• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

c0de

Or its his work to communicate with the community and hype people up/advertise the game. There's nothing wrong with that but I'll have to see for myself if I'll end up disappointed or not, playing the game is the best way to find that out even though the bullet points we have right now seem very appealing.

I think his point was that people were constantly moaning about Forza not having weather or races at different times of day. We all can always take arbitrary points and say “I don't like that, me disappoint“.

It's not, "Tales from my ass".

We already know Turn 10 has been working with DX12 for a while now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1lHeLN1UGs

What is the problem with a little hyping up DX12? It will bring performance improvements and those can push the hardware just enough to enable things that previously we're not possible.

When Phil said DX12 improvements would vary based on each/game developer you'd have to think the biggest gains (regardless of how small they end up being) will obviously be on the games and engine developed exclusively for Xbox One, its always how it works for exclusives.

Fox Mulder

Forza 6(Day One)

450+ cars (+217+ cars)

26 environments (+12 environments)

Forza 5(Day One)

233 cars (-300 cars)

14 environments (-10 environments)

Forza 4(Day One)

533 cars

24 environments

I'm happy they made the tough choice to cut content in F5 to bring things up to a new standard.

Forza Motorsport 5 had a DX12 demo on PC's to show off what it can do.

So what? Are you guys expecting a magic new GPU with DX12? Phil Spencer already said that DX12 wont make a difference on XboxOne. DX12 is a PC thing.

And people really should forget about it already. Its getting really annoying.

Btw Reddit is salty that you didnt credit them @OP

FordGTGuy

Banned
When Phil said DX12 improvements would vary based on each/game developer you'd have to think the biggest gains (regardless of how small they end up being) will obviously be on the games and engine developed exclusively for Xbox One, its always how it works for exclusives.

Well you also need to take into account the games that rely more on CPU power. Forza is a title that can always use more CPU power and even a 10% jump enables a lot of things for them.

Most of what DX12 is bringing for Xbox One is proper CPU communication.

OrangeOak

I hope we will se some returning tacks like Maple Valley and Suzuka as well as some new to the series tracks.

This and hopefully they don't overuse the fact they now include weather and night racing.

Driveclub while a great game, some of the Tour packs have an overabundance of night time + weather events.

Generally in real life racing strong weather is sign for the race to be postponed due to the weather.

I don't mind Night Racing, as it is present in the 24 hour events such as LeMans, however Night Time Racing during a Strong Rain are two combinations I can live without.

Yes, I personally don't really care for night racing if it isn't delivered in form of day/night cycle.

Fox Mulder

Perhaps Helios should be allowed to drop us a few lines before the whole discussion leads to people believing the game will really run at 50fps and a resolution of 1080px which already overcharges people.

that's a nice way to force a reveal after a leak like this. People assume it's worse than it is and they'll have to say something about it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So what? Are you guys expecting a magic new GPU with DX12? Phil Spencer already said that DX12 wont make a difference on XboxOne. DX12 is a PC thing.

What are you talking about? DX12 has a wealth of new features that can be used. Just because it will not make a performance difference does not mean it will not make a visual difference.

I saw someone tweet it out which was then RT'd and appeared on my timeline, I didn't see it on Reddit but I will add it now

FordGTGuy

Banned

No he didn't, that's a load of bull.

PCars devs already stated that DX12 could give them a further 7% or more performance boost and their game wasn't even built with it in mind.

Phil Spencer said that there will be a performance improvement to games using DX12 but it won't be dramatic. He also said that the exact improvement depends on the game.

1080p 60fps

tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif

Awesome.

So looks like the 50fps 1080px was down to translation error.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You know what, with the mention of "ForzaTech" I'm thinking they scrapped the original engine altogether and this is brand new. I can't really see the old engine pushing weather/night so that would make the most sense.

Now I'm actually getting excited.

flashmouth

Neo Member
Drivatars again too?
Playing against ai that wanted to crash into you was alarming at times.

I'm actually glad about it, although they're always a little bumpy in the first corners of a race, they really put up a good fight later on if you set their difficutly high. what made it frustrating were the short races, 2-3 rounds just wasn't enough to fight them clean and go for the win.
I'm sure they will add some improvements to make them even better in FM6.

No he didn't, that's a load of bull.

PCars devs already stated that DX12 could give them a further 7% or more performance boost and their game wasn't even built with it in mind.

Phil Spencer said that there will be a performance improvement to games using DX12 but it won't be dramatic. He also said that the exact improvement depends on the game.

I give it up... you are really expecting too much. And im tired about DX12 discussions. You should accept the Xbone Hardware for what it is.

Taking every buzzword Microsoft throws around, wont change the Hardware. Feels like reddit sometimes. People there are hyping DX12 like its a new revision of XboxOne.

what is with the putting words in people's mouths? Maybe slow down on the witch hunt and let people speculate.

SgtCobra

DX12 on Xbox One is there to make the development of a game easier and to get certain things out of the console in a more efficient way, it will not add more p's or frames than what is possible with the hardware, I thought this was already known.
I think his point was that people were constantly moaning about Forza not having weather or races at different times of day. We all can always take arbitrary points and say “I don't like that, me disappoint“.
So it's more of a feature thing? Okay.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I give it up... you are really expecting too much. And im tired about DX12 discussions. You should accept the Xbone Hardware for what it is.

Taking every buzzword Microsoft throws around, wont change the Hardware. Feels like reddit sometimes. People there are hyping DX12 like its a new revision of XboxOne.

Oh c'mon, don't be so silly.

Don't come out here and make a claim like Phil Spencer said DX12 will do nothing for Xbox One and not expect to get called out for it. No one here is claiming some huge improvement but 15% would be awesome if possible!

Also, you're on a professional and mature gaming forum, don't sit there and act as if new hardware is required for software to increase performance of a console.

Xbox 360 and PS3 had the same hardware at launch as they did at the end of the generation yet Halo 4 and Last of Us will stay play on launch systems.

Do they really want to throw themselves into that controversy?

They could talk around it. Sort of like how when Forza got the TG licence and Gran Turismo had to remove their Top Gear stuff / not mention it in promotional stuff.

So instead of having "Top Gear Test Track" you can now race on the "Dunsfold Aerodrome"

leeh

Seriously?

We all understand there's hardware caps, and know the numbers of the X1. That doesn't deny the fact that it we will get performance improvements from DX12, and since it's a heavily CPU reliant genre, it will be a good candidate for it. If it's anything like last generation, look at the visual leap from FM 2 > 3.

Holy cow though, am so hype for this.

Hopefully the drivatar's this time around are not clowns in fast cars, the real drivatar stuff was and still is in forza 1.

Top Bottom