• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

RdN

By wet races can I assume it's rain? Or it's only going to be wet tracks, like after it's rained?

Night races are a very welcome addition.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Here's hoping that they've done a major overhaul to the career, menus, upgrading and tuning too.

sounds like static time and static weather still.

that's all they can add after 5 full fledged games?

Not sure how it can be "static weather still" when Motorsport has never had weather before.

How many locked 60 fps racing games are there out there?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh c'mon, don't be so silly.

Don't come out here and make a claim like Phil Spencer said DX12 will do nothing for Xbox One and not expect to get called out for it. No one here is claiming some huge improvement but 15% would be awesome if possible!

Also, you're on a professional and mature gaming forum, don't sit there and act as if new hardware is required for software to increase performance of a console.

Xbox 360 and PS3 had the same hardware at launch as they did at the end of the generation yet Halo 4 and Last of Us will stay play on launch systems.

I doubt this has anything to do with DX12 and more to do with better Xbox OS capabilities (in dropping Kinect and allowing more horsepower for devs) and dropping or drastically rehauling the old engine.

So what in god's name is ForzaTech?
Fake edit: Ah, it's the name of the engine. No need to make it so cheesy and PR'd up, guys. I don't look forward to the mash-up videos of people saying "ForzaTech" on stage over and over and over again at E3 like we got "Drivatar" silliness.
And seriously, how many actual racing events take place during significant daylight changes?
Almost all the most epic ones? Even 6 or 4hr races result in a lot of change in light. A ton of the fun from time progression comes from turning it on for fun while practicing or online, though. Never mind it also being a great way to show off how gorgeous your game is. Sim-sims can give different performance at night from colder tyres but I wouldn't expect that out of something on the Forza/GT tier.

Once you experience full time/weather progression you will absolutely never go back and racers without it will feel naked. That said, it's still an improvement to have night/rain, so it's hard to complain here.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I doubt this has anything to do with DX12 and more to do with better Xbox OS capabilities (in dropping Kinect and allowing more horsepower for devs) and dropping or drastically rehauling the old engine.

You can't just count out one thing and replace it with another....

It's going to be a combination of things.

A proper SDK(Forza 5 was developed on a pre-launch SDK), most likely forward plus rendering(Which hopefully means MSAA) and definitely being the first DX12 title in the franchise.

Why are people so resistant to DX12?

hesido

Yes, games can run at 50fps, why not? Majority of displays can do 50/60. If a game is achieving 52-58 all the time, why not go PAL?

sounds like static time and static weather still.

that's all they can add after 5 full fledged games?

Turn10 don't like to continually re-use content, they rescan all the tracks again (hence why 5 was a light on environments), it clearly shows in the OP they recreated all the cars, 24 players now which is obviously referring to online, some of engine upgrade, either heavily modified or brand new.

Sounds like a pretty big improvement to me.

Here's hoping that they've done a major overhaul to the career, menus, upgrading and tuning too.

Not sure how it can be "static weather still" when Motorsport has never had weather before.

How many locked 60 fps racing games are there out there?

dry/sunny is technically a weather.

Hawk269

I am a long time Forza and I love the sound of all of this, but I am pretty confident they will not have dynamic weather and dynamic time of day. I would love it if they could but 1080p and 60fps with the physics engine they run and now 24 vehicles, it is going to be static, which in itself is a big change for the series.

26 environments is fantastic and one of the things wanted the most from the next version of the game.

Bgamer90

Banned
It was so much worse than that awesome music in Forza 3 and 4. It's like it was done in a last minute before launch.

I remember Forza Motorsport 2 having N.E.R.D.. I wish they would go back to having soundtracks like that (even if it may be more appropriate for the Forza Horizon series).

Semantics.

no it isn't. it's as clear as anything else. static weather is just that. weather is static and does not change. always dry, always wet.

you're the one hung up on semantics since the point of my post wasn't whether there was weather or not. never had any dynamic weather, never had any other weather besides dry/sunny which are all true.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You can't just count out one thing and replace it with another....

It's going to be a combination of things.

A proper SDK(Forza 5 was developed on a pre-launch SDK), most likely forward plus rendering(Which hopefully means MSAA) and definitely being the first DX12 title in the franchise.

Why are people so resistant to DX12?

I mean, I think it'll do great things on Windows, but I'm less inclined to believe it'll lead to major improvements on the Xbox side of things. We'll see!

FordGTGuy

Banned
It was so much worse than that awesome music in Forza 3 and 4. It's like it was done in a last minute before launch.

The music in Forza 5 was done in order to take advantage of dynamic music. If you drove faster than the music would also get faster and if you drove slower the music would tone down. Clearly Killer Instinct did a much better job than Forza 5 when implementing this.

OrangeOak

I actually liked it :(

It's just my opinion :)
I liked maybe one or two tracks and all the rest was really tiresome especially after some more hours spent with the game.
That singing lady was just terrible.

The music Forza 5 is was done in order to take advantage of dynamic music. If you drove faster than the music would also get faster and if you drove slower the music would tone down. Clearly Killer Instinct did a much better job than Forza 5 when implementing this.

I didn't knew about it because I am driving without music but it sounds nice. I was talking about menu music.

I mean, I think it'll do great things on Windows, but I'm less inclined to believe it'll lead to major improvements on the Xbox side of things. We'll see!

I think regardless of DX12, given what Forza achieved at launch and the changes to the SDK since, there will be big improvements due to a variety of things, we're already seeing an extra 50% of cars on track for races, as one example (unless of course all this is wrong, which I'm confident it isn't)

PSGames

My biggest complaint with F5 was the god-awful aliasing. That should be priority number one and I hope it's fixed.

flashmouth

Neo Member
So what can we actually see on the screens (tracks, cars, anything)?

Could it be Monza or Mugello with the Ferrari, GT cars on Road America and hypercars at Rio remake?

golem

Would love to see dynamic weather, have storms roll in and out, force tire changes etc

Also #prayingforporsche

Seanspeed

Banned
Turn10 gets props for committing to the one technical aspect that matters above all in a racer: 60fps.
Let's hope that holds up with these new inclusions.

Shame if performances first priority(which is what you want in a sim racer) takes a backseat because of all the whining for these checklist features.

Noobcraft

Shame if performances first priority(which is what you want in a sim racer) takes a backseat because of all the whining for these checklist features.
Playground didn't sacrifice locked 30 for dynamic Tod/weather despite Horizon 2 being open world. I think T10 deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

p3tran

Banned
Don't mean to brag, but I think I posted it first in FM5 OP
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=166671340#post166671340

And I didn't get it from reddit, found it myself looking for some info on Forzatech on Google last 24h.

correct, I read this from you then I did my topic, which btw is "hardware-talk" free (ie forbidden)

but I have a q: are you japanese? if not, I'd like to know why the fuck where you searching xbox.jp in the first place :D

that aint gonna happen Sean, and you know it. performance will be perfect as usual.

golem

T10 has always been committed to a rock solid 60, unlike the "60" fps of other racers. Not too worried about that.

Top Bottom