• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"FREE" 1 Year ECA membership... for the price of YOUR SOUL. Read if you applied.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Is the online cancellation option actually confirmed to work? Or is it another case of a "web-site coding error" like the first method was?

DeadGzuz

Banned
botticus said:
Why yes you can!

Log in, edit your account, click on Membership Status then follow the simple process of changing your membership to "no additional term", then clicking a couple times, then indicating whether or not you would like to set auto-renew, then click a couple more times, and indicate whether or not you would like to cancel your account.

Thanks. I'm glad to finally be done with this, what a hassle. Too bad they didn't just fix the Amazon thing.

Somnid

I just canceled the auto-renew. It's a little tough to find but at least it makes it clear what is happening to your account. It also looks like GOG and Walmart might have discounts via the ECA, so seeing as I've been through all this I might as well stay on and see if I can make more use of these things.

Codeblue

Canceled my membership via CAG list. I'm glad to be done with them, I don't care what kind of perks they have or accomplishments they make, they're never getting my support again.

Phreak47

Turned off auto renew... plus, used a virtual CC to register in the first place so I think they'd have trouble trying to charge me 10 months from now anyway. :D

GeeDuhb

I knew if I just sat back, everything would get figured out in due time :p

As someone else said, the cancellation thing is ridiculous. At first, I only canceled the auto renew, but then upon thinking about it more, I wanted their membership to drop drastically...so I canceled it all together.

It a shame that they might still survive after all this hoopla...

1-D_FTW

Went to log in and my auto-renewal was turned off. So I'm guessing they just honored the earlier auto-renewal cancels that were "web errors that weren't real"?

EDIT: Snap! You can flat out cancel? Done!

AndyD

aka andydumi
1-D_FTW said:
Went to log in and my auto-renewal was turned off. So I'm guessing they just honored the earlier auto-renewal cancels that were "web errors that weren't real"?

EDIT: Snap! You can flat out cancel? Done!

It makes their statements on "never worked" appear sort of stupid doesn't it?

Wow, I just went to turn off auto renew, and it already was.

I literally haven't been there since the whole thing went down hoping they would make an online cancellation.

52club

I wish there was a BBB feedback that states this company only did the correct thing after their initial reaction blew up in their face.

I cancelled all benefits and auto-renew. I am ashamed to have given $20 to this group. I would have rather just paid the 10% to Amazon on my purchases.

SlickVic

Thanks to GAF and CAG for being on top of this. Just turned off auto-renew online, still keeping my membership until it expires to see if the Amazon discount ever comes back (probably not likely but doesn't hurt). Feels great to finally be able to do that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
My membership just got canceled via Google's free postcard thingy a while ago. Just got my cancellation email today.

52club said:
I wish there was a BBB feedback that states this company only did the correct thing after their initial reaction blew up in their face.

I was disappointed with that as well. I pretty much said as much in my closing comment.

LQX

Costanza said:
Doesn't matter, apparently.

207nlf6.jpg

How so? Regardless, I will just call my credit card for a charge back if they do.

Costanza said:
Oh fuck, according to CAG, people who CANCELED ARE BEING AUTO-RENEWED AND CHARGED NOW.

jesus christ, fuck this organization.

What happened to the threats of lawsuits and stuff. Are they calling everyone's bluff?

botticus

My membership would have renewed on Tuesday, and I've not been hit with any charges. I canceled through the website, not by mail, though.

Najaf

I just used the online cancellation request. Ten seconds later I got the good news in my in-box.

Thank you for being a member of the Entertainment Consumers Association. Your membership has been canceled.

We are sorry to see you go and thank you for your business.

This email notification is confirmation that your request has been processed and your membership has been canceled, effective today, April 23, 2010

We wish that you will choose to rejoin The ECA soon. If you wish to re-join the association going forward new/updated payment information will need to be manually re-entered.

To re-join the ECA, please visit http://www.theeca.com.
Thank you.
Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA).

Top Bottom