• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 - Hotwheels Expansion

Tecnniqe

Banned
It ran like garbage on the lowest settings, I'm not trying 4-8 MSAA and complaining about performance like some people.

That's unfortunate. I have the opposite experience. 4k ultra with 4x MSAA and its 62-75fps and it dropped to ~50 in that one major city by the ocean. With the upcoming CPU optimization and more options for PC it might get even better!

That's unfortunate. I have the opposite experience. 4k ultra with 4x MSAA and its 62-75fps and it dropped to ~50 in that one major city by the ocean. With the upcoming CPU optimization and more options for PC it might get even better!

What CPU optimization? A patch? Or some windows malarkey that does nothing?

Tecnniqe

Banned
What CPU optimization? A patch? Or some windows malarkey that does nothing?

We have some significant improvements for Windows 10 players coming at the same time as this new expansion (May 9). These changes include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.

We'll be revealing more details about these at the time of release.

Budi

Not really into racing games, haven't really played one much after Gran Turismo 2. But damn doesn't this look fun!

Tall Paul

Me 3 days ago: I wish they'd announce the next FH3 pack, thing is I don't know what I'd like them to add!
Me Just Now: HOLY CRAP THIS IS WHAT I NEVER KNEW I WANTED!

Forza-Horizon-3-Hot-Wheels-Island-Track.jpg

no-nose-wrestle.gif

zqSHHCW.png

tumblr_inline_muk31veqmI1rrceem.gif

We have some significant improvements for Windows 10 players coming at the same time as this new expansion (May 9). These changes include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.

We'll be revealing more details about these at the time of release.
tumblr_inline_muk325a6T31rrceem.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm going to go in optimistic again just to be disappointed again

I'm ready for another massive letdown

First and last time I buy an ultimate edition for early access on PC. MS 'play anywhere' isn't much value if the game run worse on a decent PC than they do on an Xbox one. Also makes me consider a Scorpio and downgrading my PC, but that feels like rewarding MS for fucking me over

Jumeira

Banned
Best racing game just got....greater! PG went nuts with this didn't they? Looks completely​ bonkers and that's why its so amazing. FZero vibes my god.

This + custom soundtrack = ecstacy

GWX

Man, I was just daydreaming about something: imagine if new Hotwheels islands were actually connected to the main map, and you could see the crazy tracks in the distance from the coast... I know it'll probably work like Blizzard Mountain and Storm Island, with a teleport point on the map, but it's nice to dream. Maybe in Forza Horizon 4's DLC expansions 😎

witness

Omg this is the best thing I've ever seen! Unbelievable! I love when a developer surprises you with something you didn't even know you wanted.

Oneself

We've been lucky with racing game season passes this gen (not with racing games though but still) the two best games (this and Driveclub IMO) got amazing additional content.
I'm curious to see FH3 running on the Scorpio. o_0

Fredrik

Wow, that looks great. How has this not been done before?
It has been done before, in Trackmania for example and it is glorious there too! Stuntcar Racer on the Amiga had crazy loops and jumps too and it was just as awesome there! :)
I just bought FH3 and the blizzard mountain dlc while waiting for this to arrive, downloading now, getting the steering wheel ready, hype rising, can't wait!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow.

Totally left field but the hot wheels track thing is amazing. Do want.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Holy shit this is awesome.

Will probobly juml back into this when Scorpio Launches assuming it gets a patch.

Top Bottom