• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game KickStarter: $700k, 1 vs7 MP. The game Sessler teased.

Would this have had a chance at doing better if it didn't have a large list of milestone goals reaching as high as several million dollars?

I feel like when I see a project have such high milestone goals, all I see are things that just aren't making it into the game I'm backing, and here it's a very big list.

peakish

Knew it would make it, but I have to eat crow on how sure I was that they would show off some gameplay footage before it was over. Unless they throw in something at the last minute, although that would be super weird timing.

Would this have had a chance at doing better if it didn't have a large list of milestone goals reaching as high as several million dollars?

I feel like when I see a project have such high milestone goals, all I see are things that just aren't making it into the game I'm backing, and here it's a very big list.
Honestly I don't like the look of it, either. But I'm not sure how much it impacts backers. Indivisible has even more trouble getting off ground than this, and they haven't shown off any stretch goals at all. On the other hand Bloodstained had a lot of crap to reach and set records (can't remember if they were available before reaching the initial target though).

Hari Seldon

The problem is the multiplayer only focus.

Simo

Not sure if anyone has been keeping up on this, lots of updates including the mocap sessions started last week, but the devs revealed the character model for Part 3 Jason at PAX South today:
12604912_1269295343085961_8292570575991053540_o.jpg

12640245_1269295346419294_4618688731928317261_o.jpg

12605300_1269295336419295_6797594314257935458_o.jpg

12615539_1269295386419290_7910798849689169944_o.jpg

12657310_1269295409752621_8130799183864975035_o.jpg

12604639_1269295419752620_1811123203397163256_o.jpg

ryan13ts

That's so awesome. I'm glad to see they're somehow integrating creative kills into the game. Some of them even look context/area specific, which is sooooo much more better and interesting than simply "Jason wacked (Insert councler) with machete.

I wonder if since they have Part 3's Jason in the game, if they will have various scenarios from across all the movies that you can play out with each films respective characters? That would be incredible if so. Either way, I think this has the potential to be a lot of fun. I'm one of those rare people that loved Evolve, so I'm totally down for another game in that style, especially one that's based in horror.

kodecraft

I'm excited for this game. I'm a big Friday fan. This is based off of 80's Friday part 3 Jason right?

Cool if so. Although, based 2009 Derek Mears' Jason is best Jason.

kodecraft

Hope they dont carry that over to the main game, as Jason never make any noises at all really

He did make noises, Jason Goes to Hell is the most obvious one to allow his grunts and such, I hope it stays in.

Its not he roars or anything but he does make grunts and breathes heavily.

gabbo

He did make noises, Jason Goes to Hell is the most obvious one to allow his grunts and such, I hope it stays in.

Its not he roars or anything but he does make grunts and breathes heavily.

So long as the 'fuck' he mutters because he's not getting the sleeping bag kill to work right isn't there, grunts are fine.

drotahorror

The 'fuck" was because he fucked up his arm.

I'm sure it's just Hodder getting into it. Surely Jason won't be a grunting madman in the game.

Pinky

Banned
Those Part 3 models! Super impressive and dead on. They seem to be putting a lot of love into this. As a F13 fan, this makes me super excited!

Compsiox

Banned
Wow this is looking really amazing! I bet it's going to be very replayable.

This is going to be the next Counter Strike. It'll be around for a long time with a booming community.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finding myself getting more excited for this. I couldn't fund the Kickstarter,but you bet I'll be on this Day 1. Here's hoping it comes out good.

NolbertoS

It's interesting, but I still prefer the NES version for some reason. Have many fun memories trying to kill Jason and his mother.

grhoffi

Neo Member
The Hide and Seek footage gave me instant Alien: Isolation vibe. I have no idea if the gameplay is 1st/3rd person or what but AI style hide & seek and fear of impending death in the hands of this relentless beast would be perfect for this kind of game IMO.

EDIT: Oh, it is a 3rd person MP. Well, another time then...

Top Bottom