• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
coldvein said:
you have no idea how much shit i take in real life for taking this stance. all my boys are technically skilled, politically motivated backpackers. they get crowds movin. but i always gotta remind them that kanye put out a better album than they ever will in their lives. it's a division.

You shouldnt talk so poorly about your friends... :(

coldvein

Banned
Blackace said:
You shouldnt talk so poorly about your friends... :(

i know yr probably trying to slag me off for my previous shouts in this thread.. that said.. my friends are the shit. my friends are the best mc's in my world. they're hype, they're angry, and they're rapping on my block for free. what more could one ask?

coldvein

Banned
RJT said:
Are your friends Mute Spitta and Supa Hot Fire?

...umm. no. and i'm not saying that they're "IMPORTANT".. just that in the scene in which they exist, they kill. and i have tons of gripes with their style and their flow and everything, but they've got energy, and they work their asses off.

Blackace

finished that east mix..wondering if I should wait...

RJT

coldvein said:
...umm. no. and i'm not saying that they're "IMPORTANT".. just that in the scene in which they exist, they kill. and i have tons of gripes with their style and their flow and everything, but they've got energy, and they work their asses off.
Link us to something. Now everybody's curious.

Blackace said:
finished that east mix..wondering if I should wait...
East Cost Thursdays sounds about right :)

Blackace

coldvein

Banned
RJT said:
Link us to something. Now everybody's curious.

hahaha. i'll put up footage from tonight's show as soon as i can. but no, nobody is curious. people see my name in this thread and instantly ignore me as some kinda fanatic. which is fair.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
coldvein said:
hahaha. i'll put up footage from tonight's show as soon as i can. but no, nobody is curious. people see my name in this thread and instantly ignore me as some kinda fanatic. which is fair.
This is pretty much the fanatic |OT|. So many radical views in this thread, so many quibbles between people. No need to be so pessimistic.

Plus if your boys are backpackers, they better fix their faces and get ready for the post-MBDTF era for backpackers as directed by prophet Yeezy.

RJT

Blackace said:
I don't got free time like that..
Fair enough. We take what we can, and ask for no more
3AQmK.gif

Blackace

RJT said:
Fair enough. We take what we can, and ask for no more
3AQmK.gif

got WCW going and drop in whatever I can.. but two deadlines a week would be rough...

kodecraft

ReconYoda said:
Agreed. Shit was bad. Mixed bad. Production average. Lazy as fuck including free GOOD friday tracks. What the fuck moments with Fergie. Laughably bad lyrics, even for Kanye standards.

I feel this way about Graduation....even kanye said people told him it felt like 'lazy production"....MBDTF is a gem to me along with the marketing he did to get his name buzzing again with the GOOD Friday tracks...that was genius to me actually.

Esch

Banned
DominoKid said:
i also cant wait for the year end top 10 post. i sense that the results will make a lot of folks mad.
nope, everyone is expecting them to be mostly bad because of lurkers

Oh and Blackace i could get that mix whenever fam, today would be nice if it's done

Blackace

ShinobiFist said:
That mix is tight. 50cent, then Fat Joe.....You funny Blackace...

If I worried about 50s beefs I couldn't mix him with anyone...

Blackace

HiResDes said:
Hahaha, so true...BTW, nice mix as always really.

Thanks.. My favorite parts of it are the Frank Sinatra to JaRule, because i made that myself.. Heard a lot of the Empire State of Mind mixes with Frank Sinatra.. The Swizz Beatz to ODB..

The new mix is mostly new stuff, but equally as awesome

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Really nice mix ace. ITS ME BITCHES. I say that whenever I walk into the room.

and yeah the swizz to odb transition is sick

Detox

Nice mix Ace not what I was expecting which made it better. The mixing is really good as always. Listening to Nasty made me think it would be awesome if you could make a mix with no hook just guys on lyrical god mode no coast prejudices.

siddx

You know listening to that mix made me realize one of my issues with east coast rap these days. East coast rap used to be grimey as fuck, the type of music that made me want to get into a fistfight with random strangers. Now it's 70% music that sounds like the kind of shit girls play as they get ready to go out to the club for the night. Admittedly I enjoy that lightweight club shit too, it's just kind of sad to think how much of an edge the east coast lost.

Esch

Banned
LOVED how it opens with NY, NY. a little cliche, but its just too fitting >:]

siddx said:
You know listening to that mix made me realize one of my issues with east coast rap these days. East coast rap used to be grimey as fuck, the type of music that made me want to get into a fistfight with random strangers. Now it's 70% music that sounds like the kind of shit girls play as they get ready to go out to the club for the night. Admittedly I enjoy that lightweight club shit too, it's just kind of sad to think how much of an edge the east coast lost.

Same for the West Coast. Except it's just on a whole different level of ignant.

siddx

HiResDes said:
I disagree there's been a huge resurgence in grimey east coast music...

From who? A bunch of unsigned artists putting out mixtapes? There are still a handful of artists with more exposure doing grimey shit, but most hip hop out of the east is about as grimey as amber rose's asshole after wiz licks it clean.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
How often do people hear listen to Scarface? I just started giving MADE and Emeritus a chance, and I have to say, these are great albums.

siddx

SoulPlaya said:
How often do people hear listen to Scarface? I just started giving MADE and Emeritus a chance, and I have to say, these are great albums.

Untouchable is a top 5 album of all time for me, I listen to it regularly. Although my CD has become beat up to the point some of the songs barely play. Should have burned it while I had the chance.
The Diary of course is a great album, but it never gets as much play as untouchable (im the only one who prefers untouchable though).
I went on a geto boys binge a few months back as well and I was listening to The Fix again recently as well.

siddx said:
From who? A bunch of unsigned artists putting out mixtapes? There are still a handful of artists with more exposure doing grimey shit, but most hip hop out of the east is about as grimey as amber rose's asshole after wiz licks it clean.
What's it matter if they're signed or not?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
siddx said:
Untouchable is a top 5 album of all time for me, I listen to it regularly. Although my CD has become beat up to the point some of the songs barely play. Should have burned it while I had the chance.
The Diary of course is a great album, but it never gets as much play as untouchable (im the only one who prefers untouchable though).
I went on a geto boys binge a few months back as well and I was listening to The Fix again recently as well.
Untouchables is great, simply because of Smile, but yeah, I prefer Diary.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
siddx said:
I'm with you 100%.

I miss that fight music.

siddx

Pinko Marx said:
What's it matter if they're signed or not?

Because 100 people, half of them gaffers, are listening to that super grimey east coast album from Baby Killer Mcgee. It's irrelevant to the point I am making which is that there was a time when the guys selling big and getting exposure were making grimey music and representing the east coast. Now we have rappers making club music reping the east coast and all the grimey shit is coming from artists that only a handful of people hear.
There are exceptions, but it's not like it used to be. I'm not mad about it, it's just the way it is.

Big boi just posted that he finished two new tracks with little dragon for his next solo LP.

What are the odds he releases another solo album before andre releases one?

Slizz

MorisUkunRasik said:
Big boi just posted that he finished two new tracks with little dragon for his next solo LP.

High.

siddx

MorisUkunRasik said:

Guaranteed. Andre doesnt make music anymore, he just rambles out some incoherent spoken word verses on ke$ha remix albums.

siddx

Banzaiaap said:
I gotta wonder.. What does GAF-HOP think of Dope D.O.D., the first Dutch Hiphop act I'm actually proud of going international?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zL_paDVTc

It's dope as fuck, I'm a big fan of international hip hop, having grown up in various countries overseas. I always made it a point to seek out local band's music. My dream (fantasy I should probably say since it would never happen) is to become famous enough to be able to put together a world hip hop group album where I pull in artists from all over the globe to work on a single album.

siddx said:
It's dope as fuck, I'm a big fan of international hip hop, having grown up in various countries overseas. I always made it a point to seek out local band's music. My dream (fantasy I should probably say since it would never happen) is to become famous enough to be able to put together a world hip hop group album where I pull in artists from all over the globe to work on a single album.
Yeah I really like em too. Good to see they're at least moving all over Europe and people are digging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom