• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 E3 Recap Thread (24 minutes video, tons of infos… check the OP)

ShapeGSX

TheSeks said:
Car Clubs coming back (seriously, some of you jumping in on F2/3 are really missing out) is the best news from that trailer.

Now bring Point-to-Point and I'd really consider getting a 360 for Forza 4, almost.

Forza 3 had point to point races.

brentech

Yikes, the writer of that article at the bottom answering if the game will be in 720/1080p.
THAT I don't know. I'm assuming it's whatever the standard for Xbox 360 is.
That's not the kind of journalist experience to trust your info from. I'll hold tight for some info from someone that's actually played games recently.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
op_ivy said:
cant say i'll miss either. both are nice for visual variety, but man oh man do i hate night racing and racing in the wet stuff.

As a simulator/racing game Forza 4 SHOULD have rain/night time racing. It's the last big checkmark they have to tick. Against GT5/Project Gotham/etc. it's a pretty glaring ommission. I personally hate night time/rain driving so I don't really care.

saladine1

Amazing graphics,absolutely amazing!
JC taking you through each car in Auto whatever mode is making me hard,very hard...wanna see?

FM4 is going to be epic you sons o beeches...epic I tellz ya!!

G Rom

Ok, updated the OP with the Jalopnik bit and the official screens ! :)
The interiors and engine shots are from the Enzo Ferrari and the 250 TR ! :)

pwWXb.gif

Alot more coming in a bit!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
U n i o n 0015 said:
It was in one of the DLC packs.

Looks like they finally fixed the Ferrari Enzo's nose. I wonder if any other modeling errors were corrected.
Yup I noticed a bit of this as well.

Also, I have a new avatar ready for when avatars go back online :3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
RSTEIN said:
As a simulator/racing game Forza 4 SHOULD have rain/night time racing. It's the last big checkmark they have to tick. Against GT5/Project Gotham/etc. it's a pretty glaring ommission. I personally hate night time/rain driving so I don't really care.

as a feature to check off, it should have it. i thought i'd want it, but shift 2 taught me otherwise.

A new street-legal Zonda is the single best piece of news so far for me, and that's only a slight exaggeration. Hopefully there are more in addition to the Cinque Roadster, but I don't want to get greedy.

They're obviously not going to be using the one million polygon cars for gameplay. Those are probably only for the showroom stuff with one car on screen at a time and photo mode.

mclaren777

I was just looking over IGN's list of game showcases and I noticed that FM4 isn't mentioned.

Does anyone know if there will be an in-depth look at this game during E3?

RSTEIN said:

Turn 10 wants definitive Rain/weather/tod mechanics....

skyfinch

Metalmurphy said:
pwWXb.gif

Alot more coming in a bit!

Damn!

Personally don't care for either night or rain, but I know there are those who do, so would hate to see them leave these out. Night on Le mans would be nice, though.

Nice to see the driver with a different helmet. Just like the gloves, the helmet was so ugly in FM3.

Graphics look top notch. Too bad taking pictures of the highest poly models in photomode will just be compressed to hell like Forza 3. Hope thats not the case.

Mobius 1

Nice shots, glad to see actual screens and no bullshots.

Now they just need to let me preorder the collectors edition.

G Rom

Metalmurphy said:
Too much for it to be g-forces and weight transfer, it's most likely the kinnect feature.

No, no, when I mean more movement, I mean more movement. The camera has a Shift-like tilt at high speed, I'm seeing it in the B-roll movie. ;)

Its ironic how a third party game like MW3 had more airtime than an MGS developed game like Forza 4.

I felt bad for Dan Greenawalt. He had a lot of new things to show but was demoted to a minute and a half trailer :(

benzy

Risk Breaker said:
16 cars * 1 million polygons = 16 millions of polygons per frame
at 60FPS = 960 million polygons per second!!

Turn 10 sure are wizards
of the bullshit, lol

I hope they show new modes and features of the GAMEPLAY. I already have a car game to look at and marvel.

Pretty sure it's going to be just 1 million polygons for the garage/phototravel mode. In-game car polys won't reach anywhere near that high. It's the same bullshit they fed us before. I recall reading "Forza 3 had 10x the polys of Forza 2 cars" for nearly ever PR speech.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
And yeah HORRIBLE compression that shit looks fucking beautiful still..

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Its ironic how a third party game like MW3 had more airtime than an MGS developed game like Forza 4.

I felt bad for Dan Greenawalt. He had a lot of new things to show but was demoted to a minute and a half trailer :(

4 hour event for FM4 tomorrow.

paskowitz

The cockpit view shots are a better representation of what we will actually see in game, however, the textures are very very good. Honestly, graphics have been my biggest problem with FM. They look good, just not real... now they look real. A much needed shift.

In similarities to GT are obvious, but to be honest, visually that is not something that is tied to one game, it just makes the game better.

saladine1

The official forums are getting a major overhaul with some 'surprises' amongst the new format.
They'll release some more pics and info very soon i'm sure.

G Rom

Official (shortened) fact sheet :
Availability: Oct. 11, 2011, in North America; Oct. 14, 2011, in Europe; and Oct. 20, 2011, throughout the rest of world

Features: Top features include the following:

Platform-defining graphics. “Forza Motorsport 4” sets a new graphical standard for the racing genre. Featuring dramatic Hollywood-style camera effects and an all new lighting engine, “Forza Motorsport 4” creates an unparalleled, dramatically realistic graphical experience — all running at a silky-smooth 60 frames per second.

Xbox LIVE showpiece. “Forza Motorsport 4” is making racing more social than ever. Create a Car Club and build the ultimate dream team of drivers, tuners and painters from the “Forza” community. Share your custom cars and dominate the other clubs. With the all-new Rivals Mode, play against your friends whether they are online or not by challenging them for bragging rights and rewards in a variety of different game types.

Industry-leading innovation with Kinect. Autovista Mode brings the automotive experience comes to life. Walk around the car in a virtual showroom, crouch down to look at the details, or open the doors and hood using the power of Kinect. Immerse yourself with Kinect Head Tracking, which pans the camera view based on how you naturally look into the corners when you’re hard charging. Take the virtual wheel with Kinect as you sit on the couch with your friends and family — no controller required. You can even take advantage of Kinect voice control to easily navigate the game’s menu.

More of what you love. With more than 80 manufacturers, the most in any racing game available today, “Forza Motorsport 4” features unrivaled diversity and more of the cars you love. The all new World Tour Mode boasts new tracks, unending choice and hundreds of hours of gameplay as you travel the globe with your favorite car. With the most accurate physics engine, cockpits and damage on every car and assists that allow even the most casual player to race, “Forza Motorsport 4” redefines the genre.

As I said, the screeshots are taken from the B-roll movie, that's why they're badly compressed...

G Rom

BTW, the small dots on the HUD that we saw in the Kinect video the other day seem to be what I speculated, some kind of Shift-like points for drafting, taking turns, etc...

Top Bottom