• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh shit, damn...LOL

soPh0.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
how did you not see the girl when you posted this. all you have to do is click on the link you posted and the first thing you see is a chick in this tee.

Hires wears skinny jeans, it would make sense for him to like a woman's tank top.

kamspy

I'd also like to thank Bricksquad for signing Chief Keef so all chances of him ending up on G.O.O.D. have been eliminated. Too many close calls, from Montana to this.

You really don't know how great French on GOOD would have worked out.

I don't think you guys really give French a chance. I never would have if not for that Coke Boys 3 album art. But download Coke Boys 2 (better IMO) and give dude a shot. He's not a lyrical miracle, but he's a hook machine and puts a ton of personality into hit raps.

Blackace

I don't think you guys really give French a chance. I never would have if not for that Coke Boys 3 album art. But download Coke Boys 2 (better IMO) and give dude a shot. He's not a lyrical miracle, but he's a hook machine and puts a ton of personality into hit raps.

French is pretty horrible... But he would have been a great fit on MMG or Bricksquad..

Blackace

I really am old, 30 fuck years. I keep waiting for the bald spot and gray hair. But fuck it, even at 80 i'll still be the fucking man.
You telling me.. Going on 35 this year and still killing these youngins

Maybe I read the post wrong but with Bruno Mars would create more sales?

Sorry if I read the post wrong

I meant in terms of having singles featuring poppy hooks, whether it's a hook with Minaj singing or Bruno Mars singing, or Rhianna etc. I can't see that working with someone as ratchet as Keef

Blackace

I meant in terms of having singles featuring poppy hooks, whether it's a hook with Minaj singing or Bruno Mars singing, or Rhianna etc. I can't see that working with someone as ratchet as Keef
Please.. Drake hook with Keef would have worked just fine.

Blackace

whoa this old gaf is bumbing me out. maybe yall should get back on your t-rex, Fred Flintstone style, and get some air.

there is a come back about T-Rexing your mama but I won't make it.. age has mellowed me out

Blackace

Keef didn't sign to BSM he just did a video w/ Waka

not known yet.. but he is wearing the BSM chain like he is signed.. his new mixtape is going to have a few tracks from Lex as well.. let the rumors roll

Blackace

Also not to be an attention whore.. but I got to be that type of ninja..

I just wondering if I could get some feedback on the mixes I have posted so far.. which ones are your favorites.. and any other comments about flow or mixing would be awesome.. I just realized that I am about 40 deep.. lol

kamspy

Once I get my cd player installed in the Caddy I'll be able to listen more Ace.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, to all my peeps who threw their 2 cents in on the rag top, the things were a fucking joke. They weren't OEM and just felt horrible. Guess I need to buy a real one. :/ I knew $150 was too good to be true. It was.

iavi

Actually meant to say this earlier: Ignorant 11 is actually one of my favs so far. I can't really say much constructive but that I felt the transitions weren't as strong as a few of the previous I heard, but the actual song selection came together better than usual, imo - don't even know why. I've listened to it through three times now.

Blackace

Once I get my cd player installed in the Caddy I'll be able to listen more Ace.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, to all my peeps who threw their 2 cents in on the rag top, the things were a fucking joke. They weren't OEM and just felt horrible. Guess I need to buy a real one. :/ I knew $150 was too good to be true. It was.

word! appreciate...

It ain't a huge deal.. just love getting feedback.. good and bad!

Blackace

Actually meant to say this earlier: Ignorant 11 is actually one of my favs so far. I can't really say much constructive but that I felt the transitions weren't as strong as a few of the previous I heard, but the actual song selection came together better than usual, imo - don't even know why. I've listened to it through three times now.

there were a few janky transitions.. mostly due to a lack of working with the material most of the stuff I never used before. But the mood worked out real sharp.. just listened to it for the first time lol

iavi

there were a few janky transitions.. mostly due to a lack of working with the material most of the stuff I never used before. But the mood worked out real sharp.. just listened to it for the first time lol

Word. I've been looking for work all day and it really kept me going.

Blackace

also need a new mixer..

Channel 1 has a short or something that causes the right speakers to pop out at times..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

French got a chance. He's got many chances on features. It's come to the point where you keep wondering, why do artists keep giving him more chances?

And personality? Lol?

siddx

I just wondering if I could get some feedback on the mixes I have posted so far.. which ones are your favorites.. and any other comments about flow or mixing would be awesome.. I just realized that I am about 40 deep.. lol

Of the three "series"
Poppy2 (energy from start to finish, less nicki than poppy 3, better song selection than poppy 1, but honestly I really like all three)
WCW9 (death rowish theme, just hit all the right sounds for me, love that style of westcoast rap)
Ignorant9 (great selection of tracks, the most fun)

Others:
Black N Yellow 2 (that smooth ignorant shit, type of stuff to get drunk to)
Wildingout (kind of a poppy mix with a harder edge)
OLDSKOOL (Love this era of hip hop)

kamspy

What kind of monitors do you have at home Ace? You just use headphones? Figure since you're in Japan you're probably in an apartment.

Cuz uh, you can ask Toku or HiResDes, I know my speakers. I helped Toku pick his out and Dez has been to my crib and heard them in person. Pretty much the perfect speakers for the genre (and price range).

What kind of speakers does everyone in GAF HOP have?

After going through probably no less than a dozen pair of towers, I decided my best bang for the buck was the Polk Monitor 50s. They hung with some speakers thrice the price, and the silk dome tweeter leaks out some really smooth, non harsh highs. I went through Klipsch, JBL, Energy, Infinity (the Infinity Beta's I almost kept, close #2). I ended up keeping some B&Ws for the bedroom. They're not suited for hip hop whatsoever. I run a BIC America F12 sub. It's a god. If Thor had a sub, and he couldn't afford a SVS God Sub, he would have a BIC F12. REL was my second favorite sub, but it was twice the price and actually didn't get quite as low as the BIC. It was more musical and a little faster, but that means little for hip hop.

Blackace

Of the three "series"
Poppy2 (energy from start to finish, less nicki than poppy 3, better song selection than poppy 1, but honestly I really like all three)
WCW9 (death rowish theme, just hit all the right sounds for me, love that style of westcoast rap)
Ignorant9 (great selection of tracks, the most fun)

Others:
Black N Yellow 2 (that smooth ignorant shit, type of stuff to get drunk to)
Wildingout (kind of a poppy mix with a harder edge)
OLDSKOOL (Love this era of hip hop)

Poppy 2 was a good mix.. but I am a little partial to 3 because it has Party Rock to NiP lol..

BnY2 is an older mix by me but really one of my better ones... however I actually practiced that one now I kinda freestyle much much more..

going to start putting together a track list for a death row mix today.. owe it to Macca who has done so much for me..

What kind of monitors do you have at home Ace? You just use headphones? Figure since you're in Japan you're probably in an apartment.

Cuz uh, you can ask Toku or HiResDes, I know my speakers. I helped Toku pick his out and Dez has been to my crib and heard them in person. Pretty much the perfect speakers for the genre (and price range).

Right now just headphones as soon as I get a new HDMI amp I will need that speaker advice.. got some sonys that I brought with me but will be on the market..

DominoKid

exactly.
i see big things for him if Diddy doesn't fuck him over.

LOL Big Sean tweeted out pics of a new shirt hes selling in his store.. and this is it:
BGCTB311.JPG

who wears this shit?

i'd rock it if it didnt have Big Sean's face on it...and swerve was spelled properly.

SoilBreak

Banned

The bricksquad mix was banging. The transitions on the mix was really on point.

siddx

Poppy 2 was a good mix.. but I am a little partial to 3 because it has Party Rock to NiP lol..

BnY2 is an older mix by me but really one of my better ones... however I actually practiced that one now I kinda freestyle much much more..

going to start putting together a track list for a death row mix today.. owe it to Macca who has done so much for me..

Right now just headphones as soon as I get a new HDMI amp I will need that speaker advice.. got some sonys that I brought with me but will be on the market..

Personally my favorite transition is Florida's low into Me So Horny from poppy1. I fucking hate Low but when the two are blending together its hype as fuck.

I still think some mini mixes would be good. Tribe, Cypress Hill, UGK, Busta Rhymes, De La Soul, Biggie, Pac...all would make for some fantastic 20-30 min mixes.

Blackace

Personally my favorite transition is Florida's low into Me So Horny from poppy1. I fucking hate Low but when the two are blending together its hype as fuck.

I still think some mini mixes would be good. Tribe, Cypress Hill, UGK, Busta Rhymes, De La Soul, Biggie, Pac...all would make for some fantastic 20-30 min mixes.
That Low to Me so Horny was one of my original blends.. Still is butter!

I would love to some of those.. If not soon.. For sure in summer

kamspy

I'm your man. Commoner-GAF would be great at giving you general speaker recommendations, but I went through so many sets just for hip hop. Def hit me up when you're ready. You'll be happy you did. Just wait for Toku to chime in on how swagged out I got him for <$300.

Tokubetsu

Yea, really happy with my polks and sub. Actually was fiddling with the crossover on the sub today now that I'm sure it's burned in. Happier with the setting I found today haha. I think I was playing Waka? Wasn't happy with what I was getting and found a nicer spot.

Blackace

The bricksquad mix was banging. The transitions on the mix was really on point.

Riverdaaaaale!

I'm your man. Commoner-GAF would be great at giving you general speaker recommendations, but I went through so many sets just for hip hop. Def hit me up when you're ready. You'll be happy you did. Just wait for Toku to chime in on how swagged out I got him for <$300.
4 sure!

siddx

Suge sounds like a jilted lover trying to get back at an ex who broke his heart. Bitch ass motherfucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom