• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Eyothrie

Anyone know why this game just showed up as one of the games available to download on my Xbox one? I didn't pay for it, and it's not the demo. 49.95gb. I don't think I've even gone to the Store page for this game before. So weird!

The supporting update that came alongside the expansion was enough for me to keep enjoying the base game as is. The proximity sensors when in cockpit cam was a godsend.

Sordid

Is there any way to force Forza Rewards to update all of your stats? It seems to be updating some but not others, I downloaded Apex to boost my tier before FH3 and it's tracking some stuff but it hasn't updated my gamerscore for a while. I'll never hit the 8th tier at this rate 😱

Lima

Is there any way to force Forza Rewards to update all of your stats? It seems to be updating some but not others, I downloaded Apex to boost my tier before FH3 and it's tracking some stuff but it hasn't updated my gamerscore for a while. I'll never hit the 8th tier at this rate 😱

No. My FF presents Horizon 2 is stuck at 494/500 since I completed it and it hasn't updated ever since. A lot of people have the same problem. I even tried to message Helios but he never responded and there is no Turn10 support that you can contact. It's the only thing that would stop me from getting all points for all Forza games.

Sordid

No. My FF presents Horizon 2 is stuck at 494/500 since I completed it and it hasn't updated ever since. A lot of people have the same problem. I even tried to message Helios but he never responded and there is no Turn10 support that you can contact. It's the only thing that would stop me from getting all points for all Forza games.

Ah, that sucks. I'll probably stop trying now then, cheers for letting me know dude.

xrnzaaas

I've recently bought FM6 and I have a question - anyone else having problems with the brakes constantly locking up? I think it's the XONE controller having a very sensitive left trigger and I just press it too hard (very easy to reach 80-100% braking strength when I look at the telemetry). I've lowered the brakes pressure and changed the deaccelaration dead zones in the settings to 0-100, but it helped me only in a limited way. I know FH2 is an arcade game, but I don't have the same problem there despite driving with ABS turned off.

I've recently bought FM6 and I have a question - anyone else having problems with the brakes constantly locking up? I think it's the XONE controller having a very sensitive left trigger and I just press it too hard. I've lowered the tyre pressure and changed the deaccelaration dead zones in the settings, but it helped me only in some way. I know FH2 is an arcade game, but I don't have the some problem there despite turning off ABS.

It's the triggers because I use the 360 pad for Apex on PC and it's very similar to Forza 4 which was far better.

I agree it's ridiculous how easy the brakes lock up when using Xbox One pad and I have to use ABS because of it.

danowat

Banned
I've recently bought FM6 and I have a question - anyone else having problems with the brakes constantly locking up? I think it's the XONE controller having a very sensitive left trigger and I just press it too hard (very easy to reach 80-100% braking strength when I look at the telemetry). I've lowered the brakes pressure and changed the deaccelaration dead zones in the settings to 0-100, but it helped me only in a limited way. I know FH2 is an arcade game, but I don't have the same problem there despite driving with ABS turned off.

It's just the way the braking works on FM6, unfortunately.

Touchy brakes are a thing in FM6, i have a Thrustmaster TX and the brake is also touchy, brake upgrades to adjust brake pressure is a good workaround

I've recently bought FM6 and I have a question - anyone else having problems with the brakes constantly locking up? I think it's the XONE controller having a very sensitive left trigger and I just press it too hard (very easy to reach 80-100% braking strength when I look at the telemetry).

I put race brakes on every car and turn brake pressure down to 70-85%.

Interestingly the game agrees with doing this-- watch the computed stopping distances on the left decrease as you bring it down. Some cars also seem to have local minima, so the stopping distances may go down until 95% (made up number), then up, then down again.

Interestingly the game agrees with doing this-- watch the computed stopping distances on the left decrease as you bring it down. Some cars also seem to have local minima, so the stopping distances may go down until 95% (made up number), then up, then down again.

I mean, it can make sense depending on brake bias, how much downforce the car develops at what speed, how much weight is shifted to the front and at what rate it is shifted. The variations seem too high though.
I also don't get Forza's brake-bias in the tuning settings. Why is the brake-bias almost always 50:50? Is that to supposed to be the front-rear pressure ratio on the brake calipers and not the actual brake force ratio? That information is pretty useless as the disc-sizes are usually chosen to make a production car front heavy under braking to induce understeer and make braking safer and more predictable.

I made these brake distance comparisons, between games. For Forza 6 I turned ABS off and decreased the brake pressure, just like described in the posts above until the tuning-menu showed the shortest distance (from a Huayra):
forza6tzsoc.png
Maybe, if I turned ABS on again (because I can't brake perfectly with ABS off or I would need 20 attempts for each dataset), and tried different settings for brake pressure, from 100% down to below "ideal", I would get some actually curvy deceleration graphs - I mean the speed/second graph that is more or less just a line with that ideal brake pressure indicated by the tuning menu.

Usually I have fun doing stuff like that, but the repetition would annoy me a little.
Does anyone know some extreme cases? Cars that have local minima and also very low ideal brake pressures?

xrnzaaas

I've got one more question about the career mode (Volumes)... is there a quick way to check what are the vehicle requirements for a certain championship? I constantly end up buying some upgrades only to find out they're illegal and I have to remove them or that the car needs to be upgraded by an entire class to be competetive.

danowat

Banned
I'm not sure why, but FH3 is the first Forza game I'm not excited for, probably won't get it at launch, what's that all about?

Noobcraft

Just wanted to mention here, if you are in preview and want to join ForzaGAF, I'll need some way of knowing whether you're a member of Gaf or not before I'll let you in to the club. Messaging your gaf name to me on xbl or PMing me your GT here if it isn't visible on gaf are the best ways to do it.

frontieruk

Just wanted to mention here, if you are in preview and want to join ForzaGAF, I'll need some way of knowing whether you're a member of Gaf or not before I'll let you in to the club. Messaging your gaf name to me on xbl or PMing me your GT here if it isn't visible on gaf are the best ways to do it.

Pfft you should just invite forzagaf off your friends list they are your only friends right??? RIGHT?? ;)

Noobcraft

For a new page:
If you want to join the ForzaGAF club (currently in preview), make sure you let either Zorbsie or myself know which gamertag you want to join with so we can invite you/accept your invite request for the club! The best way to do this is to shoot a PM here on gaf or to have your GT associated with your gaf account and post in this thread that you want in. It is also helpful to request an invitation on the club page so we can verify you are on GAF.

Thanks!

Top Bottom