• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full E3 Press Conference Dates/Times (Nintendo, MS, Sony, EA, Ubisoft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely shaping up to be an interesting year. Looking forward to it.

Hopefully Konami shows a few decent titles at their conference.
To market the shit out of, of course

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Hopefully Konami shows a few decent titles at their conference.
To market the shit out of, of course

Like Suikoden VI?

lol will never happen

plank said:
I wonder how Sony will go about there conference considering the recent problems of the PSN.
well they've already had a conference and apologized so i'm guessing they'll put it past them and not say anything.

Door2Dawn

Banned
auy4l.jpg

I love that Tak Fuji has a great sense of humor on his Facebook posts.

his post from today --

Tak Fuji
WOW! E3 is coming up, what extreeeeme conference are you guys most looking foward to? Love you guys!
2 hours ago · Like · Comment

I think he is preparing us for another memorable Konami conference...

Mr. E. Yis said:

his post from today --

Tak Fuji
WOW! E3 is coming up, what extreeeeme conference are you guys most looking foward to? Love you guys!

Aww, that's great.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Mr. E. Yis said:

his post from today --

Tak Fuji

YESSS. I just hope he's not too self-aware like Charlie Sheen or something. Is he involved with any announced projects?

Fantastical said:
YESSS. I just hope he's not too self-aware like Charlie Sheen or something. Is he involved with any announced projects?
yea, it's not gonna be funny if they try to be funny and terrible.

mj1108

I'm guessing Sony and MS figure it's best to not follow after Nintendo's conference just in case Cafe makes a big splash and is all that is talked about. This way they get a day or so in the news cycle.

watershed

Banned
I'm assuming there have already been hundreds of posts saying they can't wait for the Konami conference. Personally I'm really looking forward to Sony and Nintendo's conferences.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
DoomXploder7 said:
yea, it's not gonna be funny if they try to be funny and terrible.
His self-awareness scares me a bit.

If it is a self-conscious all singing all dancing all extreeeeeme extravaganza it could still be amazing, and amazingly embarassing.

So assuming it goes ahead, Konami still edges out Nintendo as the one to watch.

manzo

Nintendo & MS: 9pm GMT+2
Sony: 3am FUUUUUUCCCKKKK

*marks the following day as out-of-office

Looks like an all-nighter!

I'm confirmed going to Sony's Press Conference! Yay, I'm so excited. And I'm sooo happy it's Monday night not Tuesday morning. Going to be a great E3!

Feep

Banned
Darknessbear said:
I'm confirmed going to Sony's Press Conference! Yay, I'm so excited. And I'm sooo happy it's Monday night not Tuesday morning. Going to be a great E3!
Man, I still gotta get confirmation...I'm good for Nintendo's, but I gotta get the others nailed down soon. Sony fills up quick.

Galen Center has plenty of seats, though.

mr.hands

Banned
Nintendo E3 2010 was a big disappointment to me. Almost everything they showed turned out 'bad', or didn't even release yet. It's no surprise they lost millions in sales and billions in revenue.
Having said that, I think this E3 can only be better for them.
They will show an HD zelda glimpse, for the fanboys it will be like heaven, even if that game eventually doesn't release before 2014, and will be another Twilight Princess; i.e., years late, big OOT ripoff, semi-disappointing, etc.
The new system should have some potential at least.

As for Microsoft: I was also severely disappointed. This year they have 2 exclusive games; Gears of War 4 and Forza 3. They will show those, but after that?
Some more, "world exclusive" third party reveals?
Modern Warfare 3 with 1 month exclusive maps, Bioshock 3, Mass Effect 3.
Some more kinect games nobody will be interested in (aside from non-gamers who will generate good profits).

To counter the Nintendo console, they will show an offline CGI (pleonasm :D) render of Halo4, it will be like the fake 'realtime' CGI Halo3 and Halo:reach in engine reveal trailers, but this time they will say "bla bla this is top secret, but it will be the graphics of Xbox 4 and we will have more on this system the next year, bla bla backward compatible, but all games will be like this so stay tuned!"

And that will be the end of the MS E3 2011.

As for Sony, they will show a lot of games. A lot of attention for Uncharted 3, Infamous 2 also, some Resistance. ICO HD or the new team ICO game? and of course some new games we didn't know about.
Then they will announce Skype for PSN, which will be on PS3 and NGP (PSP probably only the psp 2000 models because of 64MB).
Cross game, cross application chat. You can make phone calls while playing PSN or whatever. People will complain that this is 'cheating' and not fair compared to other console online platform, but it will fall on deaf ears.

Also the NGP will get some serious coverage, they will show the HDMI out adapter and demonstrate compatibility to the new movie-rental service deals and netflix for NGP. Also a lot of games, demonstrated on big screen in realtime through the TV out.
Also some new PSP games even, just to show they care about the platform.

$349,- will be an extreme disappointment though..

Bru

Yes! The three keynotes I wanted to see are spread across Monday and Tuesday. I'm off to the Download Festival on the Wednesday and was worried I'd miss the lot.

Metalmurphy said:
I don't see how anyone can be excited for the NGP at this E3. We already had the big reveal, with games and everything.

The entire thing is hinging on price. People want to know how much this supposed beast is going to cost them before deciding if they would rather save their money for an iPad 2 or Wii 2.

People also want to know what the plans for 3G are and how Sony plan to make it affordable considering the gross subscription charges for these services.

As for games, they showed very little at the reveal. about four genuine games, a bunch of tech demos, and some announcements comprised of nothing but a logo do not create confidence in a new console. They are effectively trying to sell it on potential, like they had to do in 2006 when PS3 had no games. In terms of what the competition offers, it was basically half of what Nintendo had at their E3 2010 reveal.

and let's not even forget that it doesn't yet have a proper name...

NGP info is very much my most anticipated info at E3.

Feep

Banned
mr.hands said:
Nintendo E3 2010 was a big disappointment to me. Almost everything they showed turned out 'bad', or didn't even release yet. It's no surprise they lost millions in sales and billions in revenue.
Epic Yarn was amazing.

Donkey Kong was more than amazing.

Epic 3DS reveal, and TONS of third support shown. Kid Icarus looks ridiculous good.

New Zelda shown and demoed.

I mean, obviously a lot of this stuff isn't out yet, but E3 does not solely exist to hype the coming twelve months. It's about showing future products. Nintendo's press conference was the winner last year, hands down.

mr.hands

Banned
Feep said:
New Zelda shown and demoed.

Nintendo's press conference was the winner last year, hands down.

I agree on the TONS of games, but I think your memory is blurry, when talking about the things I quoted above.

the zelda demonstration was absolutely empty and boring, plus motion controls were either really imprecise, or didn't even work at all, as a clueless miyamoto demonstrated on stage.

Aside from the 3DS, which main attraction is in itself a disappointment (see almost every single review, user review out there, or just buy one and see for yourself) and the 2 games you wrote, there was nothing much to see imo.
So you either missed the other keynotes, or your memory is acting up, imo :)

edit: to help your memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4XpGnegMns
edit2: you could hear a mouse fart in the room during the presentation of the 'new' zelda

Mr. E. Yis said:

his post from today --

Tak Fuji

No console/game unvailing will ever top Konami conference 2010

rpmurphy

mr.hands said:
I agree on the TONS of games, but I think your memory is blurry, when talking about the things I quoted above.

the zelda demonstration was absolutely empty and boring, plus motion controls were either really imprecise, or didn't even work at all, as a clueless miyamoto demonstrated on stage.

Aside from the 3DS, which main attraction is in itself a disappointment (see almost every single review, user review out there, or just buy one and see for yourself) and the 2 games you wrote, there was nothing much to see imo.

Zelda was the weakpoint of the keynote since the live demo wasn't working, but everything else felt like a deluge of new info that we didn't expect.

Clearly

Neo Member
Oh, I get it, E3: June 6, 2011... 15 years later.

Moscow: June 6, 1996... 50 years later. :O

Come on, Kojima. Bring forth the bioroid menace. It's time.

Feep

Banned
mr.hands said:

edit2: you could hear a mouse fart in the room during the presentation of the 'new' zelda
(laugh) No, I remember...I was in the fifth row. = D

There were obviously technical problems on that stage, and it *was* a weak opener. We all had some hands-on time later with SS, and it was controlling just fine.

Still great to see it, though.

Vagabundo

Who had the best streaming last year for the big N conf?

I'll be in work, but I might be able to swiong an early shift and watch live.

Triton55

Hmm... Monday and Tuesday, just before my finals, but I have no tests on those days at least. I can spare the time to watch the conferences, but I'll have to resist the urge to constantly F5 GAF so I can study (at least a little bit).

luffeN

MMaRsu said:
What are the times in gmt+1?
I wrote down the following:
  • Microsoft: 6. June 19:00
  • EA: 6. June 21:30
  • Ubisoft: 6. June 23:30
  • Sony: 7. June 02:00
  • Nintendo: 7. June 19:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom