• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future skyscraper will hang from an Asteroid (Cloud City!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega

Banned
On top of all the problems with this idea, I can't imagine any nation on the planet wants an enormous ugly rock blocking out their sun and sky. All for some stupid floating building from another country.

antibolo

Banned
For fuck's sake. If they can really pull this off, this construct would be a LOT more useful as a space elevator rather than a dumb novelty skyscraper for rich people.

NsirhC

My biggest fear with this would be the asteroid somehow crumbling or the supports somehow failing.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

gundam-chars-counterattack-screenshot03.jpg

Let the purge begin.

eot

Banned
No engineer signed off on this, I promise you that. This is exceptionally dumb
No better than this:
phystrol07.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah there's no way this works safely. Otherwise we'd have a Space elevator at t his point.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm sure people would love the idea of potentially ending all human life on earth so some rich people can live in a skyscraper that hangs from a comet.

latest

Solaris from Xenogears

Nah, this is the final dungeon for the next Shin Megami Tensei or Devil Survivor.

It somehow includes individual 4 kilometers tall areas for "monument", "worship", "reliquary" and "funerary".

And those top parts are where all the demon research or whatever are done

WaterAstro

The amount of atmospheric windforce will tear that to shreds. That's why there is no space elevator yet. It's not practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom