• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
bought? maybe.

personally I like the ones crux posted as well as recons. I'm a minimalist when it comes to tech stuff though

and like I said I could do like 70, I feel like its worth it

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I was giving you shit, you said something to the effect of being in the public eye along with functionality. Honestly, I give no shits about what my headphones look like, I dont take them out of my apartment. I use the included apple buds that came with iphone for walking in between classes.

Although, I think the TMA1s look amazing. I love simple designs though. No flash, all substance.

I just hate that adjustable earphone part... Looks cheap and tacky to me.. Other than that they could have really good looking

Esch

Banned
fuckit

closed on ear headphones for like 100$ ? also I'm reading your thread des

edit: krk kns6400 looking nice

HiResDes

The light bass would kill hip-hop tracks for you. I'd just go with the Koss honestly. The Superlux HD668B are another option, but you'll sacrifice a bit of clarity for boost in bass. Both are good though, no doubt.

Esch

Banned
The light bass would kill hip-hop tracks for you. I'd just go with the Koss honestly. The Superlux HD668B are another option, but you'll sacrifice a bit of clarity for big boost in bass. Both are good though, no doubt.
I notice that they're open... I think I'll stick with the koss. generally speaking I feel like I like my output to be a lil more balanced, and since im gonna rely on them for gaming as well i think they'll fit that purpose better too

HiResDes

Good choice, no doubt. If you would have gotten into the headphone game about two months ago I would have sold you my DT 770s for $100.

Ovid

I've always been a hip-hop fan but it was never a genre that I loved. I recently started a Pandora channel with conscience hip-hop and discovered some awesome tracks.

The track "Auditorium" by Mos Def is amazing.

That's one of the few songs I like off that album. That song is so good though, love everything about it.

domo is supposedly dropping his tape at 4:20(am), I believe.....good very good.

kamspy

des please recommend me some cans for about 50. no ear buds. I'm willing to pay 20 more.

something very durable f you can...I also largely don't care about appearance since id use them for gaming and studying.

Sony XB500.

No better headphones for hip hop in that price range. I went through a few. You'll love em. Bass will rattle your jawbone.

kamspy

It is a damn good headphone for hip-hop

I had those Superlux. They're a good set, but they grip my head like fucking vice grip and the bass isn't even sniffing the XB's.

The fit and finish on the Sony's are also amazing. Build quality is great and for a full sized set of cans, you can actually forget you're wearing them. So light. Plus, there's no 30' long cable, a caveat to some, a bonus to me.

"He's not a drug kingpin. He's not moving keys. He's not whippin' chickens."

You guys should see Fartano's review for God Forgives, I Don't. 'Cept for KM, stay away.

Oh and Auditorium is amazing, one of my favorite hip hop songs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
gaf hop, pop gaf needs your opinion

is Rick Ross good or bad?
He has his moments, very recently was very influential to the sound of hip-hop records everywhere. Good fundamental rap skills that compensate for him not having crazy lyrical ability.

tl;dr: Mostly good, until he takes his titties out.

Trey

After one listen, I find GFID utterly forgettable aside from TBD. The mastered version is much appreciated. Therefore the album's not a complete waste, so I'll show my respects by giving it at least another listen.

T Dollarz

I'd like a professional's opinion on my headphones: Studio Beats by Dre :lol

The quality is pretty fucking incredible, but if I had to do it again there is no way I would have spent $250 on these when I could have bought what you posted for $50.

Esch

Banned
the man titties are half the appeal, most unabashed fat guy of all time

also just copped those Koss 100's thanks hip hop gaf

Recon

Banned
It's memory foam, and my favorite part about it is they don't make me sweat as much as other full sized headphone cups. Also, flat cord ftw.

I actually bought them one time, just didnt like them that much. I also like closed headphones for home use.

Hootie

When do people use headphones? Its a very rare occasion i use em. Maybe the odd time i have to take the bus or train or some shit?

Usually at home. If i'm walking to class/at the gym/etc I'll use earbuds, but I will on occasion walk with my phiaton's. Especially if its cold out, they actually work great as earmuffs haha.

T Dollarz

Seeing as my regular Sony buds died today, I'm forced to use my Beats for everything now. That included running on the treadmill today :/ Felt pretty awkward...

Coming from an Aesop Rock noob, Skelethon is like being hit in the face repeatedly with stacks and stacks of paper that have words printed on them, single spaced strcture, andnospacesinbetween. Just a constant stream of lyrics with slight variations in tone to the point where I sometimes wonder if it's still even in English ?_?

Oh and the production's good. No idea where this will end up in my year end ranking, but it's something...

HiResDes

Coming from an Aesop Rock noob, Skelethon is like being hit in the face repeatedly with stacks and stacks of paper that have words printed on them, single spaced strcture, andnospacesinbetween. Just a constant stream of lyrics with slight variations in tone to the point where I sometimes wonder if it's still even in English ?_?

Oh and the production's good. No idea where this will end up in my year end ranking, but it's something...

Lol, did you read my review, eerily similar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So hows about that OT5 thread title? We're gonna hit it in like two days at this rate GAF-Hop has reached.

GAF-Hop |OT5| Life is Good

Lol, did you read my review, eerily similar.

I'm actually only just going back through the thread to see how it was received, but it's good to know I'm not alone in this :lol

It's nuts. I swear certain 4-8 bar stretches will sound like pure SYLLABLES. I'm rewinding like wtf my brain just died or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom