so dumb!

And then all of this confuses me too. I have the Day One, Launch and Vip packs. When I go to the Autoshow the 8 car pack is there and they are ALL FREE. The VIP and 3 car pack are available BUT NOT FREE. I have to purchase each of them with my credits earned, is this correct?

I accidentally ordered Forza Horizon 2 TWICE due to some issue I was experiencing... Gutted, I am using Borderlinx to buy from American store (In UK).
The only proof I had was in my Microsoft Commerce billing section under US Personal Account...

First guy was useless. He didn't have a clue.
Next person (A woman - not that it matters just as I said guy above), found all the stuff instantly and transferred me to Xbox team, who then after telling them what I had told Raquel refunded the extra game I had bought!

Customer service was amazing, and more importantly, Forza H2 is downloading ready for me tonight to play... and I can't Wait!

Bit off topic but I was so impressed, felt bad about buying it twice and it disheartened me but after that I'm excited as hell again!

Everytime this OT is bumped to the top I cry a little inside. I'm going through a no new games, just backlog phase, and this is the first real test for me. It looks fucking amazing, everything I want from a racing game and more.

And then all of this confuses me too. I have the Day One, Launch and Vip packs. When I go to the Autoshow the 8 car pack is there and they are ALL FREE. The VIP and 3 car pack are available BUT NOT FREE. I have to purchase each of them with my credits earned, is this correct?

Means you are having the same issue a lot of people are having...they are supposed to be free so don't waste your credits

Bessy67

Soooooo

I takei t if i want all the cars other stuff I need to get the season pass?

And also get the VIP for the extra cars?
There are 200 cars plus barn finds without DLC. If you feel like you need more than that then you'll need to get DLC. IIRC the previous Forza games have had monthly packs with 5 or 6 cars or you could buy each car individually so you probably don't have to buy the season pass, but it's cheaper to do that if you want every car.

Chorazin

No, they should be free. VIP, 3 car pack, and Car Pass are all messed up for me too.

Sordid

How does the VIP work?, I've been thinking about getting it.

Is it all the money and XP you earn doubled or something else?

Yep, you get some free cars and double xp/money iirc. The only way I know it's working is because it says VIP on the wheelspin and it doubles whatever prize I get.

Haven't got the game yet (UK here) but is there not a crown to show VIP status next to your GT in-game?

There is yep, completely forgot about that! I noticed the crown beside my name when I joined a multiplayer lobby.

Azzawon

Yep, you get some free cars and double xp/money iirc. The only way I know it's working is because it says VIP on the wheelspin and it doubles whatever prize I get.

Haven't got the game yet (UK here) but is there not a crown to show VIP status next to your GT in-game?

I believe the easiest way to know if your VIP is working correctly is if there is a little king's crown symbol to the right of your profile name in the top right.

This is what is so frustrating about the whole situation. The game unlocked at the right time for some and not others. The VIP and other DLC is working for some and not others. The version of the game people bought also seems to be random on what issues you have. Outside of the game being completely broken (which it isn't...I think) I don't know of any other way this launch could have gone worse. I said it earlier and I think it's worth saying again....if you're going to charge people for Day One DLC then the least you can do is make sure it actually works.

I accidentally ordered Forza Horizon 2 TWICE due to some issue I was experiencing... Gutted, I am using Borderlinx to buy from American store (In UK).
The only proof I had was in my Microsoft Commerce billing section under US Personal Account...

First guy was useless. He didn't have a clue.
Next person (A woman - not that it matters just as I said guy above), found all the stuff instantly and transferred me to Xbox team, who then after telling them what I had told Raquel refunded the extra game I had bought!

Customer service was amazing, and more importantly, Forza H2 is downloading ready for me tonight to play... and I can't Wait!

Bit off topic but I was so impressed, felt bad about buying it twice and it disheartened me but after that I'm excited as hell again!

Glad she was able to help you. I'd be so upset if that happened to me haha. Enjoy the game!!

stupid question.....how do I tell if my VIP is working?

where do I buy cars?!? At festival there is only the garage (paint/tune).

Look at your profile name and if there is a king's crown next to it your VIP is working.

You have to reach the City of Nice before you can buy directly from the Autoshow.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So I can change the region on Xbox.com and purchase this from the US to my UK account?

I thought the thread about this recommended doing it on the xbox directly? Just go to settings/system and set your region to US, then reboot. Then go to the store and buy it. You'll probably have to add your credit card again (but it will remember it), and add a fake address based in oregon so you don't pay sales tax.

So I recall a thread a while back, with insane anime decals & artwork. Can you share and download those works, or is it that from a previous title?

Not so gutted that I have to wait till Firday, knowing the issues that people are having.

At least this gives them time to fix them for the EU release.

Laws00

There are 200 cars plus barn finds without DLC. If you feel like you need more than that then you'll need to get DLC. IIRC the previous Forza games have had monthly packs with 5 or 6 cars or you could buy each car individually so you probably don't have to buy the season pass, but it's cheaper to do that if you want every car.

The reason why I asked was on a unrelated but related note was that when the Horizon 2 demo came out, I remember reading that season pass or the VIP was dlc was on sale for a certain period of time. Might have missed it but its all good

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm somewhat mad that I couldn't play it last night, but it's not going to sour my experience of the game or anything like that. I'll just dive into the game whenever I get out of classes today!

Thanks.. but I meant when I can start my own up for my friends. I'll check the op though.. it might say what level he was able to unlock that option. Only option not unlocked for me yet.

Only had time to play through the first few races before work. Quick reaction is, despite the issues w/ VIP, getting cars etc, this game is just really really really fun. Can see playing this one for a very long time.

shermas

Bought ultimate.... VIP not working... All DLC costs money to buy in game.... D:

I played for a few minutes this morning, too...

First time I've ever paid for VIP/Day One perks, etc., and it's not working for me, either. XP isn't doubled and I only have 1 car in my garage (the Supra).

Kind of annoyed to pay for this stuff and have it not work.

The game is awesome, just wish all the extras were working.

Top Bottom