• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G.A.M.E 4.0 - A Chiptunes/Retrogaming Album By GAFfers!

Fabiollo

King Dork said:
Any one of the creators want to license out their stuff or collaborate? I'm making a couple XNA games right now, and I want to put some chiptunes in them.

My song is the less chiptune of the lot, but if it fits I'll gladly share it. (song is "The SID is vicious")

arne

Good job all! I rather enjoyed listening to this over the course of however long just now as I was working.

Makes me wish I had a reason to license or commission some chiptune, er, tunes.

Mark D

King Dork said:
Any one of the creators want to license out their stuff or collaborate? I'm making a couple XNA games right now, and I want to put some chiptunes in them.

I'd be interested in this.

bkw

Is there an Artist Bio/Inspirations page for this album? I loved reading about people's inspirations from the previous albums.

Plus what equipment they used.

EDIT: Ah, I see the text file now. Nevermind. =)

Broseybrose

my text file is.. well all over the place. the words are all there but the formatting is not. what are you guys using to open the txt?

btkadams

Broseybrose said:
my text file is.. well all over the place. the words are all there but the formatting is not. what are you guys using to open the txt?
i opened it in word, pages, and textedit and it opened like that in all of them.

pirahna1

Broseybrose said:

Yeah, I noticed that also. Least we know next time to make it into a picture like we have in the past.

Garcia

King Dork said:

I'd love to collaborate man. Count on me as well =)

I usually post my favorites, but I'm having too much of a hard time right now and I'd just feel bad for not naming the other songs because they're all great. My favorites usually change every other week though. I really like Amagone, LFK's track and For Victory right now. Last week I had other songs looped though, like Happy Chipcore and Regaining Ground. It'll probably change again next week! :p

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, this is siiiiiick. "For Victory" Is so radical.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
LiveFromKyoto's track perfectly and I mean perfectly captures that crazy giddy feeling you get when a game really "clicks" with you for the first time. Like that temporary moment when there is nothing else in the world you'd rather be doing.

Vark

Some really awesome stuff you guys.

Just a sort of FYI (Not at all meant to detract from the thread, but it fits the theme). This year during SXSW in Austin, the Alamo Drafthouse is hosting datapop 09.

http://www.datapopparty.com/

Anyone in the area should hit it up.

btkadams said:
i opened it in word, pages, and textedit and it opened like that in all of them.

yeah it's botched, hopefully it'll get fixed. It's a bummer cuz I really want to know what program you use for your vocal effects...

Neat compilation.

luffeN

at first, i only liked monchi-kun's OHVRWHRLD. but after listening to all of them for a while they are all great.

and for the statistics or whatever: game 4.0 got downloaded from my link 30 times.

btkadams

whiterabbit said:
yeah it's botched, hopefully it'll get fixed. It's a bummer cuz I really want to know what program you use for your vocal effects...

Neat compilation.
Rock Band Microphone
Garageband (on your standard Mac)

if you're talking about the autotune effect, i just took the track and took that meter that says "Enhance Tuning" swung it to max and made it "Limit to Key"

btkadams said:
Rock Band Microphone
Garageband (on your standard Mac)

if you're talking about the autotune effect, i just took the track and took that meter that says "Enhance Tuning" swung it to max and made it "Limit to Key"

ah. ive used autotune, but it always sounds more random than that. though what i was actually wondering about is the glitchy vocal effect in OK now you go.

btkadams

whiterabbit said:
ah. ive used autotune, but it always sounds more random than that. though what i was actually wondering about is the glitchy vocal effect in OK now you go.
oh well for that part i actually just used the same voice track and cut it up. then i took each piece and adjusted the pitch for what i wanted. a little tedious, but with just having garageband at that point it was the only option. do you want me to post a picture of my session so you can see it? it's pretty simple.

Whoa, I didn't realize you could do that with garageband. and no thanks, I get it now. Well done on actually getting it to sound good. Definitely stand outs on the album. if only autotune could fix bad singing :(

btkadams

whiterabbit said:
Whoa, I didn't realize you could do that with garageband. and no thanks, I get it now. Well done on actually getting it to sound good. Definitely stand outs on the album. if only autotune could fix bad singing :(
:) thanks! yeah garageband is a surprisingly deep program. i think i've been pushing it to it's limits for a while though so i'm extending my reach into other programs. they all have their strengths thats for sure.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I just threw this on my player this morning and am listening through now. Some stuff on here I REALLY am digging. Great work guys... now I'll have to go back and listen to the other 3.

Top Bottom