• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to read Big Ghost's thought on Drake's new tattoo:

yXnUq.jpg

:lol

(Sorry for the dumb ass text, imgur don't seem to want to edit the picture)

Detox

ReconYoda said:
Rough feat. Yelawolf is so damn good, imo. Glad to see Monsters In My Head on it too.
Yeah, my hype for Yelawolf's album keeps increasing with every new feature he does.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Max Armstrong said:

yXnUq.jpg

Requesting siddx to better articulate my thoughts on how fucking stupid this tattoo looks.

Since when is Drake egyptian?

zychi

Banned
Detox said:
Agree with siddx about the mixtape but I assume it is just tracks that didn't make the cut for RED and with some of the songs on the tape RED could be something special or at least come close to the Documentary.

If you're talking about the Ye diss there are songs on this mixtape that are better than Otis and HAM.
i'm talking most of game's releases lately are diss tracks. he's clearly trying to start a feud, whether its fake or not, to get some free promotion behind his record. kinda like ye and 50 did a few years ago. it's not gonna happen tho.
I like the HAM remix with Busta on it, it made the song wayyy better, Otis is meh. But I'm also a big Kanye supporter so I'm bias on his stuff.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If drake's tattoo was a rapper, it would be Chuggo
Hilariously bad, completely embarrassing, and makes me want to stab a child in the face.

SUPREME1

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Come to think of it, yeah your right about Deck too. 4:21... The Day After from Meth was pretty dope though, with great verses but got overlooked and underpromoted by Def Jam.

We at week 3 son, people been diggin' it so far.

Criminally underrated album.

Meth was on his game at that point, and was indeed a top 5-or-so rapper.

Max Armstrong said:

http://i.imgur.com/yXnUq.jpg

son, this softie ass n*a got owls on his shoulder bone and shit. N*as in the streets ain't feeling that son. wheelchair jimmy is rocking tootsie roll mascots son. asking wayne how many licks does it take to get him a platinum album and shit. a one, a two, a chomp and a three and shit nahmean. he prolly wanna know how many licks to get to the center of nicki minaj's stank puss, b. she probably drop tootsie pops in his mouth on the daily, son. some real foul shit. they only do that cuz his dick prolly don't even work and he relates with Nite Owl from Watchmen and shit. N*a got paralyzed on Degrassi and his dick don't work in real life. method actor still stuck in his role and shit. what the fuck god, dis n*a Aubrey's favorite restaurant is Hooters and shit. talking bout he like the hot wings, fuck outta here, you supposed to be looking at titties son. i'm sitting there like "o rly n*a"? ol' I can't understand double entendres ass n*a. this n*a look like he be delivering mail to Harry Potter and shit. ol' goofy looking cornball ass n*a. Aight peace.

edit: forgot one owl reference

Thanks for the PM, man. That shit was pretty sad. Harsh world in the world of the music industry.

soul creator said:
son, this softie ass n*a got owls on his shoulder bone and shit. N*as in the streets ain't feeling that son. wheelchair jimmy is rocking tootsie roll mascots son. asking wayne how many licks does it take to get him a platinum album and shit. a one, a two, a chomp and a three and shit nahmean. he prolly wanna know how many licks to get to the center of nicki minaj's stank puss, b. she probably drop tootsie pops in his mouth on the daily, son. some real foul shit. they only do that cuz his dick prolly don't even work and he relates with Nite Owl from Watchmen and shit. N*a got paralyzed on Degrassi and his dick don't work in real life. method actor still stuck in his role and shit. what the fuck god, dis n*a Aubrey's favorite restaurant is Hooters and shit. talking bout he like the hot wings, fuck outta here, you supposed to be looking at titties son. ol' I can't understand double entendres ass n*a. this n*a look like he be delivering mail to Harry Potter and shit. ol' goofy looking cornball ass n*a. Aight peace.
eo7Ac.gif

Esch

Banned
it's weird, like i read that post about the tattoo, checked big ghost, and there it is: a new post goin in on drake.

it's like he can actually read my mind nahmeans

EschatonDX said:
it's weird, like i read that post about the tattoo, checked big ghost, and there it is: a new post goin in on drake.

it's like he can actually read my mind nahmeans
I checked the blog right after you mentioned it and...

rick+ross.jpg

What in the name of Pam Grier's left titty is going on here?

Liquid Swords is a perfect hip hop album. Featuring some of RZA's darkest production, visual lyrics, and a host of kung fu dialogue the album's place in hip hop history cannot be denied.

To me, early 90s GZA was pretty much as close to a Rakim/KRS status as any rapper at the time. Most rappers today, and even in the 90s, waste rhymes. They say a lot of shit, some of which is dope but most of which is kinda filler. That's especially true of the rapid fire rappers who drown out the beat with their stream of words. With GZA, EVERY line was a dart. Every bar had some type of meaning. He was on an entirely different level from all the up and coming 90s cats alongside Nas imo.

And like Nas, his future albums disappointed. But while Nas at least dropped another awesome album (IWW) and a few good ones, GZA basically just has Liquid Swords. After RZA's grand plan concluded, the solo albums got kinda weak; he no longer supervised shit, no longer produced 90% or more of the albums, etc.

PBY

Banned
Don't wanna freak anyone out, especially you Yoda, but its been reported in the WTT thread that FERRARI BOYZ IS IN THE WILD

WATCH THE THRONE

edit: YUP GAME OVA

Recon

Banned
Worst album of the year leaked....Good news!!! Ill "acquire" it and start writing my track by track commentary. Should be an awful time all around.

DominoKid

Ferrari Boyz kills. Fuck the haters.

I wish I had some blunts to do this shit proper. It's hard to mob properly when you eating a jelly sandwich.

Coming from a Royce fan, Success Is Certain is a bit boring. Not bad, but just...meh. Future listens might change the opinion, but I can't say I'm not disappointed after Hell: The Sequel where I thought he outperformed Em.

PBY

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Coming from a Royce fan, Success Is Certain is a bit boring. Not bad, but just...meh. Future listens might change the opinion, but I can't say I'm not disappointed after Hell: The Sequel where I thought he outperformed Em.
I agree... I used to be a pretty big Royce fan, haven't really loved much of his stuff after the Bar Exam 3...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
DominoKid said:
Ferrari Boyz kills. Fuck the haters.

I wish I had some blunts to do this shit proper. It's hard to mob properly when you eating a jelly sandwich.

that jelly better be grape.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
I agree... I used to be a pretty big Royce fan, haven't really loved much of his stuff after the Bar Exam 3...
Royce is not exactly the guy I'd look to to get an enjoyable album.

Really I don't think I'd enjoy an album from him at all despite liking dude as a lyricist.

enzo_gt said:
Royce is not exactly the guy I'd look to to get an enjoyable album.

Really I don't think I'd enjoy an album from him at all despite liking dude as a lyricist.

Death Is Certain, The Bar Exam, The MIC Mixtape, Street Hop, and Build and Destroy are all range from solid to great projects. Success Is Certain is just boring. Old songs on it, and really "safe" sounding overall.

Tokubetsu

ReconYoda said:
Worst album of the year leaked....Good news!!! Ill "acquire" it and start writing my track by track commentary. Should be an awful time all around.

Why waste your time on it? I'm sure there are other more productive things you could be doing Yoda.

IrishNinja

+1 to starberry jelly. i moved out the old block, i can afford that shit now.

ShinobiFist said:
PM's have been sent out to the people who asked about the whole Mya deal.

just saw man, bout to read it, thanks.

PhoenixDark said:
Same with Deck. Both will kill a verse with ease, but can't really make a full song. Tical is great though, but Meth has been quite a disappointment overall. At one time there was no question he was one of the best rappers in the game, but he never reached DMX/Jay-Z status when he had as much talent and marketability.

sometimes PD comes in here talking reckless, but i'll co-sign this. I love Deck on group efforts, like RZA said he's an amazing opener, but cant get into any of his solo shit. Meth is amazing but yeah, he should've banked like those dudes. i dont know if that's Def Jam's fucking him or the fact that he/ghost/others needed an MBA or some shit to properly market themselves, but lyrically he's on that tier, and even has more mass appeal than any wu member rightfully should.

PhoenixDark said:
Liquid Swords is a perfect hip hop album. Featuring some of RZA's darkest production, visual lyrics, and a host of kung fu dialogue the album's place in hip hop history cannot be denied.

To me, early 90s GZA was pretty much as close to a Rakim/KRS status as any rapper at the time. Most rappers today, and even in the 90s, waste rhymes. They say a lot of shit, some of which is dope but most of which is kinda filler. That's especially true of the rapid fire rappers who drown out the beat with their stream of words. With GZA, EVERY line was a dart. Every bar had some type of meaning. He was on an entirely different level from all the up and coming 90s cats alongside Nas imo.

And like Nas, his future albums disappointed. But while Nas at least dropped another awesome album (IWW) and a few good ones, GZA basically just has Liquid Swords. After RZA's grand plan concluded, the solo albums got kinda weak; he no longer supervised shit, no longer produced 90% or more of the albums, etc.

you're on a roll today. i can see GZA on that Rakim/KRS level. ironically (in regards to answering you here) i was just telling my boy i think Jay Elec could be on that Rakim shit if he showed up & did stuff.

part of me still doesn't wanna watch that Wu docu you guys were talking about the other day, for this very tragedy. RZA talks a bit in his books about how the clan felt these shaolin movies where the bad guys came together & did some good, but fell apart right after for similar reasons...you can see that shit in the trailer alone with Rae, Ghost etc comparing paychecks from different labels and shitting on each other.

again, i know RZA might've over-charged for his grand plan shit, but i kinda feel like he's vindicated by the struggle for relevancy most of them have had since, while he got to move onto movie OSTs and anything he himself wanted. I respect what Rae's doing for them right now, but did it work? how did Shaolin vs Wu sell? at least they're still making that tour money.

ps another playlist subscribed to, escha. keep em coming man!

Recon

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Why waste your time on it? I'm sure there are other more productive things you could be doing Yoda.

Im a masochist. Plus, I'm not working right now since i quit my job(heading up to school in a few weeks), so i have a ton of free time. Im currently working on my own project, another project with a friend, so a Wacka/Gucci commentary should be a fun(awful) time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom