• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 soundtrack announced

Newlove

Hey Helios, can you say what the track was that you said you had a say in choosing? (So much saying in that sentence).

This seems much bigger than FH1 soundtrack, awesome!

Also I never heard of many of these artists - but with FH1 it helped me discover new bands, and even genres. So I can only hope FH2 will do the same :D

Ferr986

I remember when racing games had soundtracks that I actually enjoyed listening to. Now there's nothing but electronic noise in most anymore. Guess this will be be continuing the trend of muting the music.

c7BSV2h.jpg

Sorry but I hate when people says that electronic music is noise..

HeliosT10

Hey Helios, can you say what the track was that you said you had a say in choosing? (So much saying in that sentence).

Obviously the final decision was up to Rob Da Bank, but after meeting them earlier this year I helped make some initial introductions that resulted in the CHVRCHES song getting onto the soundtrack. Iain from the band is a massive video game fan (as is Martin), he's getting interviewed in Edge magazine next issue in fact..

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine...eatest-game-designer-is-back-at-the-controls/

Newlove

Obviously the final decision was up to Rob Da Bank, but after meeting them earlier this year I helped make some initial introductions that resulted in the CHVRCHES song getting onto the soundtrack. Iain from the band is a massive video game fan (as is Martin), he's getting interviewed in Edge magazine next issue in fact..

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine...eatest-game-designer-is-back-at-the-controls/

Oh wow, I was just about to say The Mother We Share is turning into a favourite on that best of list! Great suggestion. :)

badams

Oh man, soundtrack looks absolutely amazing. Guys at Playground seem to have everything right with this game, improving every single aspect of first Horizon, which was already great.

Night time racing + Delorean Dynamite.

Can't wait!

Certinty

I don't know a lot of that soundtrack but given how good the first soundtrack is, I'm expecting this to be just as good once I do start listening to it

zorbsie

I don't think I knew any of the songs in Horizon 1. Nothing but the classical stuff is jumping out with this one. Having said that, I loved the music in the first game. Listening to some of these songs is getting me so hyped to just drive around in Horizon 2. Can't wait. Forza Horizon was one of the very few racing games where I didn't just turn off the music.

ToiJu

Sorry but I hate when people says that electronic music is noise..
Same thing with people saying that metal music is just noise. Yeah, even as a metal fan I consider some metal music just that, but saying all metal is noise is just showing that they nothing about the genre.

Freeman

Banned
I like that I don't know pretty much anything on the list (outside of the last station) and have no idea what most of those genres are, if I ever play this game at least I'll get to know some new songs.

Amir0x

Banned
Some good, some not so good. I'll make my own soundtrack like I always do for racing games, even if there's no custom soundtrack I'll just pump that shit over my PC speakers >:D

jem0208

“Always (Classixx Remix)” by Panama

ARGH!

Why the remix? The original is so much better. I suppose this version fits with the radio station a bit better.

Eh, I might be able to get used to it.

Damn there is a lot of negativity in this thread though. Overall the soundtrack seems to be excellent, same as last time it seems.

Hip Hop

I'm noticing a clear lack of Hip Hop just like the last damn game.

ugghhh

Guess the first thing I'm doing when I start up that menu in game?

*Music Volume Slider all the way down*

rob305

Seems like an obvious tie-in, too. No custom soundtracks on Xbox One, either, for some reason. I would think well-integrated custom soundtracks would've been standard this gen, but nope. I'd have loved to see a Custom Radio station that uses your music source but also interjects the DJs between songs with chat and in-game discussion. :(

Give it time

RoKKeR

Really big fan of the playlist on Xbox Music. "Nocturne" by Keeno is an incredible tune that I can't wait to drive to.

Jachaos

Ninja Tune radio was a big part of my enjoyment of Sleeping Dogs. It was as much a discovery for me as Sleeping Dogs was and instantly fit the mood of cruising around in the rainy night.

CHVRCHES and Pixies on my Forza Horizon? Aw yiss. Looking forward to being introduced to some new stuff like the first game did for me. Also, I'm one of those who loves listening to the classical music in Burnout Paradise while driving around in multiplayer and I can't wait to do that in this game.

Bsigg12

Would anyone be willing to go through and make a Spotify playlist with all the songs? I just don't have time to do it.

KaYotiX

Banned
Well seeing as most of Forza Horizon 1's music didn't sit well with me until 10+ hours (then it seemed like I loved it all LOL) this will probably do the same.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That might be the lamest soundtrack I've seen to date. Maybe a handful of bands in there worth cruising to. Yeesh.

I'm noticing a clear lack of Hip Hop just like the last damn game.

ugghhh

Guess the first thing I'm doing when I start up that menu in game?

*Music Volume Slider all the way down*
I'd rather have no hip.hop versus a playlist made up of eminem and Macklemore.

T.O.P

Banned
Would anyone be willing to go through and make a Spotify playlist with all the songs? I just don't have time to do it.

Spotify
spotify:user:1132207731:playlist:7a3aZbfY9xphhThFOeA1tA

I included all the songs of the first four stations (Pulse, Bass, XS, Hospital) in the list and will add the rest when I get back from the cinema.

Not all tracks are available on Spotify though.

Living in Germany the Youtube playlists are almost empty.

this dude did :)

SegaShack

Music in the first horizon was awful for those not into "indie" styled music. At least this has classical. Still not getting this cause hate the overworld, story, and setting for Horizon. I just wanna race, not drive to the next level and watch bad cutscenes.

Top Bottom