• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii) Pre-Order Bonus CD and Dual-Boxart

Oxx

Shiggy said:
We only get this boxart and no pre-order bonus. However, it will be released for only 39.99 €, in the US it is a full-price title.
51VtW5bNMLL._SS500_.jpg

Is the 19th March date on Amazon correct?

As usual ShopTo has it cheapest @ £22.95.

Shiggy said:
We only get this boxart and no pre-order bonus. However, it will be released for only 39.99 €, in the US it is a full-price title.

I'd rather pay more for a soundtrack CD, box art that isn't soiled by horribly oversized labels and a general understanding from the publisher that it is a niche market game that will hit rock bottom prices in two weeks. As such the small fanbase that are willing to put down full price on release should be given a little bonus for their support, even if it is just a double sided cover.

Volcynika said:
Rune Factory Frontier actually turned out to be 50% off for an Amazon DotD barely a month after release.

....just sayin.
:lol :lol I remember it was 25 bucks, bought it and hated it with a passion.(weird I like harvest moon games usually), might pick this up when it is 10 bucks or something.

zeelman

I am surprised this is coming out so soon. I was thinking of getting Mimana Ivar Chronicles, but I will probably get this instead.

Haunted

Not sure if I can cram this into my calendar with all the stuff coming out, tbh. :/

darkx10's description of the clunky controls and flashlight mechanic didn't help either!

I also still don't know what the game is actually about except that you're the guy in the blue trenchcoat and are exploring a wasteland-ish setting, where you meet up with androgynous white haired character at several points in the story.

selig

Banned
Haunted said:
Not sure if I can cram this into my calendar with all the stuff coming out, tbh. :/

darkx10's description of the clunky controls and flashlight mechanic didn't help either!

Really, think of ICO. Same flaws,...same awesomeness?

I also still don't know what the game is actually about except that you're the guy in the blue trenchcoat and are exploring a wasteland-ish setting, where you meet up with androgynous white haired character at several points in the story.

You´re exploring a post-apocalyptic world, unfolding the past by listening to ghosts or creepy voice-messages. I havent played the game, yet, sure, but from all the trailers it really looks a lot like ICO meets Casshern Sins.

Azure Phoenix said:
Anyone know if Gamestop and EB Games offer international shipping? I really want that CD and reversable cover but Rising Star aren't doing anything extra for the UK release.
Yes Gamestop do offer international shipping (it is how I got ExciteBots after all). The rates can be found here (I noticed Italy missing from the list :( ) but $15-$25 is the ballpark (they use UPS and I got my order in less than 48 hours of making...got really lucky with the timing)...plus don't forget your local countries import tax.

But to be serious, if I were to get it in the UK I can go for:
Amazon.co.uk - £24.73
Gamestop.com - $50 (~£31) + shipping ($15) + import tax (due to being over £18 ... 31*0.175=~5) = ~31+~10+~5=~46
Difference - approx £20 (though this assumes the exchange rate doesn't change wildly). I personally think that is a tad extreme for a cover with no logos (btw, the UK version should be lacking the abomination that is the USK logo) and a CD.

Dachande

Preordered the UK one from Shopto. At £22, I'd feel bad if I didn't since I was really interested in this when first announced. Did they fix any of the problems the Japanese version had when it first came out at all? The reports of some of the wonkiness generally put me off, but still...

We get the best cover. Not the US one is bad though; it's no "Photoshop as much character art as possible in 5 minutes and send to printers" ugly hack job. It's legitimate bit of artwork as and of itself and that's fine. But the original cover is nicer.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Drkirby said:
But €39.99 is $54. Its still cheaper here, 'full price' or not.

Oh my god.
If that's your reasoning then I'd like see you come here and live the same life you do in the US but with the same income you have in american dollars.
I'd be rich if I could come live in the Sates and get my € income translated to $ just like that.
But you know, doesn't work that way :lol
Besides, the game is less than €29 (€39 srp) everywhere

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'll play it in english anyway, but I'm curious to know if Fragile US/NTSC will still have all the translations done by XSeed for french/italian/spanish... like The Sky Crawlers had.
I have the Sky Crawlers US, which is more expensive and published by Bamco here (I don't even think it's out yet?) and I noticed that is has a "multi5" language option in it.

Vinnk

Have the Japanese version. But I'll double dip for the soundtrack. Love the atmosphere in this game and the music is fantastic.

Starwolf_UK said:
But to be serious, if I were to get it in the UK I can go for:
Amazon.co.uk - £24.73
Gamestop.com - $50 (~£31) + shipping ($15) + import tax (due to being over £18 ... 31*0.175=~5) = ~31+~10+~5=~46
Difference - approx £20 (though this assumes the exchange rate doesn't change wildly). I personally think that is a tad extreme for a cover with no logos (btw, the UK version should be lacking the abomination that is the USK logo) and a CD.

I wasn't aware of the price, so I agree that it is extreme, however I just can't support Rising Star on this issue. XSeed and Atlas go out of their way to offer nice little bonuses for people who pre-order, and in turn the customers feel appreciated by the company. A CD and some extra ink on the paper is such a trivial thing, but it creates goodwill, loyalty and potentially more full price purchases.

Rising Star were asked about a reversable cover many months ago on their forums and their answer was just "it's not possible". If they can't even be bothered to offer a few pence worth of ink and paper to people who pre-order at full retail price, then I'd rather give my money to a company that is interested in listening to their customers.

Mafro

I hope I've cleared my current backlog by the time this comes out. I'm sticking with my UK preorder at ShopTo.

I preordered Muramasa from Gamestop to get the free wall scroll, and was hit with a £19 customs charge that had to be paid there and then at my door when the UPS courier delivered it, otherwise he would have just taken it back to the depot. Put me off preordering anywhere that uses UPS ever again, at least Parcelforce send you a letter in advance and allow it to be paid online.

Desi

silverbullet1080 said:
Imo, the NA boxart looks alot better than the japanese, but damn I'm getting this day 1.
same here. the NA box looks so good. The JP one reminds me of some Visual Novel type thing, with extra pedo creep.

Oxx

I understand that Rising Star is a small outfit, but that just makes it even more crucial that they serve their fans properly. They aren't going to be able to get Fragile or Little King's Story into the mainstream consciousness so they need target the people that do actually care about their games.

I would have bought a LKS soundtrack. And a No More Heroes t-shirt.

As it stands there's absolutely no incentive to pre-order their games because they will be under £20 within a few months.

Doorman

Personally, I think I like the new American box art a little better, too. I think it does a better job of highlighting the "exploring a lonely hostile world" aspect moreso than the original art.

I really want this, I need to scrounge together the money, but good grief there is so much stuff coming out in this first quarter. Monster Hunter Tri comes out like two weeks after this, too...I'm not even close to being able to afford everything I want!

Also big kudos to XSeed for including the original Japanese voice track. I'll give their English dub a shot but in a game like this where character expression is so important, this is a huge plus in my book.

Alex

selig said:
whoever doesnt buy this game should be junior´d :/

Considering how completely vapid Tri-Cres's last game was and how middling the reception on this one has been, I think I'll wait for a price drop to check it out myself. I'm interested, but March is a bit busy and Tri comes out two weeks later on the Wii.

Nice art direction, though, but buying off of art direction is what gets you stuck with braindead Vanillaware games.

Haunted

selig said:
Really, think of ICO. Same flaws,...same awesomeness?
Sounds like a logical fallacy:p I'll watch for some more impressions once this hits and make up my mind then.

selig said:
You´re exploring a post-apocalyptic world, unfolding the past by listening to ghosts or creepy voice-messages. I havent played the game, yet, sure, but from all the trailers it really looks a lot like ICO meets Casshern Sins.
Hm, is there an actual plot progression underneath (like, having a definite goal, to find out what happened before) or is it more of a philosophical journey and taking in the atmosphere type of deal, like Angel's Egg?

Oxx

I should probably wait for impressions/reviews before getting too irritated at Rising Star's frugality.

You have to wonder what they'll do once they've seen off the last remnants of Marvelous' Wii support. Is it going to be all PSP/DS after Fragile, NMH2 and Arc Rise are out?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Haunted said:

A touch of advice, whenever darkx10 talks about pointer controls on the Wii, take it with a grain of salt. For some reason, it seems that no matter what dark plays, the pointer controls never seem to work right for him. kinda sucks for him really...

Anyway, I call dibs on the official thread. I have I really great idea for the theme and how it's written. Can't wait for this, but is Gamestop the only retailer that'll have a the preorder?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Haunted said:
dude!

OS and Muramasa are fucking awesome.

Let him be. He enjoys his weird little world.

Desi said:
same here. the NA box looks so good. The JP one reminds me of some Visual Novel type thing, with extra pedo creep.

Same here! And that's what the Japanese box reminded me of, a novel of sorts, not really a BAD thing, just it didn't really... match the game? I don't know how to put it. :/

I did like the JP bpx though, but yeah, NA box > JP box.

doomed1 said:
Fuck yes. Little guy is sitting on top of my bookshelf right now. I named him Steve...

Mine's on top of my bed shelf thing behind my pillow, I didn't name him though, hmm...

Doorman

Haunted said:
Hm, is there an actual plot progression underneath (like, having a definite goal, to find out what happened before) or is it more of a philosophical journey and taking in the atmosphere type of deal, like Angel's Egg?

From what I understand, the game is sort of split into "chapters" that each involve Seto encountering a particular character for a while and sort of focusing on them while he continues to search for Ren and figure out what happened to the world (the partner characters including the robotic backpack thing, the weird guy in the amusement park that looks to be a little older than Seto, and the ghost girl, all of whom appear in the trailers). I do think that most of the plot does get fleshed out but I'm not sure if it's something that you learn about throughout or if it only comes into play near the end.

There's also a bunch of little items that you can find and examine to learn about the backstories of the people who once owned them. So there is a plot, but a lot of the game is also tied in with atmosphere and characterization.

Oyashiro

I'm soooo looking forward to this game. The gameplay looks decent, but what really shines is the setting/atmosphere.

seady

Both boxart are hot. Would be amazing if this game can pick up the pace (in hype and sale) similarly to Valkyria Chronicles.

Haunted

thetrin said:
Let him be. He enjoys his weird little world.
But he needs help.

Doorman said:
From what I understand, the game is sort of split into "chapters" that each involve Seto encountering a particular character for a while and sort of focusing on them while he continues to search for Ren and figure out what happened to the world (the partner characters including the robotic backpack thing, the weird guy in the amusement park that looks to be a little older than Seto, and the ghost girl, all of whom appear in the trailers). I do think that most of the plot does get fleshed out but I'm not sure if it's something that you learn about throughout or if it only comes into play near the end.

There's also a bunch of little items that you can find and examine to learn about the backstories of the people who once owned them. So there is a plot, but a lot of the game is also tied in with atmosphere and characterization.
Thanks for the details! That does sound pretty interesting. I'm loving the premise of this game, as well as the art direction and the music (the little I heard of the OST was great at least).

That really should be enough to make me want to play it, but at the same time I'm only hearing negative things about the actual gameplay... I'm torn.

I'm buying this because it has the black ranger awesomeness that every game is missing
not really but I said I would buy this when it comes out..the cd is a pusher over the edge

selig

Banned
speaking of sound, do we know if that song from the long story-trailer is ingame? because that one was absolutely beautiful. *is off rewatching the trailer*

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
selig said:
speaking of sound, do we know if that song from the long story-trailer is ingame? because that one was absolutely beautiful. *is off rewatching the trailer*
Yeah, it's apparently the opening song.

selig said:

As doomed1 sounded off, it sounds like it's the opening song, which does sound lovely, now does this info make you feel sound?

Oxx said:
You have to wonder what they'll do once they've seen off the last remnants of Marvelous' Wii support. Is it going to be all PSP/DS after Fragile, NMH2 and Arc Rise are out?
They managed to re-negotiate a contract of sorts. But apart from that they'll do what they always do. Publishing fairly small concerns (not always Japanese things either; XG Blast comes to mind).

I don't know what's up with MMV, I remember Wada saying that he's not giving up on the Wii and even used MH3 as an example of hardcore games doing very well on the Wii.

Hopefully Muramasa and ARF bring in some decent numbers when their budget versions come out, Muramasa is hanging around the top 100 at Amazon JP, which is the highest of the budget line so far, ARF is around 300-400.

How's Muramasa been doing in the NPD? We never got a number beyond 35,000 in its debut month.

Top Bottom