• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Resolution (1080p), Framerate (30fps), Music, & More Detailed - IGNF

Kalm

Audio is another obvious focus and we’ll be diving deeper into that later this month. On the topic of music, however, Fulton explains quite a bit of work has gone into ramping up the aural offering in Horizon 2.

“Music is incredibly important to Horizon,” says Fulton. “I think we did a great job in the original Horizon. Our goal for Horizon 2 is to go bigger and broader.”

“We want a soundtrack you can explore in the same way you can explore our world. To that end we’ve doubled the number of radio stations in the game. We’ve doubled the amount of music that we’re going to be shipping with the game on disc.

I missed the first game; is it completely unrealistic to expect a Classical radio station in this?

I want to be driving Stelvio at night in a '65 1800S while listening to Clair de Lune. More than (almost) anything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I missed the first game; is it completely unrealistic to expect a Classical radio station in this?

I want to be driving Stelvio at night in a '65 1800S while listening to Clair de Lune. More than (almost) anything.

Very. Does't fit the festival atmosphere. All the stations that played in the original sounded like stations that would play during a festival like this.

shandy706

This really should just be added to every thread title about this game. I too was upset when I first heard it was cross-gen but obviously it will be a true next gen experience since it is completely different developers.

Yeah, but if you add it to the thread title, then all the fun posts by people that don't read up on games, or even the OP, would go away :(...wait :)

Servbot24

Banned
30FPS? Ugh. Another game I won't be buying.

image.php

just the worst

RyudBoy

Expected 900p, but I'm really happy to know that I was wrong. The game is gonna look, play, and sound fantastic! Can't wait for Friday, bring it on.

I wonder where are those who said " drive club in 30fps ? It´s unplayable for a racing game "

I'm Happy with this 1080p 30fps and will love both DC et FH2 ! :)

h3ro

As long as it's completely locked at 30fps, I'm good. Really nonplussed by the reaction framerate reveals can trigger.

Looking forward to this game. This + DriveClub is going to make for a really fun winter.

Can't wait to hear the soundtrack for the game. Horizon Pulse for life.

Gestault

I wonder if this game will get dogged as much as DC has been for being 30fps.

From personal experience, many of the people totally content with (and actively defending) the framerate for Driveclub used Horizon as one of the examples of why it's a non-issue for them. That's certainly how I feel. There's very little unreasonable divide for the people who actually play these games.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm not an XB1 fan but for me this is fantastic news. 1080p/30fps is acceptable for a racer ... Thank God that's over with.

Silky

Banned
It's an open world racer, get off your high horse.

Burnout Paradise runs at 60FPS.

No high horse. It's just my preference.

So you wont buy Driveclub?

Unfortunately, no.

So which open world games at 60 FPS do you play?

Sleeping Dogs, the SR series, and Crysis 2 are the only open world games I have on my PC that I play frequently. I have plenty more, but I just don't have the time to get through them.

golem

I hope you like dubstep with your Beethoven

Kssio_Aug

1080p/30fps, as long as it have good visuals and gameplay (and Im sure it will), then im happy with it!

And just saying: I defended the same about DriveClub before.

birdman

Horizon 1 was a awesome looking game and played great at 30fps. Keeping the same framerate standard while making everything else look better is just icing on the cake.

shandy706

Of course I do. The ones that run at 60fps.

According to your played games list across the PS3 and 360...you've played a TON of 30fps games.

Heck...you put a truckload of hours into games like Borderlands. I'm pretty sure 30fps is NOT a big deal to you ;).

Suddenly it doesn't matter because but but open world but but weather. A 30fps racing game is a 30fps racing game. No excuse people come up with will change that.

Quit being so hurt over a few idiots. Most of the people that are fine with this are fine with DC. You can dig up mine, and most others, post history here and find that we said exactly that. 30fps, when response time/physics is approached correctly, can be wonderful (especially graphically) in an arcade racer.

Ignore the few crybabies when it comes to racers and frame rate. Horizon proved that 30fps can be excellent. It is possible DC won't do it right, but it's also possible they'll completely nail it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Horizon just has such a more engaging concept at its core imho. There's really not anything new and exciting about slightly emphasized social features for a racing sim.

it does?

Both are 1080p/30
both have developers emphasising 'real lighting'
both have developers talking about 'atmospheric modelling' with clouds etc
both have real star constellations
both have referenced PGR in regards to the handling and gamplay
both have car clubs
both have talked about not needing to be great at the entire race - you can be good at a section and still do well/earn points/XP
DC is constantly comparing your performance against friends etc (like an extended version of motorstorm RC); FH is always online with lots of social stuff
Both are set around real world locations
Both developers have ex-Bizarre guys working there.

Other than that, we haven't seen a ton of detail on FH. To me they have more in common than they have differences.

I'm hugely looking forward to both. IMO it'll be The Crew that'll be potentially damaged by both of these coming out. Wonder if Ubisoft will be tempted to delay that into 2015?

Top Bottom