• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX Animation Domination - 5/10/09 (Family Guy spoofs Stephen King)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed Family Guy. Especially the Joe getting crippled in each of the stories. Kind of reminded me of something......oh yeah Willie getting the axe in his back in TreeHouse of Horror V. XD I did like the ShawShank Redemption parody the best. Especially Carter and the poster. Oh man! that had me cracking up.

American Dad was pretty good too. But a bit personal for me. Still enjoyed it though.

DeaconKnowledge said:
You're not supposed to like the Simpsons in this thread.

Can I like Simpsons in addition to liking Family Guy and American Dad? I mean is that possible? or is this one of those things where I need to pick a side?

AlexMogil

Tamanon said:
Apparently at least the Stand By me bit was over a year old since that was really Roy Scheider's voice.

I had to look it up too because I thought it sounded like him. I'm surprised the episode wasn't dedicated to him.

Fanboydestroyer said:
Can I like Simpsons in addition to liking Family Guy and American Dad? I mean is that possible? or is this one of those things where I need to pick a side?

Yes it is. Liking all of them is not possible. If you like one, you must conversely despise another.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Nope. Liking all of them is not possible. If you like one, you must conversely despise another.

But, but, but, I can't choose. I like them all. Well I do like classic Simpsons more. So I guess I'll go with them. But newer Simpsosn just doesn't do it for me. This is a very hard decision I will have to make.

Fanboydestroyer said:
But, but, but, I can't choose. I like them all. Well I do like classic Simpsons more. So I guess I'll go with them. But newer Simpsosn just doesn't do it for me. This is a very hard decision I will have to make.

That settles it. You hate Family Guy. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Join me, and together we can spew bile on the blight that is Family Guy or something.

I'm going to pick Venture Bros and The Boondocks as my two favorite adult based cartoons. Oh and I guess South Park too.

Jasoco

Banned
Family Guy was awesome. I was so afraid they were gonna spoof The Shining since everyone has done that.

"To this day, I have no idea what that woman was singin' about. Like literally no idea. I don't know what a hollaback girl is, but I have to imagine it's a foul disease-ridden thing that wears too much makeup to cover up the fact that it's a 47-year-old fishdog."

And American Dad was good too. But FG was just great. I can't wait for next season's Empire Strikes Back parody.

Family guy was garbage, with a few chuckles thrown in, Simpsons was good. King of the hill was great as was american dad. actually, it was the best of the bunch again this week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Jasoco said:
Family Guy was awesome. I was so afraid they were gonna spoof The Shining since everyone has done that.

"To this day, I have no idea what that woman was singin' about. Like literally no idea. I don't know what a hollaback girl is, but I have to imagine it's a foul disease-ridden thing that wears too much makeup to cover up the fact that it's a 47-year-old fishdog."

And American Dad was good too. But FG was just great. I can't wait for next season's Empire Strikes Back parody.

They confirmed they would do a ESB parody?

Jasoco

Banned
Where have you been?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something,_Something,_Something,_Dark_Side

SomethingDarkSidePoster.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I just watched FG.

=|

I don't think I laughed at anything, but I don't know any Stephen King references except a general overview of Misery.

Jasoco

Banned
I've never even read a Stephen King book, but even I got all the references. Especially since I've seen the movies or parodies of them.

Shawshank Redemption is a fucking awesome movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom