• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fresh Tingle's Rose Colored Rupee Land (DS) screenshots

Snow

A Link to the Past said:
TWW TINGLE IS MM TINGLE IS OOS TINGLE IS TMC TINGLE IS FSA TINGLE IS TRPG TINGLE

QFMFTB
Hmm... There actually is Tingle-fied version of the Link backstory from the Wind Waker opening hidden in that game. It's kinda funny, and sort of relevant:
The Legend of the Fairy

It is said that long ago, a boy garbed in green known as the Hero of Time saved this land. However, on a certain island, there is also the story of the fairy who saved that hero...

It is said that the Hero of Time met the fairy in the midst of his travels. The fairy appeared before the Hero, who had found himself lost in darkness. With a mystic power, it would float in midair, dancing above his head like a burst balloon.

After the fairy handed the lost Hero a map, it flew off as quickly as it had appeared. Better able to foresee places of danger than the Hero, the fairy marked them on a map. The Legend goes on to say the quest of the Hero of Time was saved by this plump figure...

Fairies live for thousands of years... but this odd fairy was a bit different. This mystical fairy was born near a lake, and when he met the Hero, he was but 35. Beyond that, there is little known about that fairy...

The little-known Legend of the Fairy's 35th Birthday
On one island they celebrate one's 35th birthday with a green coat and red pants. They do this in the hopes of becoming like the legendary fairy, Tingle.

I just translated the main part, actually:

Introducing an RPG starring the popular (?) character from the Legend of Zelda series, Tingle! As this game begins, Tingle is still living the life of a normal middle-aged guy. Just as it begins to seem that his days will forever pass without meaning, he hears his calling: "Come to the spring."

When he goes to the spring, a man by the name of "Rupi-jii" appears! He tells Tingle that if he collects Rupees (money) and throws them into the sprint, he will be able to go to the paradise of dreams, a place called Rupee Land. He agrees with this plan, and is thus reincarnated as the magical "Tingle." If he runs out of rupees, his life runs out too.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So, basically, it sounds like a Japanese fairy Wario joins Scientology.

Nintendo has done it again! Brilliant!

Snow said:
Hmm... There actually is Tingle-fied version of the Link backstory from the Wind Waker opening hidden in that game. It's kinda funny, and sort of relevant:
wait what?
so that text is actually hidden in the game disc? any more info on what else is there?

fu impostor

haha. okay.. now I'm tied to Link to the Past in some not so obscure way.. uh, noooooooooooo

Darth_Bondage_wm.jpg

Trurl said:
The tingle haters get the recognition while us true Tingle fans get nothing. It's an outrage! >:-O

Don't worry, one day we'll beat the haters.

Edit: Actually, we should take this opportunity to nab up #1. and #2. Tinkle fanboys! Tinkle is the true name of Tingle, and the Tingle fanboys are just posers.

I get to be the #1. Tinkle fanboy.

Cheebs

Pfft you guys are all liars saying you are a fan to get a tag. HOW MANY OF YOU SCREAMED WITH GLEE WITH YOU SAW TINGLE IN TWW? ME THATS WHO!

Kooloo-Limpah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tingle.jpg

Cheebs said:
Pfft you guys are all liars saying you are a fan to get a tag. HOW MANY OF YOU SCREAMED WITH GLEE WITH YOU SAW TINGLE IN TWW? ME THATS WHO!

Kooloo-Limpah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tingle.jpg

*hand*

I was a fan of Tingle before it became cool. Or silly.

BooJoh

Part of my soul died when I saw Tingle in Minish Cap. He creeps me out thoroughly.

...I'll probably buy the game >_<

Top Bottom