• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Noobcraft

The rear wing you can put on the semi is awesome lol.

Edit: Pics
screenshot-original79jky.png

screenshot-originall4kus.png

screenshot-originaltkjbr.png

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
On the one hand, did they really waste two slots in this DLC for a race truck and an Isetta?

On the other hand, they put in the McLaren 570S and Mario Andretti's Indy 500 winner. Will download for those two.

On the one hand, did they really waste two slots in this DLC for a race truck and an Isetta?

On the other hand, they put in the McLaren 570S and Mario Andretti's Indy 500 winner. Will download for those two.

Why a waste? Truck racing is a really popular motorsport in Europe. If we can have left-turning oval racing barges in the game we can have other unlikely racing vehicles from outside the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnl4ETfg8Pw

We need to be able to restrict free play races to the Truck, or at least have a specific Truck lobby.

It's great the game now can restrict by various classes, but there are so many vehicles that don't fit in them. We need more added. And the option to limit to player vehicle.

It's also tricky that the class isn't always obvious, it should be shown on the car select screen.

What a cool couple of surprises!

It's great the game now can restrict by various classes, but there are so many vehicles that don't fit in them. We need more added. And the option to limit to player vehicle.

It's also tricky that the class isn't always obvious, it should be shown on the car select screen.

You're so right, not labeling the car's class or having the options to just choose race against a field of the same car is a daft oversight.

danowat

Banned

At the risk of appearing stupid, I still can't figure out how to restrict free play races to a specific class.

Is it a case of using the required career playlist from the free play setup menu?, and if so, does that mean you can only run on the tracks from that playlist?

At the risk of appearing stupid, I still can't figure out how to restrict free play races to a specific class.

Is it a case of using the required career playlist from the free play setup menu?, and if so, does that mean you can only run on the tracks from that playlist?

Class and Division are in the free play game options.

Oh do you mean why they mix classes within a PI range? I dunno why that happens.

terrible

Banned
Class as in PI class and division as in?

Any chance someone could do a screen grab showing where they are?, I'm sure I am blind.....

1OWsP4g.png

Division as in 70s Grand Prix, Can Am, Classic Compact, etc. It's pretty cool but they still should've just let us customize the field fully ourselves.

Can-Am is the selected division in my screenshot.

danowat

Banned
Division as in 70s Grand Prix, Can Am, Classic Compact, etc. It's pretty cool but they still should've just let us customize the field fully ourselves.

Can-Am is the selected division in my screenshot.

Many thanks for that, I'll have to have a look again tonight, but I am sure I scoured that screen the other day when I was trying to set up a WTCC / BTCC race and couldn't see it!

Quite why they didn't give the Truck a division is beyond me.

danowat

Banned
:p

Weren't you one of the guys (along with me) who posted in the FM.net thread/petition about that feature? Pretty sure you were. lol

Yeah, I remember I did, but I hadn't played FM6 for quite a while till recently, I never got round to trying to use it when it was added!

Heh, I did the same, had a bit of buyers remorse when I found that you can't have a field of trucks though :-/

Yeah, I mean I thought the last thing Forza needs right now is more cars.

Tracks, options, tweaks...not more bleeding cars but the novelty of the Isetta and truck is hard to ignore.

Can you not create a lobby and use just trucks?

Pretty sure the option is there but you're limited to a half-dozen Drivatars max.

danowat

Banned
Yeah, I mean I thought the last thing Forza needs right now is more cars.

Tracks, options, tweaks...not more bleeding cars but the novelty of the Isetta and truck is hard to ignore.

Can you not create a lobby and use just trucks?

Pretty sure the option is there but you're limited to a half-dozen Drivatars max.

No, the truck has no division, so no way of restricting it to just the truck.

Oh I thought creating an online race let's you choose the AI. Can't test it now as the game won't let me connect for some reason.

Quite nice when choosing the Isetta in free play the whole field uses them. Expected some VW Type 2's chucked in there too but they weren't.

danowat

Banned
Oh I thought creating an online race let's you choose the AI. Can't test it now as the game won't let me connect for some reason.

Quite nice when choosing the Isetta in free play the whole field uses them. Expected some VW Type 2's chucked in there too but they weren't.

Ah, yeah, that might be an option.

Tried it and cannot get AI drivers to select the truck no matter what I do. Forcing a start regardless just leaves the game loading forever.

What a mess.

They can do rain and fantastic lighting on the night tracks yet, doing single make races besides some exceptions (choosing the indy carset in free race) is still largely missing.

Baffling.

That is the worst thing about T10 and PG. Presumably because they're on such a tight schedule, we rarely get those kind of quality of life improvements.

We did get the free play update, which is cool and I'm thankful, but even that was just enough. But I guess it's this kind of focus that lets them deliver like they do.

I won't bitch too much because Forza and Forza Horizon to me are unlike anything else available, but I do wonder what these games would be like if they got true post-release support.

danowat

Banned
That is the worst thing about T10 and PG. Presumably because they're on such a tight schedule, we rarely get those kind of quality of life improvements.

We did get the free play update, which is cool and I'm thankful, but even that was just enough. But I guess it's this kind of focus that lets them deliver like they do.

I won't bitch too much because Forza and Forza Horizon to me are unlike anything else available, but I do wonder what these games would be like if they got true post-release support.

I would understand if it was something that would take a lot of time, surely letting us restrict the AI to a certain car isn't that hard, I'm sure you could do it in (a) previous versions.

Echoing the thoughts in here that the gird selection setup is in dire need of a fix; the current system is far too restrictive for a car roster as diverse as FM6's.

I would understand if it was something that would take a lot of time, surely letting us restrict the AI to a certain car isn't that hard, I'm sure you could do it in (a) previous versions.

In a private lobby, IIRC. Why we couldn't simply have those options offline as well is beyond me.

For stuff that falls more under UI improvement than actual gameplay changes, they should just let people vote what they want next (I assume there already is a big pool of requests like the single-make option, auto-set division to current car, better replay controls, show displacement of engines again, allow rival drag racing and a ton of other stuff). Maybe do it from the Forza Hub app, more people will use it that way.

Mascot

For stuff that falls more under UI improvement than actual gameplay changes, they should just let people vote what they want next (I assume there already is a big pool of requests like the single-make option, auto-set division to current car, better replay controls, show displacement of engines again, allow rival drag racing and a ton of other stuff). Maybe do it from the Forza Hub app, more people will use it that way.

It might not be lack of foresight or basic understanding of how people want to play the game, it might be for technical reasons, eg maybe internal testing showed that the AI went crazy with a grid full of trucks, or the framerate dipped. Ovals in pCARS were apparently finished but never released due to the AI going fubar.

I don't think it's because they don't know. Fans on FM.net (not just disgruntled gamers on sites like GAF) talk about this stuff all the time.

At any rate, I just ordered my 1070! Should get here next week. Can't wait to play around with Apex.

terrible

Banned
I don't think it's because they don't know. Fans on FM.net (not just disgruntled gamers on sites like GAF) talk about this stuff all the time.

At any rate, I just ordered my 1070! Should get here next week. Can't wait to play around with Apex.

Jealous! I'll probably end up with an RX 480 unless I get really impatient since it's always sold out.

I was considering the Nitro+ 480 too, but I'm pretty sure at this point I'm not buying a Scorpio or Neo, so I figured I'd splurge so I can upgrade my resolution at some point.

zorbsie

Skinner I want a 1070 too. You'll have to let me know how you like it when it arrives. Hoping it won't be too expensive in Canada. Maybe I'll just wait for the 1060. That will probably be closer to my budget. I just want to check out Apex on my PC so badly. :)

OT kind of, went to the Toronto Indy today. Missed the actual IndyCars but did get to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells. Helios, if you are taking requests for tracks, please consider the Toronto Indy road course. Here is a few pics of the days events. Trucks were my favourite. They even had 2 jumps they went off of. Just Crazy. If the pics are too much I can always make them links.

Turn 10
torontoindy_turn10x9u43.jpg

NASCAR Pinty's Series
img_1784x1uv7.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada
img_1786qfuj9.jpg

Stadium Super Trucks
img_1805jyuyk.jpg

img_1810pyu8q.jpg

terrible

Banned
Yeah that and Mosport Park needs to be in a game like Forza ASAP. Mosport is in iRacing and rFactor 2 has Mosport and the Honda Indy as mod tracks but they don't even come close to looking as polished as the tracks in Forza. Turn 10 would do them justice.

Top Bottom