• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full F-Zero AX arcade game found on F-Zero GX disc

Zeldana

Neo Member
Never found an arcade cabinet in any of the surrounding states so I don't know how I'd feel about trying the new discovery on for size. Plus I have the AX tracks unlocked and that's more important to me than new rules and options. I still might check it out anyway for the novelty.

Back in the early GCN days I spent just as much (if not more) time playing both Super Monkey Ball games and when I switched over to GX it just felt...off. Mostly familiar, of course, but just different enough to irk me and even now, playing it years later, it still feels broken and it's driven me crazy not being able to pinpoint the exact problem. Like everything feels fine when you're on the road but as soon as you're airborne or twisting around a tube the physics feel strained and nonsensical. But maybe that's just me. (I still love the game to death.)

Anyway, mad props to folks who can pilot the Death Anchor with any degree of control, that's the one racer I could never ever ever get the hang of driving.

Zeldana

Neo Member
could you explain this
Dude, I checked. Looked desperately. The three or so listed confirmed arcades I called in my state got rid of theirs. In the end I chalked it up to bad luck and finding out about it too late so I gave up.

Edit: Ah, nm, misunderstood. Guess I just stopped caring. I mean I don't feel the same rush as everyone else to try it out asap and it probably has to do with the failed quest I mentioned earlier.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I unlocked the AX tracks. They were awesome, and the process of unlocking them was fun.

Screw unlocking the racers, though. Story Mode was terrible.

orznge

Banned
Dude, I checked. Looked desperately. The three or so listed confirmed arcades I called in my state got rid of theirs. In the end I chalked it up to bad luck and finding out about it too late so I gave up.

no I mean do you feel uncomfortable about using the code as a result of your not being able to find a machine to throw a few quarters in?

Keasar

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

My copy is at the office! All I need now is a Gameshark! Or at least homebrewing my Wii!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why did this take so long to find? I don't know, given how many pirates are out there, I figured this would have been uncovered within the same release year. Odd. Any insight?

Zeldana

Neo Member
no I mean do you feel uncomfortable about using the code as a result of your not being able to find a machine to throw a few quarters in?
Yeah, pretty much. Back then I frequently travelled so it wouldn't have been a big deal to go a little out of my way one afternoon and play, but there was really nowhere to go.
It's really not that big of a deal, I guess I just feel burnt out from playing so much back then + missing out on trying the full arcade experience (or wtvr) at least once.

Buuuut it's good to know there's multiple ways of getting to the new content.

Nyoro SF

You need a Wii with homebrew or a GameCube with several other pieces of hardware. It's very simple to do from a Wii but I don't know how much we can discuss this on NeoGAF.

That's good enough for me. Thanks. Hopefully I can figure this out on my own, there's quite a few gamecube games I wanted to poke through.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Here's a message from a developer for Endless Ocean (Wii):

Poor guy probably needed a break from programming / testing.

what's this about endless ocean? link please?

Also, how do you get these codes working in dolphin? I'm trying to copy and paste but it won't let me...

canocha

You can find some pretty whacky stuff in games. I remember poking around in Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 when I was younger - pretty much half of EP 1 & 2 data is just sitting around. Also half of the cards are disabled and normally unplayable in-game (but fully completed sans card art) but with some messing around you can get them all playable in game (all of the monsters from EP 1 & 2 are in the game). Also the ability to play as your own character is hidden away as well.

GCNRD (GCN Remote Debugger) was incredible!

Any info or pictures!? I love PSO, played the shit out of PSO v1, v2, ep 1 & 2... never got into ep 3 (bought it anyway!)

Doesn't unlocking the AX tracks conventionally do the same thing? You get to use the AX tracks in Grand Prix mode that way, right?

I'm trying to think what else was different about AX (aside from the controls, obviously).

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Wait people are saying this can be done on homebrew? We need to go deeper.

Asimov

Banned
I just can't believe hasn't released a new F-Zero games in years!

And no... the Nintendoland attraction doesn't count.

Fandangox

This was known 10 years ago. My brother unlocked it after beating the master class.

Once again. This is not what this is.

What this is about is that the entire AX arcade game (not the AX content that can be unlocked in GX) is playable in the GX disc through action replay.

Top Bottom