• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FX orders "Legion" Pilot, produced by FOX and Marvel Television

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Fuckin Legion lol

I think i liked him best when Colossus crushed him with a car. That was a great "Xavier is a bitch and fucks everything up, always" moment.

But i suppose if they go WAY super trippy with the reality warping it could be cool. If it drops around the same time as Dr. Strange they might ride some of that wonderfully weird wave to... some?... level of success.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I can't fucking fathom why this is being made, but if its means we're one step closer to a proper X-Men tv serie where the stench of Singer can't be smelt anymore I'll be ecstatic

Penguin

Show is expected by year's end

Guess we'll hear about casting soon

"I would anticipate that Legion would go on the air some time in 2016, this year."

Not set in the movie's universe/continuity

It's not in the continuity of those films in the sense the current X-Men films take place in a universe in which everybody on planet Earth is aware of the existence of mutants," he said. "The series Legion takes place in a parallel universe, if you will, in which the US government is in the early days of being aware that something called mutants exist but the public is not. I wouldn't foresee characters moving back and forth because they really are parallel universes."

Seems like no movie characters and would be only for 10 eps if goes forward

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/16/fxs-legion-anticipated-for-2016-tv-season

maxcriden

Show is expected by year's end

Guess we'll hear about casting soon

Not set in the movie's universe/continuity

Seems like no movie characters and would be only for 10 eps if goes forward

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/16/fxs-legion-anticipated-for-2016-tv-season

That makes it a lot more interesting to me. The less something I'd reliant on connected comic book movie/TV universes the better it seems to be to me. SHIELD got very good when it started to do its own thing more so.

TheOddOne

More info.

- Deadline: ‘Legion’: Dan Stevens To Play The Lead In FX Marvel Pilot, Aubrey Plaza & Jean Smart Co-Star.
Downton Abbey heartthrob Dan Stevens is returning to television as a superhero, signing on for the title role in Legion, FX’s X-Men-universe pilot from Fargo creator Noah Hawley. Co-starring in the pilot, from Marvel TV and FX Prods., are Aubrey Plaza and Jean Smart, joining previously cast Rachel Keller.

Legion introduces the story of David Haller (Stevens), based on the Marvel comics character Legion, the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier. Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, he has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. A haunted man, David is getting tired of finding his way back to sanity and is about to give up when he meets the girl of his dreams, a fellow patient. After the strange encounter, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

Plaza will play David’s friend Lenny, Aubrey Plaza Jean Smartwho despite a life of drugs and alcohol abuse, knows that any day now her life is gonna turn around, which gives her the likeable energy of the impossible optimist despite her rough demeanor. Smart is Melanie, a nurturing, demanding therapist with a sharp mind and unconventional methods. Keller plays the self-sufficient and street-smart Syd, who uses her sharp and prickly demeanor to protect her soft core, because even though it makes her a sucker and puts her at risk, she still believes in happily ever after.

Fargo‘s Hawley wrote the pilot and serves as an executive producer along with Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg of the X-Men feature franchise, Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb, as well as Jim Chory and John Cameron.

MrV4ltor

First picture:
574dea61c7dba.jpg
More info here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom