• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

**Free Game Giveaway - Helping Libby the Cat [FUNDED!]**

maxcriden

5/30 update!!

We have actually ended up with $1,169.44! Well over our goal!! Easily paid for the extra visit as well!

We are all doing great! Libby's incisions are remaining dry and she seems to be doing awesome. I'm very confident come Tuesday that cone is off for good.

6/15 update!! Thanks again all!

Libby is doing fantastic and back to her old self! :)

New Games will be added all the time this week so check back often! Ongoing giveaways are up front, instant Steam and other giveaways are a bit further down.

Donate!

Donate via Paypal: beane31611 (at) yahoo.com

No donation is necessary to enter. If you want to enter, simply post and say whichever games you want. You may ask for as many as you want, but you cannot win more than one. Entrants will be selected randomly. You may enter these giveaways in addition to receiving one of the Steam or other games further down below, the two are totally separate.

**Update**

Thanks to the generosity of TEJ and Hip Hop, we are giving away:

Super Metroid (Wii U eShop only) - Ends Saturday 5/24 Noon EST (won by neto)
Super Mario World (Wii U eShop only) - Ends Monday 5/26 Noon EST (won by Meowtor)
Pokemon Y - Ends Wednesday 5/28 Noon EST (won by Vanillaite)
MK8 Wii U Promo Game - **this is not MK8, this is your choice of the games pictured below** - Ends Friday 5/30 Noon EST (we have no idea if this one will work because although people are selling this code, no one has successfully sold or entered it yet. if this one cannot be gifted, please understand we won't be able to give it away) - TWO winners! (won by Alfebit and Hero of Legend)
CN coins - 300 each (won by deim0s and Hale-XF11)

doFpu9YFDin-zPZU-xY4aLXSGH594PEx.png

**Please note due to region locks the giveaway thus far is only open to US GAF or those with US region systems.**

If you entered prior to this edit, and want one of the above games, please edit your post to say what you want. You can ask for as many games as you want, but if you win one, you cannot win another.

If you want to donate, that is terrific and appreciated. Any and every dollar helps ensure Libby gets all the care she needs and deserves.

Please reply or PM me with any questions. If you can donate a game for us to give away in this thread, please PM me. Also, if you prefer to donate via Paypal, his Paypal is beane31611 (at) yahoo.com.

**NEW STEAM AND OTHER GIVEAWAY GAMES ADDED 5/23**

First Come First Serve, reply first in thread to receive. All Steam and Humble keys/gifts, plus a couple of 360 games. One per person. This is totally separate from the main giveaway. More goodness to come.

Currently available:

Radical Roach (Desura)
Guncraft (Desura)
Gravity Ultraviolet Code
Nujitsu DLC - XBox One
Thomas Was Alone (one more copy!)
Wyv and Keep (think this is a Desura Key if I remember correctly)
Puzzle Bots
space pirates and zombies
a code for the preorder bonus to soul sac (aka japanese voices)
Toy Soldiers XBOX 360
The Maw XBOX 360

Already given away!

Patrician IV (won by Henry Swanson)
Half Life 2 (won by Provider)
TDKR UV code (won by Chettlar)
Fez (won by Vagabundo)
PSN codes (won by Immaculate and PedroPanache)
Giana Sisters (won by ilnadmy)
The Swapper (won by Ezalc)
VVVVVV (won by the Magical Kitsune)
Thomas Was Alone (won by Lennox)
Psychonauts (won by thebigaristotle)
Hammer watch (won by Link Man)
cave story + (won by Drago)
VVVVVV (won by Xamtheking)
knights of pen and paper (won by fwpx)
crusader kings 2 (won by Leg-End)
civ 5 (won by Shrike Alvaron)
limbo (won by Eternal Darkness)
mark of the ninja (won by xillriax)
zeno clash (won by killatopak)
two worlds 2 (won by mwoodsoccer)
telltale games humble bundle code (the talltale bundle minus the walking dead) (won by Brainiac 8)
humble bundle 8 in general (won by Smellycat)
phantom breaker on the xbox 360 (won by LifeIsLife)
kingdom hearts theme for ps3 (won by Cpmanda)

1347802_1399596869.1307.jpg

So, for those unaware, a friend of mine and GAF lurker/CAG regular James Beane and his kitty Libby are going through a rough time. She's recovering from a mammary tumor operation that he can't afford, and followups including imaging are going to be needed and he can't really afford those either. It really blows and since he's a lurker and super humble he wouldn't be able to start this thread himself. I figure since there have been a couple of threads like this recently, I might be able to do so for James here as well. GAFer blazenumb1 knows him as well so I figure he's kind of in the GAF family.

Anyway, here's the scoop from James:

Libby has a mammary tumor and needs it removed. We took her to the vet last week and had a follow up this week and she needs the tumor removed since it's started to bleed. The estimate is close to $1,000 and she will need blood work as well as a biopsy and chest X-ray to make sure it hasn't spread. She's only 6 six years old and has been spayed for 5 years so the doctor is surprised this has developed. We are hoping and praying that it hasn't spread and it'll just be one surgery and be over with. She is a very timid, but sweet little cat. We had 5 when my wife moved here in West Virginia from New Mexico and we lost two of our babies last year and we really don't want to lose another one. Libby has really become very loving and even more trusting as each day passes. Life just wouldn't be the same without her. Anything would really help us out and be very appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read about our little Libby!

Update 5/14

Libby had her surgery done yesterday and everything seemed to go well. They extracted 3 tumors instead of just the one that was showing. She has to go back Friday to have her tubes removed then go back in another week to get her stitches out. She has to wear a cone for two weeks as well...so that will be fun since she's so timid. Also, her blood work and X-rays both looked good.

Update 5/19

We took Libby to the vet today to get her drainage tubes removed. She did so well considering how timid she's always been. They said that two of the tumors were indeed mammary and the other was in the lymph node. All were deemed cancerous by the biopsy. The vet said she was confident that they removed the lymph node completely and as is with any cancer...we won't know if all of it is gone completely or not. We just have to monitor how she heals and acts going forward. She is doing so well despite wearing the cone, too! A few very generous people have donated and purchased games from me to help with her operation and I'm eternally grateful to them all. I will update as things progress. Thank you!

Update 5/22

Libby is doing really well today. Stephanie took off her collar for awhile to let her "breathe" again. She usually licks at her stitches when Stephanie does that, but this time she just went and curled up under a blanket and went to sleep instead! We have NEVER seen her do that before! She goes back to the vet tomorrow and it will (hopefully) be the last time we have to take her for awhile. I can't express my sincere thanks and gratitude to the gaming community for their positive thoughts, contributions, and kind words! Thanks to everyone's generosity...we are up to $585.33 between Paypal and the GoFundMe page! More than halfway there! You guys have no idea how much we appreciate everything that's been done! From the money donations, to the game donations, to maxcriden for making the thread(s)...you guys mean the world to us and thanks again very, VERY much!

P.S. We are going to start up a Facebook page for Libby so we can post more photos of her (and her brothers, haha) and I want to type up our backstory a bit so anyone who would like to know a little more about her are more than welcome to do so! As soon as we get it started (which will hopefully be tonight) I'll send it to over to Max and he can post it!

Update 5/23

We took Libby to the vet today for a quick check up and while they said her stitches looked good, they still want us to bring her back to make sure her stitches stopped draining. If they aren't they have to give her a long term shot and I'm assuming it'll just be a couple days and she can finally take off her cone and return to normal!

Update 5/28

Well, we took Libby to the vet today and the trip wasn't bad, per say...just didn't go as well as we had hoped. She's still leaking a good bit from her stitches so the doctor recommended a shot or an oral medicine but his recommendation was both, which is what we did. It cost another $64, but thanks to everyone's generous donations, it's not a problem! Stephanie found a small lump near her ear but the vet said it just felt like a small cyst and to watch it, but he wasn't concerned over it. So, we go back again next Tuesday and HOPEFULLY she can get her cone off for good. That's definitely been the hardest part!

Anyway, if anyone wants to donate a little something, here's the link:

http://www.gofundme.com/906s5k

To better get the word out, I posted a thread on OT, which definitely helped get some donations, which I really appreciate from you guys. I figured since it worked so well with DocSeuss (which is terrific!), a Giveaway might help get the word out better.

Thanks for your time, all.

I want Pokemon.

Heading to donate now, this is something my wife and I fear happening to our precious kitties :(

Best wishes to them, hope everything progresses smoothly!

Shun

Pray for Libby, I love cats and hearing this makes me feel down :/

Will donate.

I want Pokemon.

SmokeMaxX

I want Pokemon. I'll dig through my stuff to see if I have anything you guys can use for your cause. Not sure if I do, but I'll let you guys know if I find something. Get better Libby!

maxcriden

I want Pokemon. I'll dig through my stuff to see if I have anything you guys can use for your cause. Not sure if I do, but I'll let you guys know if I find something. Get better Libby!

Thanks Smoke, it's much appreciated! I'm sure anything would be great.

TEJ

Can I join in with the donating? Next week I am buying Mario Kart 8 and since I get a free game and everything under the american section I either own or don't care for, I was planning on giving it away for someone in the "free to a good home" thread but this looks like it is for a good cause.

So yeah, assuming that I get a game code for the free game and not an auto-download, I will make it a game of sombodies choice. IIRC they need to live in the US for the code to work.

Oh! Isn't super metroid one of the wii u VC games for free with club nintendo points? How about I redeem it and give that away too?

MADGAME

I want Pokemon.

Very sympathetic, my Doberman has 3 major heart issues - congestive heart failure, dilated cardiomyopathy, and an arrhythmia. Diagnosis is 6 months or less to live. It's devastating.

Level 3 emergency care for 3 days, seeing veterinary cardiologists and medication totaling $230/month have put me under almost $4,000 at this point, and it's only been 3 months. It hurts the pockets real bad, but not as bad as losing family.

Good luck James, Libby is lucky to have an owner like you.

I already have Pokemon, but even so, I wish this little cat the best of luck. I'm glad the OP says the cat is doing well.

Get well soon Libby!

maxcriden

Can I join in with the donating? Next week I am buying Mario Kart 8 and since I get a free game and everything under the american section I either own or don't care for, I was planning on giving it away for someone in the "free to a good home" thread but this looks like it is for a good cause.

So yeah, assuming that I get a game code for the free game and not an auto-download, I will make it a game of sombodies choice. IIRC they need to live in the US for the code to work.

Oh! Isn't super metroid one of the wii u VC games for free with club nintendo points? How about I redeem it and give that away too?

That would be terrific. Thank you so much. Let's take this to PMs.

JJD

I want Pokemon!

Does this gofundme site accepts international credit cards? I never used this site before.

maxcriden

I want Pokemon!

Does this gofundme site accepts international credit cards? I never used this site before.

I'm not sure, sorry. Give it a shot, or use Paypal if you're more comfortable. If neither work PM me and we can figure out something else I'm sure. Thanks!

Raps93

Banned
I want pokemon!. Hope everything turns out great!

Edit:Just saw your new post. Just got a Wii U last weekend so I would happily take anything I can get!

Just saw its US only :( why does Canada not get nice things!

Hip Hop

Hope Libby makes a full recovery.

I've lost a pet to cancer and it really hurts when you really can't do much for them. She was about to be 5 years old, so it really hurts more when they are younger like Libby is.

maxcriden

Now also giving away:

Super Mario World Wii U
Super Metroid Wii U
Wii U Giveaway from MK8 - Pikmin 3, NSMBU, WWHD, or Wii Party U

doFpu9YFDin-zPZU-xY4aLXSGH594PEx.png

If you entered prior to this edit, and want one of the above games, please edit your post to say what you want. You can ask for as many games as you want, but if you win one, you cannot win another.

I want Super Metroid WiiU.

I'll Paypal somethingi'm just waiting for my salary. I'll also link the topic on my social networks, i have a cat that i love and i can't imagine how depressed i'd be if something like this would happen to her.

maxcriden

I want Super Metroid WiiU.

I'll Paypal somethingi'm just waiting for my salary. I'll also link the topic on my social networks, i have a cat that i love and i can't imagine how depressed i'd be if something like this would happen to her.

Thanks Smooth, any way you can spread the word is much appreciated!

I want MK8.

I almost never do any online transactions for security reasons (I don't trust online transactions), but I really want to help for a couple reasons; 1. The poor thing needs help! 2. You're my friend so I want to help even more!

Best I could do is either buck up and at least put something in, OR, give actual money to a friend to do it for me. Weird I know. I'm just not comfortable with doing online transactions unless they're with a pre-paid credit card.

No matter what I do, I certainly hope for the best and wish Libby the best of luck and good health. I myself do suffer from pretty severe medial problems as well. :(

Edit: BUT I can try to spread this! To twitter and SonicStadium I go! AWAY! *woosh* Edit: Done!

https://twitter.com/GoldMetalSonic/status/469305020157267969

http://board.sonicstadium.org/statuses/user/820-hero-of-legend/?status_id=602653

maxcriden

Forgive my ignorance, but should I be saying NA rather than US for this giveaway? I don't know if there are technically any region/eShop differences for Canada vs. US for the eShop (for Pokemon) or the CN promo games. If there aren't, Canadians are free to enter.

Forgive my ignorance, but should I be saying NA rather than US for this giveaway? I don't know if there are technically any region/eShop differences for Canada vs. US for the eShop (for Pokemon) or the CN promo games. If there aren't, Canadians are free to enter.

Might help. Any code in US should also work for Canada. I've won and have been given codes before and they were never specified as one or the other, just NA.

Top Bottom