• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of Amazon Black Friday deals.

dyls said:
Doesn't work anymore :(

The email I got:

[snip]

So, I printed out the return mailing label (it had already shipped) and ordered another two for the same price I had gotten the one for. :D Had gotten the original for my parents, but figured for $5 I'd like one of my own.

If they had just given me the $5 credit, they would have saved themselves some money. Now they have to pay for my shipping the original copy back, as well as pay for shipping me the two new copies, which are being shipped separately from the rest of that order which costs them even more. I didn't really want to screw them as they have been doing a phenomenal job, but I'm not going to let myself get screwed either.
Well, it just worked for me when I did it over the phone. It probably helped that the order was placed yesterday and hasn't even shipped yet.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
dyls said:
So, I printed out the return mailing label (it had already shipped) and ordered another two for the same price I had gotten the one for. :D Had gotten the original for my parents, but figured for $5 I'd like one of my own.

Now, wait a second here... if you return something, don't they normally charge you for shipping it back to them?

I'd gladly take advantage of the newly lower prices on several items I purchased if I didn't have to pay for the shipping (which would often negate the savings itself). I thought Amazon only gave you free shipping on returns if there was a problem with the order due to their error?

I'm using Amazon prime at the moment.

The Spore parts pack is down to $5.
500194935916_lrg.png
500194938744_lrg.png

MrDaravon

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Well, it just worked for me when I did it over the phone. It probably helped that the order was placed yesterday and hasn't even shipped yet.

Yeah, they will only do the price guarantee thing now if your order has NOT shipped yet. If you manage to get one after it's shipped, consider yourself very lucky now.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Got Far Cry 2 for the PC even though my computer can't run it. Guess I'll get a chance to play it when I build a new system around March!

Az987

all good things
picked up Eternal Poison for 19.95$, 2pk of PS2 mem cards for 6.95$ and a PSP case for
2.95$

I wanted to get PSP component cables for 4.95$ but they went back up

Boy the Cyber Monday deals suck. The only thing remotely good I see is Spore for $20. I guess they exhausted all their bargains on Black Friday/Saturday.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Death_Born said:
Boy the Cyber Monday deals suck. The only thing remotely good I see is Spore for $20. I guess they exhausted all their bargains on Black Friday/Saturday.
Where are you seeing the Cyber Monday deals?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Quick question. Fable 2 ships tomorrow and I purchased it at 50. Will they automatically do the price matching before shipping or should I just cancel the order now and wait for 2morrow?

DogWelder

Relix said:
Quick question. Fable 2 ships tomorrow and I purchased it at 50. Will they automatically do the price matching before shipping or should I just cancel the order now and wait for 2morrow?

I don't think they automatically price match unless you send a message to customer service. You could always cancel and buy it again.

OP is updated with Cyber Monday deals.

Edit: for the lazy:

***CYBER MONDAY DEALS***
Saints Row 2 (PS3/X360) - $43.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Fable II (X360) - $39.95 (Reg. $59.99)
BAJA: Edge of Control (X360) - $19.95 (Reg. $59.99)
LittleBigPlanet (PS3) - $39.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Rock Band 2 (PS3) - $43.95 (Reg. $59.99)
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Wii) - $43.95 (Reg. $49.99)
Game Party (Wii) - $9.95 (Reg. $19.95)
Wii Fit Rechargeable Battery Pack for Balance Board - $9.95 (Reg. $19.99)
Spore (PC) - $19.95 (Reg. $49.99)
Nintendo DS Lite Limited Edition Pink Ribbon - $99.95 (Reg. $129.99)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Thanks. Cancelled the purchase. Will just repurchase as soon as the new price goes down. By the way, when would that be? After midnight? Morning?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Those deals don't suck. RB2, LBP, and Fable 2 are definite pickups for some people.

RedBoot

Fallout 3 on the PC is back down to $35, which is pretty decent. My goal was to get it for less than retail before the G.E.C.K comes out, so I guess I did that. Picked up the Guild Wars stuff as well since people often recommend it to me and they were only $5 each. Those combined should get me pretty well set for PC gaming for the next year or so.

DogWelder

Relix said:
Thanks. Cancelled the purchase. Will just repurchase as soon as the new price goes down. By the way, when would that be? After midnight? Morning?

They are supposed to go up midnight PST, 3AM EST. Some of the deals went up early yesterday though, so you may want to check before that.

DuckRacer

From CAG:
iNCREDiPiNOY said:
Amazon Video Games: 15 Days, 15 Deals!

Now is the time of year when anticipation builds more with each passing day. It's also the time of year when Amazon Video Games has scores of fantastic deals happening all at once. There is no better way to celebrate the season than with a mashup of daily anticipation and fabulous deals!

Starting Tuesday, December 2 and continuing for 15 consecutive days, Amazon Video Games will be featuring one new, terrific deal for your gaming pleasure. Quantities will be limited!

The first deal will land at 12:00AM PST on Tuesday, December 2, 2008.

teiresias

I got a response from Amazon concerning my request for a refund since Personal Trainer Cooking dropped $5 since I ordered it, but before I shipped. I got the refund, but the email felt a little condescending, "I'm doing this because of the circumstances and against our policy, but please note we do not have a post-order pricing policy." Not verbatim, just the tone of the email felt a bit 'teacher talking down to a student' kind of thing.

One thing I liked about Amazon was that price guarantee, which I've never had problems with before. If this is an actual change in policy I'll need to rethink how quickly i hop on things that look to be "deals."

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
DuckRacer said:
From CAG:

Shit. Why, WHY. WHY!!!!!!!!!

vaderno.gif

teiresias said:
I got a response from Amazon concerning my request for a refund since Personal Trainer Cooking dropped $5 since I ordered it, but before I shipped. I got the refund, but the email felt a little condescending, "I'm doing this because of the circumstances and against our policy, but please note we do not have a post-order pricing policy." Not verbatim, just the tone of the email felt a bit 'teacher talking down to a student' kind of thing.

One thing I liked about Amazon was that price guarantee, which I've never had problems with before. If this is an actual change in policy I'll need to rethink how quickly i hop on things that look to be "deals."

Glad I canceled then. Just in case.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
teiresias said:

I got an e-mail almost exactly like that once after I shipped back FIFA because it came late and they tried to charge me a $30 restock fee. One of the few really bad experiences I've had with Amazon. Some of their customer service people are just dickish, even when they're in the wrong. Very weird.

robot

To those who missed out on some deals - check ebay. Live search is giving 30% cashback via paypal if you use BIN. I just found Boom Blox for $24.99 and $1 shipping, minus $7.50 cashback. Could come in handy on a few games.

It's always better to call places if you have the chance. Never had a problem with Amazon. I just called yesterday because I didn't get my $40 rebate form with my Logitech Z-5500s (AWESOME speakers for your PC/ small "home theater" alternative with DD 5.1 and DTS...for only $180 after the rebate which now ended). The lady I spoke to was very kind and just emailed a copy of the rebate for me to print out. Good thing they helped promptly too because I wasn't aware that the rebate form had to be mailed out by Dec. 3rd.

MrDaravon

teiresias said:

The Price Guarantee thing was dropped back in September, which is partly why I don't order as much from Amazon now. Technically I don't think they have to even do it if your order hasn't shipped yet, but most people seem to have no problems doing that. But once it's shipped you're out of luck unless you get a stupid CS rep.

That aside, LBP for $40 is mildllllly tempting.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheLegendary said:
It's always better to call places if you have the chance. Never had a problem with Amazon. I just called yesterday because I didn't get my $40 rebate form with my Logitech Z-5500s (AWESOME speakers for your PC/ small "home theater" alternative with DD 5.1 and DTS...for only $180 after the rebate which now ended). The lady I spoke to was very kind and just emailed a copy of the rebate for me to print out. Good thing they helped promptly too because I wasn't aware that the rebate form had to be mailed out by Dec. 3rd.

Agreed. It's the better way to go. The e-mail people seem to be slower, dumber, and snarkier.

i have always had great experiences with amazon customer service on price matching and refunds. they gladly refunded me $200 on my HDTV a couple years ago. they've always been more than willing to adjust the price match without acting like jerks.

also, i had pre ordered Kill Bill blu-ray last year at some point when the description was called "the whole bloody affair" and was supposed to include extras that weren't released before. well it came out and it was the same shit so i sent it back. usually they would charge you the shipping fee but they waived it for me after i told them the reason i was returning it.

i love amazon! buy 99% of my games/movies from amazon

Teknoman

Mrbob said:
Spore on ds is 50?

Do they mean the pc version for 20? That would be hot.

Thats what im thinking. DS version was never 49.99...

Also I hope Valkyria Chronicles goes on sale as well as a few other RPGs.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've placed 91 orders on Amazon this year. Which was why I was a bit miffed when they tried to charge me a $30 restock fee on a game and then got snarky about it. All was well in the end though which is why I continue to shop with them.

Top Bottom