• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

RoKKeR

Slowly work towards turning all assists off, and then aim for a HUDless display. Racing games are always so much more involving this way, so much more rewarding. Higher levels of concentration are needed but you won't ever learn a track properly with things like the mini-map turned on.

And obviously, if you aren't already: use manual gears with a clutch. It works even with a joypad if you remap the buttons so you can roll your thumb on to the clutch.

I've got all assists off now I believe, but I haven't jumped to clutch yet. I just can't quite get the logic right with a button press clutch, how does it make such a big difference?

SarBear

I've got all assists off now I believe, but I haven't jumped to clutch yet. I just can't quite get the logic right with a button press clutch, how does it make such a big difference?

There's a nasty lag between switching gears when using manual that is not present when properly using manual and clutch. Tenths of a second that can seriously add to a huge difference at the end of a lap. Usually around 1 - 3 seconds on a normal course. Let's not even talk about a longer course like Behemoth.

saladine1

You know, I'm not a big Porsche fan but I must say, I really do miss them in Forza.
Mostly because I miss the sound of that howling flat-6 engine.

Will they be back anytime soon?

zorbsie

9pm.....for a nurb event? What's the class/restrictions??
They are doing a 2.4 hour multiplayer race hopper on the ring. Last weekend was Le Mans it was great. Sim damage is on too, so pitting is a must. It's really awesome but a huge chunk of time. Not sure if this will be multiclass too, but I wouldn't doubt it.

That is 3am for me. Sounds good! Sleep is for the weak.
Dedication! You sir are not fucking around. I'll send you a message as soon as I hop on tonight.

SarBear

They are doing a 2.4 hour multiplayer race hopper on the ring. Last weekend was Le Mans it was great. Sim damage is on too, so pitting is a must. It's really awesome but a huge chunk of time. Not sure if this will be multiclass too, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Dedication! You sir are not fucking around. I'll send you a message as soon as I hop on tonight.

Oh god a hopper......We'll see if I can get my daughter to chill out by then.

p3tran

Banned
Will they be back anytime soon?

back at november I was hoping for a six month exclusivity to nfs rivals, then porsche pack.
but unless porsche pack is the last declared upcoming pack :) (talk about topping the nur announcement) I dont see it happening anymore.
also I think ea said no nfs this season, so I wonder where will porsches hang out to this year..?

RoKKeR

There's a nasty lag between switching gears when using manual that is not present when properly using manual and clutch. Tenths of a second that can seriously add to a huge difference at the end of a lap. Usually around 1 - 3 seconds on a normal course. Let's not even talk about a longer course like Behemoth.

Interesting, I'll try to play around with it a bit today.

And it looks like you guys are doing a big race thing tonight? Is a casual/lurker allowed to join? Haha

Lima

Interesting, I'll try to play around with it a bit today.

And it looks like you guys are doing a big race thing tonight? Is a casual/lurker allowed to join? Haha

Sure why not? You don't even have to race all 2.4 hours really. You can just hang out and talk shit or something.

Devildoll

Oh man, i really suck at making paint jobs.

i managed to make it two tone at least.

icHdWy4eL3cbQ.jpg

Devildoll

oh the ring was today?
Well, i guess i'll tag along

EDIT: I dont think i have lima on live, come to think of it, i dont think i have you either sarbear.
I'm scr0ne if you want to add me.

RoKKeR

Any chance I can join in at the beginning and run to dinner? Don't plan on competing but I think it'd be fun just to be on the track.

GT is RoKKeR IV.

Lima

Such an easy and seamless experience to get everyone in a party and a multiplayer hopper list together.

Thanks Microsoft.

RoKKeR

Such an easy and seamless experience to get everyone in a party and a multiplayer hopper list together.

Thanks Microsoft.
At least we didn't have to wait too long.

That was a lot of fun gents, despite getting torched by pretty much all of you! Chilling, talking games and whatever else while pounding laps on a beautiful track made for a great time.

zorbsie

Fantastic time yesterday fellas. Even getting in a lobby was entertaining. Chatting and driving around for 2.4 hours(2 hours and 40 minutes) was loads of fun.

I wont make the practice round today. Smash into each other for me.

BIGT468

Awesome race on the ring guys, now i have to get some sleep so that i am ready for the ford league later today!
I was elbow deep installing a transfer case in the talon but did get to watch for a bit on your twitch channel from out in the garage and it looked like you guys had a good time.

Spades

Anyone around to try out these stock FF's? I'm thinking of setting up a lobby in 2 hours if people can make it? Add me on XBL (Block Mate) and send me a message if you fancy it! Just do a few races for fun.

frontieruk

Anyone around to try out these stock FF's? I'm thinking of setting up a lobby in 2 hours if people can make it? Add me on XBL (Block Mate) and send me a message if you fancy it! Just do a few races for fun.

I'll be there for that, family will be give yay!

SarBear

Two hours? That I can possibly do. I'm exhausted. I'm gonna take a nap. Lemme know if frontier UK gets himself in the top ten overall in the world.

BIGT468

Im on right now so just send an invite when the room is set up.

Top Bottom