• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not hard to find better headphones than Beats for less money. It's pretty simple why they get shitted on by people. They're pretty much fashion accessories. They do look nice I will admit.

PBY

Banned
Indeed they did.

But then they had to be Pitchfork again and give it a numerical score unrepresentative of the written review or judgment. By that read it's at maximum a 4.

Agreed. I did like their point of well, its not mindblowing, but we give it credit for sounding huge.

They really wrote how I feel about it. And if I HAAAAD to rate it, I'd be at around a 7 too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Fucking wow.

To qualify that, you only need to go into a music store and try some Audio-Technicas next to some Beats by Dre and it's clear where the quality lies.

Not so clear... At least the DJ headphones...

And so what they aren't the best headphones on the planet? Ciroc isn't the best vodka but its a status symbol and good marketing..

Blackace

Well uh no. You should try good headphones before you say these things. Beats are called shitty for a reason...

Beats are called shitty because they are a poppy accessory now.. Not because they are trash headphones.

But more overpriced headphones, like Sony products..

//B1G

Banned
Beats good? fucking lol. you can get far superior sets for a fraction of the price.
now these are good looking:

aiaiai-headphones.jpg

nns3d

I'm sure you guys have seen the choices Jay-Z picked for the NBA 2K13 soundtrack.

The Hours: “All in the Jungle”
• Too Short: "Blow the Whistle" (Main)
• Eric B. and Rakim: “I Ain’t No Joke”
• Phoenix: “1901”
• Jay-Z: “Pump it Up” (Freestyle)
• Puff Daddy and the Family: “Victory” (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
• Daft Punk: “Around the World" (Radio Edit)
• Santigold: “Shove It” (feat. Spank Rock)
• Kanye West: “Amazing”
• Jay-Z: “Run This Town”
• The Dirty Projectors: “Stillness in the Move”
• Nas: “The World is Yours”
• Coldplay: “Viva La Vida”
• Roy Ayers: “We Live in Brooklyn, Baby”
• Justice: “Stress”
• Jay-Z: “The Bounce”
• Kanye West: “We Major” (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
• Mobb Deep: “Shook Ones, Pt. II”
• Meek Mill: “Ima Boss” (Instrumental)
• Kanye West: “Mercy” (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
• U2: “Elevation”
• Jay-Z: “On to the Next One”
• Jay-Z: “Public Service Announcement”
• Jay-Z: “H.A.M.” (Instrumental)

It's already better than last year's soundtrack, that's for sure.

Recon

Banned
Those look like shit...

Not really. They are simple, slick, tough as all fuck. Great sound quality that shits on Beat's overblown mess they call bass. People hate on beats for more than just their shitty accessory status, they are bad headphones, save for the high end Pro's, but those are about $200-$250 overpriced.

Blackace

Not really. They are simple, slick, tough as all fuck. Great sound quality that shits on Beat's overblown mess they call bass. People hate on beats for more than just their shitty accessory status, they are bad headphones, save for the high end Pro's, but those are about $200-$250 overpriced.

No they do look like shit.. Not saying they sound like shit just they look like shit.. Simple is fine. Looking like an event wristband is not.

I rock Sony MDR-Z700.. Great headphone for the price and super reliable.. I blow out a pair every year and a half or so...

Beats good? fucking lol. you can get far superior sets for a fraction of the price.
now these are good looking:

aiaiai-headphones.jpg

these look great. like play-doh plastic!

as for what i own and FEELS good on my ear (i.e. doesnt give me a massive earache after 1 hour of wearing them)

bose_on_ear_headphones.jpg

Recon

Banned
No they do look like shit.. Not saying they sound like shit just they look like shit.. Simple is fine. Looking like an event wristband is not.

I rock Sony MDR-Z700.. Great headphone for the price and super reliable.. I blow out a pair every year and a half or so...

No, they dont. We can keep doing this forever though.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
yo, what's some of your favorite tapes this year? I know I've missed some of your post, but bout to run through some mixtapes I know for sure I missed.

Yeah, that Sean Rose grew on me earlier, pretty chill music but definitely have to be in the mood.

EDIT: El-P x Killer Mike project coming. as in both rapping.

I take it you talking about ones you can download legally for free right? If so here's like 10 in no specific order I been feeling throughout the year that you could try and i've tried to avoid ones I've seen referred to by more than one person around here. So for example while I quite like Meyhem Lauren's Respect The Fly Shit, it's been mentioned for sure and you've probably heard it.

Killa Kyleon & Mouse On Tha Track - Welcome To The Fish Fry
Supa Villain - FreeLANCE
Boldy James - Consignment: Favor For A Favor
Foxx - Don't Work Don't Eat
Tree - Sunday School (Deluxe version i've actually only got the original)
Starlito - Mental Warfare (or listen to 320kbps at his bandcamp here)
GIA - Boarding Pass
Ice Burgandy - Progress Involves Risk Unfortunately
Dank - Cheech & Chong
Problem - Welcome To Mollywood

Ah fuck it, couple bonus ones and i'm sure there's more i'm forgetting.

G Mane - Late Nite Ridin Muzik Vol. 2
Dizzy D - The Huntsvillian

//B1G

Banned
Lol how could matte black look like shit? That's just stupid...
And the picture I posted is more than likely a render,watch a YT vid to see them in action. They're super slick looking

Blackace

Lol how could matte black look like shit? That's just stupid...
And the picture I posted is more than likely a render,watch a YT vid to see them in action. They're super slick looking

The color is fine.. The adjustable earphones look like ass.. So yeah lol?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I use $5 in-ear headphones I got from XSCargo. Quality is phenominal. Clear as crystal. People be sleepin' 'bout where the real value is brehs.

Blackace

Those Sonys look like someone threw up silver and said it looked great. You are not leading by example.

Show me where I said they looked great.. Oh yeah never said that.. But that model along with the pioneers, and Aud Tech that all look almost the same are the standard among DJs...

and they look better than the matte black pile of shit

Recon

Banned
Show me where I said they looked great.. Oh yeah never said that.. But that model along with the pioneers, and Aud Tech that all look almost the same are the standard among DJs...

and they look better than the matte black pile of shit

I was giving you shit, you said something to the effect of being in the public eye along with functionality. Honestly, I give no shits about what my headphones look like, I dont take them out of my apartment. I use the included apple buds that came with iphone for walking in between classes.

Although, I think the TMA1s look amazing. I love simple designs though. No flash, all substance.

Esch

Banned
des please recommend me some cans for about 50. no ear buds. I'm willing to pay 20 more.

something very durable f you can...I also largely don't care about appearance since id use them for gaming and studying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom