• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

frontieruk

we're not doing tuned if that means that even one of us doesnt like it.
but chances are that cars will behave mucho better if properly setup, making it more fun all across the board.
can you say what you dont like?

I barely have enough time to learn the tracks but to test settings to improve performance when I have no idea what I'm tweaking is just to much, and I know you guys share tunes but they always make the cars feel wrong to me, like hitting auto-upgrade would to those who can tune.

it should go with the consensus, the consensus is the cars need tuning.

Spades

I barely have enough time to learn the tracks but to test settings to improve performance when I have no idea what I'm tweaking is just to much, and I know you guys share tunes but they always make the cars feel wrong to me, like hitting auto-upgrade would to those who can tune.

I'm sure your teammate can help you with a tune dude?

There isn't much to upgrade to get it to S700 aside from putting wider tires, better brakes on and beefing up the engine a bit.

But being able to adjust the aero makes it so much more stable.

p3tran

Banned
hey, I can do an all-out-handling tune for you to test. if you feel oem suits better, we go on with oem.
how does that sound?

zorbsie

I'm with you bud. I'm in the same boat. I usually just dump some weight and change the tires and upgrade the brakes. After that I use whatever PI I have left to make the engine better. It's a real crap shoot. I know there are people here who can tune cars and share the tunes, but I find tunes are very personal. You have to drive like the person who made the tune to be able to take advantage of the tune. Another note upgrades/tunes will make the better drivers even better. 30 minutes races means the guys in the back are probably going to get lapped and that's not fun. Getting bumped off the road while being lapped, also not fun. Just my two cents. I will agree though, the car needs a little help.

With all that being said I'll race on the weekend. If only to get some time away from the madness of the kids. :)

Either way we still have the Mazda races after this series. It's only 3 more races, right spades?

p3tran

Banned
I'm with you bud. I'm in the same boat. I usually just dump some weight and change the tires and upgrade the brakes. After that I use whatever PI I have left to make the engine better. It's a real crap shoot. I know there are people here who can tune cars and share the tunes, but I find tunes are very personal. You have to drive like the person who made the tune to be able to take advantage of the tune. Another note upgrades/tunes will make the better drivers even better. 30 minutes races means the guys in the back are probably going to get lapped and that's not fun. Getting bumped off the road while being lapped, also not fun. Just my two cents. I will agree though, the car needs a little help.

With all that being said I'll race on the weekend. If only to get some time away from the madness of the kids. :)

Either way we still have the Mazda races after this series. It's only 3 more races, right spades?

ok, if two guys say the same, then I guess we should leave as is.
(although both you are wrong :p you can get a neutral tune, much more neutral than oem handling, just put fat tires and turn aero sliders to the right and test yourselves if/how much better)

only one thing zorbs: when you say "the Mazda races", you mean the v8 mx5's series , right? :D

Spades

There are a few publicly available S700 tunes that are very very nice to drive. I'm happy either way, but you should all check a few out before disregarding them. I'd be very surprised if you found the car harder to drive with a tune than without it.

As I said though, if people are against changing then we'll leave it as it is.

frontieruk

I mean if were going to be talking about advantages from tunes you can make the same argument for assist being on.

Except the guys with assists on probably need them on, and generally the better drivers find they actually slow them down. But you can make that argument.

Knocked two seconds off a lap of Long Beach using auto-clutch without really trying. Never bothered with it on F4 as I had a H shifter, crazy how much slower manual w/o clutch is.

A bit more!

14573227493_e7c8e582ea_h.jpg

14366527238_f35efdd09f_h.jpg

14551550744_a18d842a24_h.jpg

14549720701_897c98477a_h.jpg

14662478031_d7568f10c9_h.jpg

14665805675_94f9230160_h.jpg

14479122530_7dc54090d8_h.jpg

14479053429_f83cef60db_h.jpg

14665694945_33176e205d_h.jpg

14663414154_735d0a02c2_h.jpg

14479052589_52ed09c286_h.jpg

14665331972_43a1769c5e_h.jpg

And a bit of randomness:

14642701186_4509afcaf5_h.jpg

p3tran

Banned
Hilarious. I'm sure everyone knows by now, but I have absolutely no idea how to tune.

yeah, thats true. what is also true, is that you are the best when searching and finding the most proper tunes for each case :p

and since we talk about tuning, today I had a little bit of appetite, and I fixed a very-very respectable vw golf for B class.
I think its very competitive, other that a blast to drive, as I took a 200 spot on nurF1 (2:12:x) and equivalent in Long Beach full (1:28 flat)

and the best part is it did these times upon the first time I test it, and that was in multiplayer racing too.
vw gti's are for sure not your typical leaderboard car, but I think my humble r32 has surprised a lot of people already 8)
maybe I will finetune a bit at some point, but already car is good enough, so I'm putting it up.
those of you who'd like to race a vw sometimes and not get embarrassed, here's your key

sMob7vv.jpg

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274792368218&gamertag=P3tran&vid=6b4ca5e8-4c58-4f3b-95e8-910282554fd8

search for custom description "CarWorks R32 Stage 2" or by my name in creator field.
if you try it, be sure to let me know what you think :)

edit: great pics Jorge! especially like the old alfa in the mountain 8)

Megasoum

Banned
You guys playing with a TX wheel in here, what setting are you using ingame and on the wheel? I'm running with the settings suggested by Darring of ISR right now and it's all right but I'm wondering if it could be better.

For road cars and old race cars:

900°
0 deadzone
100% vibration
100% force feedback

Sensitivity

+1 (less sensitive)

Can't decide on settings for modern race cars as force feedback and wheel weight changes at lower rotation so 270°-400°, rest of settings the same as before except sensitivity which I haven't played around with yet.

When changing rotation set it to whatever° and drop right back to the title screen or else the steering gets all screwed up.

Megasoum

Banned
For road cars and old race cars:

900°
0 deadzone
100% vibration
100% force feedback

Sensitivity

+1 (less sensitive)

Can't decide on settings for modern race cars as force feedback and wheel weight changes at lower rotation so 270°-400°, rest of settings the same as before except sensitivity which I haven't played around with yet.

When changing rotation set it to whatever° and drop right back to the title screen or else the steering gets all screwed up.

When you say +1 for sensitivity, is it one click on right paddle or one click of left paddle?

Megasoum

Banned
I'm really loving the game so far (I've been playing since saturday).

My only complaint is that I really wish they would bring back some of the fictional tracks from past games. IMO Forza always had the best fictional tracks and I really miss Maple Valley, Sunset Peninsula and even Camino (some parts were a bit meh but the idea of a voltron style super circuit using 3 smaller circuits was amazing).

RaceManIak

Neo Member
I'm really loving the game so far (I've been playing since saturday).

My only complaint is that I really wish they would bring back some of the fictional tracks from past games. IMO Forza always had the best fictional tracks and I really miss Maple Valley, Sunset Peninsula and even Camino (some parts were a bit meh but the idea of a voltron style super circuit using 3 smaller circuits was amazing).

Maple Valley was the Mosport I never had in a video game.

Megasoum

Banned
So I just started playing the game a couple of days ago so I haven't really followed the news lately.

Do we know if there's anything more coming in the future as far as DLC cars or tracks?

I will probably buy the car pass at some point this week. I'm looking forward to the hour of buying free cars in the menu! lol.

Spades

Destiny Beta is now live on Xbox One, so if any of "the regulars" still need a code, PM me and I'll send one over - I have two spares.

This is probably the best place to put this but sorry to Zorbs and Ptran for not having my mic on. I should be back on later today.

Btw, I have two codes if anyone on Forza GAF is interested.

BIGT468

This is probably the best place to put this but sorry to Zorbs and Ptran for not having my mic on. I should be back on later today.

Btw, I have two codes if anyone on Forza GAF is interested.

If you still have an extra I would appreciate it.I had a buddy call me earlier to see if I had one but I had already gave away my other two.

Spades

Who is around on Sunday fellas? We'll keep it to stock this week and have a chat about it before/during/after the race at Spa.

saladine1

You know, after all these years driving the virtual Ring, I still have no fucking clue.

It would have been nice for Turn 10 to cut the track up into sections in order to get a better grasp of the track like they did previously.
Don't know why they chose not to do this...

On another topic, does anyone (petran) know whether a racing suspension upgrade on a rear live axle vehicle converts the car into IRS?
Or is it just a solid axle upgraded to race spec?

Cushen

Neo Member
If someone could take over the #19 WestJet that would be great. Something came up after the 2nd week and it takes up a lot of time during my weekends. I don't want to lose points for my team, so if someone wants it, it's all yours. Thanks.

If someone could take over the #19 WestJet that would be great. Something came up after the 2nd week and it takes up a lot of time during my weekends. I don't want to lose points for my team, so if someone wants it, it's all yours. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about your team, your teammate is not around either.

Back to work.

Yeah Boy!!!!

Amazon FINALLY had the T3PA pedals in stock, placed an order for 1 day delivery, so I will get them on Monday or maybe even tomorrow since I sometimes get Sunday delivery from Amazon.

Winnie-the-Pooh.gif

saladine1

I have to say a job well done Turn 10 with the simulation of turbo lag.
That was a complaint of mine in FM4 in that it really didn't seem like lag was even present. However, FM5 really does a good job in conveying this now.
Great work!

Spent yesterday at the Silverstone Classic, pretty damn good for £60.

Some of the races were so Forza-like, made me smile.

Oh and please fix the F40's tail lights, at no angle under blazing sunlight did they ever look as transparent as Forza's.

Top Bottom