Takeaways stole from ERA’s Deluxera:
- PS4 has sold 5,98 million units in France as of January 2021. PS3 never got past 5 million.
- Xbox One has sold less than 1,8 million units in total.
- Both consoles have seen a stark decline in the territory. It is Microsof's worst year since 2005, while Sony has never sold less consoles in history.
- Nintendo Switch, on the other hand, is enjoying unprecedented success with a 17% increase YoY.
- Sony has roughly 48% market share in France (PS4+PS5), Nintendo has 37% (Switch only).
Next-gen basically killed old-gen consoles sales.