• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

I've never done a "shared exclusive" attempt before, what's the best way to get one? I want Negatron from GameStop but more importantly I REALLY want Tinkles with Ghost in a Jar for my girlfriend. Is this the kind of thing where I'm gonna be camping out at TRU Wednesday night, or is it online only, or only certain shops get them? Or is it completely new to everyone this year so we're all sitting on our hands waiting to figure out how it works?

I've never done a "shared exclusive" attempt before, what's the best way to get one? I want Negatron from GameStop but more importantly I REALLY want Tinkles with Ghost in a Jar for my girlfriend. Is this the kind of thing where I'm gonna be camping out at TRU Wednesday night, or is it online only, or only certain shops get them? Or is it completely new to everyone this year so we're all sitting on our hands waiting to figure out how it works?

I don't think they do midnight openings for those, but I would be there bright and early when the store opens. Even B&N usually has a decent number of people hanging out there the morning the SDCC/NYCC exclusives go on sale.

I don't think they do midnight openings for those, but I would be there bright and early when the store opens. Even B&N usually has a decent number of people hanging out there the morning the SDCC/NYCC exclusives go on sale.

Oh yeah, sorry, I didn't mean they'd be doing a midnight opening I just am of the habit of camping out overnight instead of going early. I'm so paranoid and cautious about this kind of thing and I just know that no matter what time I decide to go, there will already be a line when I get there, so I usually opt to just camp in my car and as soon as someone else arrives to line up I get out and join them. It's the only way I can know for sure I'll get a decent spot in line. I know I'm crazy. ):

Doesn't help that I have NO idea where my local TRU stores their POPs or if they'll have a special place for these somewhere in the store so I wanna be like ready to pounce on that Ghost in a Jar!! O:<

Doesn't help that I have NO idea where my local TRU stores their POPs or if they'll have a special place for these somewhere in the store so I wanna be like ready to pounce on that Ghost in a Jar!! O:<

Just follow the middle-aged men run-walking to the POPs, then charge past them once you see your prize.

I would say just show up to the store a little before opening and you'll be alright. I don't see either Negatron or Tinkles being in high demand, so just being at the store close to opening should be fine.

Man, I totally forgot I have the sex bob-omb 3 pack from last year
Got a bunch of funkos from my cousins place for comic con, we ready

Glad to see the shared exclusives since that funko line is impossible, two pack twin peaks is mine &#128526;

remember if you are planning on going to hot topic, for some con releases they usually open an hour or half an hour early. Your local store should post about it on instagram tomorrow after the shared exclusives are announced with official info.

I will be going to barnes to get the Harry potter and free poster at 8
Hopefully hot topic at 9 for Clara, steve
Then my friend and I are splitting up and going to box lunch and gamestop to grab what the other wants. I want the twin peaks pack from bl and leia and mr clarke from gamestop.

Then hopefully snoke isnt difficult to grab from amazon.

The carbon fiber dva blizzard exclusive is also supposed to go up tomorrow, the 19th

Just follow the middle-aged men run-walking to the POPs, then charge past them once you see your prize.
Hah!

I would say just show up to the store a little before opening and you'll be alright. I don't see either Negatron or Tinkles being in high demand, so just being at the store close to opening should be fine.

I walked over to the local TRU and wandered around until I found them. Their display area is really weird, I can't imagine what it's going to look like with new or fresh Pops on it, or if they put them in a different place. It was just like 3 shelves, went to about stomach high on me so not full normal shelves, but 3 shelves with Pops just stuffed everywhere, no rhyme or reason to it. So hopefully the new ones will be there and on top and I can just grab my Tinkle and Ghost in a Jar and GTFO to work.

Zero315

Banned
Here's the shared list:

Funko Shop

Pop! Animation: Happy, happy, joy, Joy Ren &Stimpy 2-pack (2500pc LE)
Pop! Movies: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Scott with Sword of Destiny (2000pc LE)
Pop! Funko: Sike-O-Shriner (1000pc LE)
Rock Candy: Masters of the Universe - She-ra (1250pc LE)
Rock Candy: Scott Pilgrim vs. the world - Ramona Flowers (1250pc LE)
Action Figure: Red batmobile with Blue & Green batman (1500 LE)
Borbz Ridez: Masters of the Universe - Battle Armor Skeletor with Flocked Panthor
Pop! Animation: Looney Tunes - Stupor Daffy Duck (200pc LE)
Pop! Animation: The Jetsons - Rosie the Robot 3-pack (200pc LE)
Pop! Hanna-Barbera: 6" Big Gruesome (1600pc LE)
Dorbz: Huckleberry Hound 8-pack (1500pc LE)
Dorbz Ridez: Hanna-Barbera - Rufus Ruffcut with Sawtooth Buzzwagon (1500pc LE)
Dorbz Ridez: Hanna-Barbera - Peter Perfect (1500pc LE)
Rock Candy: The Jetsons - Judy jetson (2000pc LE)
Marvin the Martian Boxed Pop! Tee (500pc LE)
Huckleberry Hound Boxed Pop! Tee (500pc LE)

Amazon

Pop! Disney: Moana - hei hei
Pop! Star Wars: 6" Hologram Snoke

Box Lunch

Pop! Television: Mr. Robot - Masked Elliot
Dorbz Ridez: Aladdin - Aladdin & abu with Magic Carpet
Pop! television Westworld - Musashi
Pop! Television: Game of Thrones - Armored Mountain

Barnes & Noble

Pop! Animation: Scooby Doo - Flocked Blue Scooby Doo (2500pc LE)
Pop! Movies: Lord of the Rings - Aragorn & Arwen 2-pack
Pop! Books: Dr. Seuss - -Flocked Lorax
Pop! Disney: Winnie the Pooh - Flocked Tigger
Pop! Harry Potter: Harry Potter on Broom
Pop! Television: Masters of the Universe - GITD Scareglow
Pop! Television: The Tick - GITD The Tick

Diamond Comics

Pop! Television: Power Rangers - 6" Megazord

Entertainment Earth

Dorbz: DC - Classic Nightwing & Deathstroke 2-pck (1500pc LE)

F.Y.E.

Pop! Disney: Flocked Chip & Dale 2-Pack
Pop! Heroes: Wonder twins - Zan, Jayna & Gleek 3-pack
Rock Candy: The Flintstones - Wilma Flintstone
Rock Candy: The Flintstones - Betty Rubble

GameStop

Pop! South Park: Mint-Berry Crunch
Pop! Movies: Suicide Squad Jocker-Inspired Batman
Pop! Heroes: Animated Batman - Manbat
Pop! Television: Stranger Things - Mr. Clarke
Pop! Marvel: Spider-man Homecoming -tony Stark with Helmet
Pop! Star Wars: Hologram leia & R2-D2 2-pack
Pop! Animation: CatDog - Flocked CatDog
Pop! Disney: Darkwing Duck - Glow-in-the-dark Negatron
Pop! Games: Elder Scrolls - 6" Dwarven Colossus
Rock Candy: Marvel - Gwenpool

Hot Topic

Pop! South Park: The Coon
Pop! Marvel: Gwenpool with Selfie Stick
Pop! Television: The Walking Dead - T-Dog
Pop! Television: Stranger Things - Steve
Pop! Harry Potter: Luna Lovegood with Glasses
Pop! Television: Doctor who - clara
Pop! Movies: Fantastic Beasts - 6" Occamy
Pop! Movies: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - NegaScott (LE)
Pop! Games: Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location - Jumpscare Funtime Foxy
Pop! Rides: Supernatural - Baby with Dean
VYNL.:poison lyn & Batgirl (2500pc LE)
Pop! Animation: Duck Dodgers - Neon Pink Marvin the Martian (2500pc LE)
Dorbz: Hanna-Barbera - Knight Yosemite & Jester Bugs Bunny 2-pack (2700pc LE)

Target

Pop! Star Wars: Rogue One - Bodhi Rook
Pop! Heroes: Interplanetary Batman
Pop! Television: Westworld - Young Ford

Toy Tokyo

Pop! Television: Power Rangers - 6" Megazord
Pop! heroes: Blue Chrome batman
Dorbz: Game of Thrones - Tormund & Brienne 2-pack
Dorbz Ridez: Masters of the Universe - Battle Armor Skeletor with Flocked Panthor
Pop! Animation Looney Tunes - Mr. Hyde & Bugs Bunny 2-pack (850pc LE)
Pop! Animation: Hanna-Barbera - Rufus Ruffcut with Sawtooth (750c LE)
Pop! Animation: Hanna-barbera - Peter Perfect (750pc LE)

Toys r Us

Pop! Movies: Wonder Woman - Ares
Pop! Movies: Justice league - Bruce Wayne
Pop! Animation: Rick & Morty - Tinkles with Ghost in a jar
Drobz: Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman & Ares 2-pack

Walgreens

Pop! Marvel: Red She-Hulk
Pop! Marvel: Bucky Captain America

Walmart (These will be online only according to the list)

Pop! Star wars: Rouge One- Combat Assault Tank Trooper
Pop! Television: teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Baxter Stockman
Pop! Movies Justice league - Aquaman with Motherbox
Pop! Games: Five Nights at Freddy's Sister Location - Jumpscare Baby

No Mr toad, so he must just be shared overseas. Hopefully I can snag him from FPI, but im guessing they will put them up when I am asleep like every other time.

THere is also no funko shop item today, over the next 4 days they will put up all of their shared exclusives as staggered times. That is going to be a ton in shipping charges. Ill probably try to get ren and stimpy,

There are also a ton of errors in their list they posted. Like Daffy is 2000, not 200.

Zero315

Banned
No Mr toad, so he must just be shared overseas. Hopefully I can snag him from FPI, but im guessing they will put them up when I am asleep like every other time.

THere is also no funko shop item today, over the next 4 days they will put up all of their shared exclusives as staggered times. That is going to be a ton in shipping charges. Ill probably try to get ren and stimpy,

There are also a ton of errors in their list they posted. Like Daffy is 2000, not 200.

Yeah, I was gonna say he may be shared somewhere as the Funko list seems to have lots of fuck ups. The Roxy Richter pop is gonna be shared through the Funko Shop but isn't on their list, and the Scooby Doo is listed as B&N but has a product page on Box Lunch.

hydruxo

There are a lot I'm interested in from the SDCC list but I'm going to stick to the two Stranger Things pops. Hopefully I can just snag them both online and not have to deal with the hassle of going to the stores. Hot Topic wouldn't be too bad but I hate Gamestop.

Zero315

Banned
I just follow the funkopop reddit for all info. Stuff is posted extremely fast there
Yeah, the funkopop Reddit is probably the quickest way of getting news of when something goes live.

I think things should go a lot smoother this year, especially in store. Last year was a complete clusterfuck.

Zero315

Banned
I just hope it's not too difficult to order my mom an Ares pop to finish out her Wonder Woman collection.

I don't think you'll have a hard time with that one. Speaking of him though I fixed a couple things on the list, for some reason Funko had him listed as the Peter Perfect pop under Toys r Us.

Speaking of Toys r Us, don't forget they also have their own SDCC exclusives:

X-23 and Scott Pilgrim with Plumtree Tee:
14787_Marvel_X23_POP_GLAM_HiRes_large.jpg

15179_ScottPilgrim_ScottPumtree_POP_GLAM_HiRes_large.jpg

Also, there's hella confusion about what's going on with the Megazord pop, no one seems to know where exactly it's gonna show up. Rumors are FYE and maybe local comic shops, but people have been calling their comic shops and they've said they have no idea about it so... ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

The POPs that'll be on Funko's website, do they have a specific time they go on sale tomorrow? I just found out one of my bosses is interested in the Happy Happy Joy Joy Ren & Stimpy set so I'm sending her a link to their site but I can't seem to find if it says when they'll go on sale beyond just "Thursday the 20th"

hydruxo

So how soon will those exclusives show up in stores? Tomorrow the 20th?

Tomorrow, whenever the stores open. Your best bet is to be there before they open.

Some exclusives at stores like Walmart or Walgreens may or may not be out on the sales floor tomorrow depending on how on top of it the employees are there.

Tomorrow, whenever the stores open. Your best bet is to be there before they open.

Some exclusives at stores like Walmart or Walgreens may or may not be out on the sales floor tomorrow depending on how on top of it the employees are there.

So it's safe to assume that the majority of these stores already have the figures in the back?

I don't want to race to Game Stop before it opens only for them to tell me oh the UPS truck hasn't showed up yet.

LycanXIII

So it's safe to assume that the majority of these stores already have the figures in the back?

I don't want to race to Game Stop before it opens only for them to tell me oh the UPS truck hasn't showed up yet.

Yeah, there will be lines. Hot Topic will be the easiest place to get from however.

Zero315

Banned

Yeah, there have been pictures of stock posted, that's how a lot of the leaks came out before they announced the list.

Unlike last year when stores were getting stock delivered day of and weren't sure which exclusives they were getting.

The POPs that'll be on Funko's website, do they have a specific time they go on sale tomorrow? I just found out one of my bosses is interested in the Happy Happy Joy Joy Ren & Stimpy set so I'm sending her a link to their site but I can't seem to find if it says when they'll go on sale beyond just "Thursday the 20th"

no set times, they will just be staggered over the next 4 days. That specific one will go extremely fast, im after it too. It is limited to 2500 pcs, and most of those will be sold at the con.

Also, for anyone going to hot topic i just called my local one and they will be opening an hour early at 9 AM. Might want to check yours

Zero315

Banned
When do these pops go on sale? I'm looking to grab ares and Bruce Wayne online.
Honestly, anytime after midnight EST. Toys R Us is usually a bit slower about putting their stuff up though.

Funko updated the list to say that all Walmart exclusives will be online only.

Happy I snagged Carbon Fiber D.Va. Been waiting for that link to go live for ages.

Not so thrilled that Bodhi is at Target, after the Qui Gon fiasco. I'll probably try my luck in the morning and see what happens.

Top Bottom