• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport demo was captured on PC not XSX as stated in the trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think its important that they confirm 60 fps and raytracing in game on series x.

I guess they still haven't done that yet?

Banned
I have to ask why every time developers promise something of "new" in the xsx version, there are people like you who start to rise the XSX perfomance expectations to such unrealistically level.

Microsoft never lied before when they said the graphics settings shown are representative of the console version.

so why sould I not trust them when they have been pretty trustworthy before?

now I would understand why you wouldn't trust a company that claimed their 371GF console is a "2TF" machine... but that company wasn't Microsoft

assurdum

Banned
Microsoft never lied before when they said the graphics settings shown are representative of the console version.

so why sould I not trust them when they have been pretty trustworthy before?

now I would understand why you wouldn't trust a company that claimed their 371GF console is a "2TF" machine... but that company wasn't Microsoft
The fuck it has to do Sony with this thread lol; and yeah MS lied multiple about console performance, hearing them one X was a fully capable native 4k machine when neither this generation is capable of it. But it's not that point. Neither MS is that crazy to promise raytracing at 1440p at 60 fps on xsx. 4k DRS 60 fps it's a very vague statement, not promise locked perfomance neither native 4k. If I'm not wrong the last Forza wasn't even locked 60 fps in such mode but I could be wrong, so be carefully to your expectations.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Neogaf Sony fans seem to be super interested in this game (if you look at the huge amount of their posts in this thread). Do we finally have a XSX system seller with FM?
Goes for MS fans in threads about TLOUp1 as well. In fact there are concerned people posting a ton in a threads about all games people are hyped about on any platform. But yeah in the end I think it could hint that it’ll a big seller.

Banned
The fuck it has to do Sony with this thread lol; and yeah MS lied multiple about console performance, hearing them one X was a fully capable native 4k machine when neither this generation is capable of it. But it's not that point. Neither MS is that crazy to promise raytracing at 1440p at 60 fps on xsx. 4k DRS 60 fps it's a very vague statement, not promise locked perfomance neither native 4k. If I'm not wrong the last Forza wasn't even locked 60 fps in such mode but I could be wrong, so be carefully to your expectations.

it was fully capable of running RDR2, still one of the best looking games out there, at native 4K wasn't it?
it also ran Rise of the Tomb Raider at native 4k... or Forza, or Gears 4... some stunning looking games, all native 4K

so if you say it was a lie that the One X was capable of running games at native 4K you are intellectually dishonest..and not just any games, some of the best looking games of the last generation.
in fact, given the usual resolution divide between PS4 Pro and One X, which was usually a 2x in favour of the One X, we could very confidently say that the One X would most like be able to run The Last of Us 2 at native 4K

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
it was fully capable of running RDR2, still one of the best looking games out there, at native 4K wasn't it?
it also ran Rise of the Tomb Raider at native 4k... or Forza, or Gears 4... some stunning looking games, all native 4K

so if you say it was a lie that the One X was capable of running games at native 4K you are intellectually dishonest..and not just any games, some of the best looking games of the last generation.
in fact, given the usual resolution divide between PS4 Pro and One X, which was usually a 2x in favour of the One X, we could very confidently say that the One X would most like be able to run The Last of Us 2 at native 4K
There are native 4k on ps4 pro to be fair but promote one X as a fully capable 4k machine was a blatantly PR move and a lie, just looking at this generation; though is not exactly that the point of the thread, neither the specs difference between pro and one x, but you asked about MS lies , so I give to you the most notorious one.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Neogaf Sony fans seem to be super interested in this game (if you look at the huge amount of their posts in this thread). Do we finally have a XSX system seller with FM?

It's the pinnacle of racing game tech on console, understandable all console owners are looking at it with wonderment.

RT in cars with *this* level of fidelity during race and the first console racer to have full RTGI in any mode at all.

T10 are masters of optimization.

Roberts

Goes for MS fans in threads about TLOUp1 as well. In fact there are concerned people posting a ton in a threads about all games people are hyped about on any platform. But yeah in the end I think it could hint that it’ll a big seller.
I believe you even though I don't really read Sony related topics and don't post on them after selling my ps5. Somehow life seems to be more carefree when you don't have to be concerned abut consoles that you don't even own.

Myths

Just gets me excited to have a new build when the 40 series comes out. Time to get back in with the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom