• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full F-Zero AX arcade game found on F-Zero GX disc

Can this hidden "debug" areas of the game disc be uncovered by using PC Dolphin emulator?

The AX unlockables in GX I can't see many here unlocking in the past, so there's much more new to them here.

An HD remaster of GX for Wii U was one of the biggest reasons I wanted a universal achievement system. Sadly that didn't happen. Would have been nice to compare accomplishments with others with some of the hard things to do in the game.

I don't know how to convey running around my apartment screaming and waving my hands in the air in joy via the Internet. But that's what I'm doing right now.

-PXG-

Ah, I think I got it working perfectly. The only time I experience any frame drops is in the vehicle select screen.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Geez guys I ordered a Gamecube Action Replay and then really quickly cancelled the order when I read so many negative Amazon reviews that stated you couldn't punch your own codes into the thing.

Caveat Emptor until we research a bit and make sure it's possible with current Action Replays. I've read you may need to get "an old one."

EDIT: No foolin...
ActionReplayGamecubeReviews.jpg

Timeless

what's this about endless ocean? link please?

Also, how do you get these codes working in dolphin? I'm trying to copy and paste but it won't let me...

Dolphin supports Action Replay codes. You don't need Gecko OS codes. Click the link I posted for the AR codes.

I found the EO developer note myself. There's a 700 MB file called GAME.DAT on the disc that contains all game data. It's got some text for a debug menu, too, but I don't think the menu is accessible in the game.

ROMver - 6/7 (Fri)
I'm so busy, my eyes are spinning, Useful debug functions. Adjust game progression. Advance 13% (After gaining partner)? Advance 20% (Before underwater cave)? Advance 24% (Before deep dive)? Advance 29% (Before entering ruins)? Advance 36% (Start of final event)? Advance 44% (Before placing sensors)? Advance 52% (After the ending)?

OK. I tinkered with the flag.
Okay, I won't do anything.

Warning! These debug commands will soon be gone.

Oh, you've raised an example flag. I'll send you all the items as a mail attachment.

Send all hairstyles? Send all suits? Send all jackets? Send all tanks? Send all boots? Send all gloves?

OK. All sent!

Okay, I won't do anything.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm now fully expecting Mega Man 9's secret to be revealed in about 8 years.

Full, playable Mega Man Legends 3.

Just went back and played about an hour of GX for the first time in years. So good but it absolutely murdered my arse, no idea how I managed to unlock the AX courses back then.

Fandangox

So we traded the classic core IPs like FZero, Mother, and Starfox in for their new casual IPS like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Nintendogs.

Well we got Xenoblade (Still have to play that) Last Story, W101 coming, they revived Kid Icarus, Sin and Punishment, etc. Its not that bad.

I don't think Mother would have been feasible anyway, it depends on Itoi and he said that he didn't want to make a new one.

Starfox is not as popular as it was before, but it does get releases every now and then (DS game, 64 3ds remake)
F-Zero needs to come back. Waverace too.

Spike

Nice! I created the Gecko/Ocarina cheat code, and it is working perfectly!

My fave game of the gen just keeps on giving. I love it!

For some reason I always thought that AX was in the disk. So the news surprises me, because it surprises everyone else, because I probably was a dumb child and didnt know anything.

Uhyve

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Dolphin crashes when I try to record with FRAPs. I was hoping to make a video :/
You can record video directly from Dolphin using the Dump Frames option in the Graphics Config (Advanced tab), unfortunately while you can also dump the audio (found in Audio config), they won't go into the same file. But if you can be bothered syncing them up in post, then it's a viable alternative.

Soup Bar

For some reason I always thought that AX was in the disk. So the news surprises me, because it surprises everyone else, because I probably was a dumb child and didnt know anything.

It's not but this might be easier than actually beating whatever is required. Damn game is impossible.

Discovered a copy of F-Zero GX in a local second hand shop yesterday for $2.70. Bought it because...well, why not, it was only $2.70. Got home that evening to find this news. =D

Now if only I could find a Gamecube Action Replay or similar....the prices on eBay seem to be getting higher already.

It's not but this might be easier than actually beating whatever is required. Damn game is impossible.

I've always been attracted to challenge. So maybe some day I will give it another go. Orrrrrrrr... Nintendo could just release F-Zero WiiU and I can be challenged by that game instead.

Village

Maybe this is a thing in all racing games.
QUICK someone check transformed and if all the old stuff from the first all stars is playable in the new one, i want my damn motorcycles.

Pikma

Banned
I can only find one explanation for this:
Sega listened to all the fan voices ignored by Nintendo so Sakamoto and Nagoshi themselves traveled in time just to add AX to regular GX discs, then they came back and spread the word.
In other words, Sega Did what Nintendidn't.
Merci Sega, merci beaucoup.

dwu8991

Banned
Discovered a copy of F-Zero GX in a local second hand shop yesterday for $2.70. Bought it because...well, why not, it was only $2.70. Got home that evening to find this news. =D

Now if only I could find a Gamecube Action Replay or similar....the prices on eBay seem to be getting higher already.

Play it on Wii with a wireless wavebird, on a HD projector with component cables, turn up the sound to max, turn all the lights off, seat yourself in rocker chair and enjoy the fastest show on earth !!!

This makes the local auction I lost for an AX Deluxe cabinet that much easier to swallow.

How I totally missed this news when it originally dropped I have NO IDEA.

Mobius 1

This is not an overstatement - I'm going to go buy a Gamecube and the required appointments tomorrow.

Glorious, glorious day.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I have a Wii but its legit. Presuming all this Gecko talk is home brew?

Top Bottom