• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Four in June - Can You Handle The Backlog Heat?

1. Final Fantasy IX
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

High chance I'll be taking a 43-hour train ride to Chicago sometime this month, so I'll load the former two on my Vita and play them if the people I'm sitting next to are crazy.

Ezra2680

First time participating.

Going to beat:

Far Cry 3 (PC)
Super Mario 3D Land
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Fez (PC)

Hope to beat(time permitting)
LoZ Oracle of Ages
LoZ Oracle of Seasons
Super Mario World (WiiU)
Pushmo

Getting Animal Crossing this weekend, so we'll see how much time that eats.

idlewild_

After buying several games off of the Amazon PCDD deals, I took a look at my backlog and feel compelled to participate in this.

Games for this month:
Hotline Miami (completed)
The Last Remnant
LA Noire
Tomb Raider

If I have time:
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Four?! Hmmmm.

Super Metroid - WiiU
Tomb Raider - 360
Warhammer Quest - iPad

I'll beat those and come up with a 4th. My backlog is several hundred deep so I need to look it over before I know for sure.

Certinty

Last exam is Thursday! So I'll definitely start playing games a lot more again.

Vanquish
Catherine
Hitman Absolution
Battlefield 3

Already started all. Might go for one a day Thursday onwards to get them all completed before E3.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I wish!

I have summer classes starting, E3 coming up, and The Last of Us/Animal Crossing: New Leaf pre-ordered. Not to mention some great-looking movies are coming out next month.

My backlog will not be touched starting this Sunday. :/

Wynnebeck

Banned
Haven't been playing much since school and all but with no games coming out, I can work out the smaller titles I have:

- Fairy Bloom Freesia
- Super House of Dead Ninja
- Trine
- Final Fantasy XIII (I really need to beat this game but I'm only on Chapter 4 ugggh)

Well finished that the other day. Working on Freesia and FF XIII is chugging along.

Qwell

Technically I just finished LA Noire last night, but I had been working on it for the past 2 weeks.

Next Up:
Binary Domain ?? I think...
Hitman Absolution maybe?
The Last of Us as soon as June 14th rolls around

Of these threads, the only one I've done is April.

As for June, I think I may be able to do it, but ya never know heh. These are my June goals:

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS) (Beat second level already!)
Super Mario World (WiiU) (100%) (At Bowser's Valley)
Liberation Maiden (3DS) (On stage 3.)
Unsure of the Fourth game.

I am really hyped for TLOU but I don't see myself playing it non stop like I do with a lot of the games I hype up. Will probably take it slow like I did ZombiU. Maybe next month. (Plus I play games that have no off tv play a lot slower than WiiU off tv/handheld games.)

So yeah, don't really know if I'll be able to do a fourth game. Will probably do these three at least.

megalowho

I don't think I can handle the heat, but here are the three I want to tackle (and one I already did):

Tomb Raider
Thomas Was Alone
The Book of Unwritten Tales
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Great game, great price, satisfying gunplay, cool storytelling. Just a refreshing, well made package all around.

Also plan on spending time with The Swapper, Gunpoint, Marvel Heroes, Animal Crossing and continuing long standing replays of Bully and KOTOR 2. Should be plenty to keep busy with.

I didn't participate in the May thread, but got really close to beating Chrono Cross and Digital Devil Saga. I will add them to June's list.

Chrono Cross
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
The Last of Us

I was able to finish DDS1 today and as my first SMT game, I thought it was awesome. I've already dove into DDS2. :D

TheFrza

- Walking Dead - finally!
- Oracle of Ages
- Mega Man X (Wii U)
- Skyward Sword (Dolphin)

- Walking Dead
- Oracle of Ages
- Mega Man X (Wii U)
- Skyward Sword (Dolphin)

Finally finished Walking Dead, had to keep playing until done. Now I fiend for season 2

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Thomas Was Alone finished, and 100% at that too - lovely stuff. Feeble Files is next then it seems, for real this time!

Ark

I finished Metro: Last Light on Sunday evening, so I've only got three to go for this month:

- Metro: Last Light
- Demon's Souls
- BioShock: Infinite
- The Last of Us

Going to be a good month ;)

Sendou

Little LTTP but oh well.

-Catherine (PS3)
-999 (DS)
-ICO HD (PS3)
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

The first 3 should be easy enough. Skyward Sword might offer some challenge but we'll see.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Okamiden
God of War: Chains of Olympus

I might play something else for the next few days before starting Oracle of Seasons since I just beat Ages. Not sure though.

Already in June I finished two

Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar

Since I'm getting Animal Crossing, I'll try real hard to beat something else this weekend.

kunonabi

4 sounds pretty impossible considering what I have left but I'll try.

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West - just grabbed a copy at a convention over the weekend

Style Savvy Trendsetters - Not exactly sure what the end game is but I would like to finish it soon.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers - Loving the little bit I've played but it's another huge time sink

Earth Seeker - I want to be working one at least one Japanese game every month.

emb

Ouch... with a job all of the sudden, and E3 next week... I see no way for this to happen.

Well, let's see:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Devil May Cry (I really should have finished it off last month)
Monster Hunter Tri U (At G rank in multiplayer, a tier or two below the end of single player I think)
And... I dunno, Pac Man World 2? I have to be within a level or two from the end.

I can probably get this.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dante's Inferno - Beat it in 2 days, pretty fun game and the themes/symbolism is very interesting, even if the gameplay is a little average
Devil May Cry HD - Mission 6, gameplay feels a little ancient in this day and age but still fun
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - On World 5, loving every bit of this 2D platformer goodness
New Super Mario Bros U - World 7, absolutely gorgeous and definitely the best NSMB so far.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
donkey kong 3ds
monaco (god damn this is hard in later levels)
luigis mansion
and I will get to the bottom of super house of dead ninjas just once

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Two down!

• Germinator
  • Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
  • Crimson Shroud
  • Liberation Maiden
  • PixelJunk Shooter (May's leftovers)
I liked Rhythm Thief enough to make a short post about it.

I'm torn between taking on the two stages that are inaccessible until after you've beaten the game or starting Crimson Shroud! I'll figure it out tomorrow.

ASFM

Neo Member
Just beat Binary Domain, awesome game.

Have Alan Wake started, will return to that after The Last of Us.

Cleanup for 4 with something like Bayonetta? Should be a good month

Trickytoon

Neo Member
Well I've failed to hit the target in every monthly thread so far but with a week off looming I think I can get this done. Consoles are packed away for a house move so PC all the way for me.

- Call of Juarez : Gunslinger - Completed
- XCom Enemy Unknown
- Portal 2 Single Player
- Serious Sam - First Encounter

retrobeans

Neo Member
- Black Mesa
- The Last of Us
- Demon's Souls
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Demon's Souls is blowing my mind, why have I waited this long to play it!?

cormack12

Gold Member
Might as well commit in some sort of fashion:

- Darksiders I: Completed, can't be bothered with the platinum though
- Infamous 2: Started this a couple of days ago. Bit wacky and fun
- TLoU: When it gets here
- The Cave: Picked it up, still need to complete though.

daveo42

Banned
Fez
Catherine
Rayman Origins

Finally finished up Fez. I loved a lot of the environments and music in the game. Some of the puzzles were...hard. I did complete them all, but I did end up cheating on a few. Some were just a bit too cryptic for my brain to wrap around.

Next up is 999, which I have a few hours already logged, but I'm still only on the first story.

Super Ghouls'N Ghosts is down; thank god for restore points. Hoping to get through Alice this weekend, since I'm more than halfway through.

May:
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Super Ghouls'N Ghosts
  • Iron Brigade
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I'm getting a late start but what the hell. I need some motivation clearing my backlog for next-gen.

1. GTA IV and the expansions. (this may not happen)
2. Skyrim, pretty far in and just need to finish it up
3. Darksiders 2
4. Dishonored

It's an ambitious list that will more than likely take more than June to finish. Especially with The Last of Us coming out. I'm sure I will also pick up Animal Crossing. Fuck, this is why I never finish games.

Leucrota

Hey gang, my first time cleaning out my backlog.

1. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
2. Super Meat Boy
3. Nier
4. Resonance of Fate

I need to stop buying games with the main reason being their length....

Welp, I cleaned out my backlog in a different way, traded in all my games for PS4 credit and sold my console.

The only game I have left is
1. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (GC)

And I will fill out the rest with mobile/Linux/GNU games when I see what I have.

JokerAceX

PS3.
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Last of US

PSV.
Persona 4: The Golden
Oboro Muramasa Rebirth

I think this can be done, still trying to decide if I should import KH1.5HD or just wait for the US release...

jonathanp

I should actually try to do this. At least with this being in public I can be held more accountable. I've been in a gaming slump for the past few months so this should be fun.

1. Closure - This is a gimme. Heard this only takes a few hours.
2. Splatterhouse - Seems like this might take a day to beat.
3. Saint's Row 2 - I started this a while ago, with SR3 being available soon on PS+, I want to get this out the way.
4. Infamous 2 - Another PS+ game taking up room on my hard drive.
5. Infamous: Festival of Blood - I held off on playing this until I beat Infamous 2.

Persona7

Banned
Hotline Miami (now that I can play it without crashing with that new Humble Bundle Build) - Done

The last of us - Will be done

Painkiller - Done

One thing people always talk about is don't treat this like a job, if you aren't liking a game then just drop it.

Yeah I just dropped Class of Heroes II after 2 hours because it doesn't seem any good. I guess I just want Elminage Original II. Sometimes these games start off strong and the end sucks and you just power through it. I really enjoyed the first 3 chapters of Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together but if I knew I would have had to spend so much time grinding to beat the last chapter I would just stopped there around 30 hours. Instead I played another 20 hours and didn't enjoy half of that.

Jhoan

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Tomb Raider
Dark Souls (tentative)

Bonus games (if I get around to them):

Xenoblade (doubt it; game is long and I'm at the 60% mark)
Pandora's Tower
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Majin: The Forsaken Kingdom

Update: 3 down, 1 to go. Been playing some Xenoblade but I've been doing side quests and some Dark Souls. The body count in Tomb Raider was ridiculously high. There was a bit of a disconnection between the first 5 dudes that Lara kills and the hundreds of dudes that she kills by the end of the game. It's insane especially the way she brutally kills dudes. I thought it was all right.

Blood Dragon was good if only because of the music and 80's references as well as feeling overpowered. I got all the achievements.

Gunslinger was pretty bad ass. It's nice to see that there's a New Game Plus option so I'll probably tackle another run on a higher difficulty. Don't know if I should take on an XBLA game or one of my games from my backlog next.

bigace33

Ok two down for June.

Heavy Rain
Battlefield Bad Company 2

Still gonna play it by ear and play something that hold my interests instead of announcing a game. So far so good for this month. Now to find the 3rd game to play and beat.

One down, three to go.

Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii)
The Last of Us (PS3)
Dead Space 3 (360)

Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii)

The Last of Us (PS3)
Dead Space 3 (360)

Halfway there. Going to start Dead Space 3 now, will try and finish before TLOU; otherwise will finish after.

While I have refrained from naming specific games as goals in advance I am working on my backlog this summer.

First game down:
Advance Wars DS. regular campaign. got stuck on a mission called "pincer strike" or something like that and put it down for a couple years. Restarted the campaign a couple weeks ago and knocked it out.

Next game: Advance wars days of ruin.

After that: Either GTA Chinatown wars, golden sun 3, or glory of heracles.

Got through Alice. There's some really great concepts and environments, but man does that game drag on...

May:
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Super Ghouls'N Ghosts
  • Iron Brigade
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail

Yuterald

I set a pretty hefty goal for the month of May and completed about 10+ games. Now that I'm back to work I don't have as much time to play games. I think I can handle 4 games though, especially considering the fact that I've finished two already since the month started. I'm in the middle of a lot of short PC games so I can probably knock a bunch of them out. =D

PC/Steam:
The Swapper
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Ys II
Deadlight
Bastion
Hell Yeah!

Wii U:
Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Addition
Mutant Mudds Deluxe {when it comes out)
Nano Assault Neo
Toki Tori 2
Super Metroid

3DS:
Mighty Switch Force 2 (when it comes out)

I completed The Swapper with all secret terminals (Achievements) earned. Despite a few issues with the game, I loved it. Great 2D puzzle platformer with clever and satisfying puzzles. The game had a sort of Xenogears/Saga-like wave existence story thing going on. I love that kind of shit.

I finished Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition last night. I've played the 3DS version to complete mastery already so it took me some time to feel like playing this again. Love Wayforward and the Mighty games though. I've got all regular Par Times completed, but I still have the much harder bonus stages left to complete. I'll probably knock 'em out shortly, but I saw the credits so I consider it "done". =D

Top Bottom